2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my touring L has the 17 inch option with michelins premiers
in 2 and a half yrs we are at 33k miles and they are down to 2-3/32 tread

i know they have a 60k miles warranty and we have rotated them with proper schedule

ive read some reviews on the premiers and it seems to be a trend that mileage is poor. Usually i am a big fan of michelins but what other options are you guys looking at

we are in so-cal, 50/50 freeway , city

also if i get new tires from america tire or tire rack can i get prorated prices on new ones

·
Registered
319 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just replaced my YOKOHAMA AVID S34RV P235/65R-17 tires, last month with 52,000 miles. They came as OE on my 2017 Touring L. Only rotated once, and the the front tires were very worn. The rear tires till had another 10,000 mile left in tread depth. Ordered from Simple Tire and have them installed by Wheel Works in Belmont, CA. Out the door price with mounting was about $480.00.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My go to tire is Continental CrossContact LX20 with EcoPlus.

bought a santa fe at the end of 09 and the oem's lasted til spring '12. researched tires then and came across these. the oem's were always decent but a bit soft and mild noise. The continentals solved that instantly. road noise was not an issue anymore, the ride was very comfortable and handled well in turns. They're rated for good traction in all weather especially wet braking, but particulary a top rated all season for snow traction (not that you get much of either in cali, lol). Rated for 6yrs/70k warranty

I got 5.5 yrs outta my first set and couldnt have been happier. (got much less outta my second set, but that was due to some suspension components worn and alignment issues that I wasnt aware about until my tires were eaten up. I had too much confidence in the wear of the tires that I put off taking it to the shop for suspension noises and, in turn, was also not checking my wear regularly). I've sisnce replaced them with a cheaper tire since we'll likely be getting rid of that car soon.

Theyre on tirerack, check em out

·
Registered
267 Posts
my touring L has the 17 inch option with michelins premiers
in 2 and a half yrs we are at 33k miles and they are down to 2-3/32 tread

i know they have a 60k miles warranty and we have rotated them with proper schedule

ive read some reviews on the premiers and it seems to be a trend that mileage is poor. Usually i am a big fan of michelins but what other options are you guys looking at

we are in so-cal, 50/50 freeway , city

also if i get new tires from america tire or tire rack can i get prorated prices on new ones
I'm guessing you really meant to say "18 inch option" since the vehicle comes standard with 17s and the optional 18"-ers like the ones we have are Michelin Premiers.

Yes, the reviews on TireRack for these tires are dismal. We have 12,250 miles on ours to date (rotated at 7,200 miles) and they seem ok so far, but I am definitely concerned. I'd be curious to see how they perform for us as we drive more conservative that most others (only drive two to three miles per hour above the speed limit), and take it pretty easy on corners because we often have two dogs in their kennels above the second row Sto 'n Go seats.

Those Continentals mentioned by DefDog sound intriguing.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have 17s, so yeah the de-option

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
vdubpower
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing