2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speking of my 2017 Limited, around town I was getting around 18.5 MPB, but I thought that was OK because of red lights and sitting at idle fiddling with the electronincs, but on a recent road trip involving around 200 miles of pure highway travel, I was only getting 23.1 mpg. That does not come near to the documented 28 mpg. How does that compare with your experience?

·
Registered
316 Posts
If this mileage for a ehybrid then I’d definitely say your doing something extremely wrong . In city I’m getting 45 and on last trip to Florida I was getting 37-42 . I’m assuming your is a ice , driving style has a huge impact on mpg .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is not a Hybrid and it was mostly on cruse control with a constant 70 to 75 MPH.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahhh, that's why I get mostly posts about the hybrid! Thanks for the tip. Will change profile now.

·
Registered
316 Posts
And best part in GTA Ontario CANADA is that plug in is free. At home I pay 6 -9 cents kWh. But driving 13000 plus Kim’s and avg 60mpg is a thumbs up in my book and lots cash still in my pocket ...

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
And best part in GTA Ontario CANADA is that plug in is free. At home I pay 6 -9 cents kWh. But driving 13000 plus Kim’s and avg 60mpg is a thumbs up in my book and lots cash still in my pocket ...
Same in Vancouver BC.

Public charging if free, but hard to find available in the wild these days - its actually a great thing that the adoption rate for EV’s is so high..

At 8.5 cents a kWh and $1.70/L ($6.59/Gallon) its no wonder.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Agreed, and I’m glad that actually the take is like 1% of the general palpitation on ev vehicles. Heck even McDonald’s is going to start putting charging stations on their premises . Gas here is around 117 a litre and no matter the price of gas I always say “free is free”. ...lol...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts