2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Luxury White Pearl Pacifica Touring L Plus
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, still in my 'honeymoon' period with the van, but I'm a LONGTIME minivan evangelist!

I have 3 kids (10, 12, 14), all of which are in various sports or activities. Wife drives a Infiniti QX56. It is a behemoth.

Gas mileage, sliding doors, driving experience, versatility all make the van SO much better than the giant SUV. The QX might only win out when we go out for a fancy dinner or when the minivan stigma shines bright with the carpools.

Anyway, I drove my 08 Ody proudly for 12 years and looking forward to many years with the Pacifica. Last week, hauled the whole family and a week's worth of gear to Sandbridge. Comfy and plenty of space (without any hitch or roof boxes). Today, needed to haul a load of food boxes for the needy. In the past, I hesitated to remove my Ody second row seats as they were heavy and well, needed storage in the garage. I probably removed them from my van two or three times a year since it was a pain. Here comes Stow-n-go!!!!!!!! No hesitation (except hauling stuff in my pristinely vacuumed van). Popped out the 8th passenger seat, and stowed-n-goed, and I was off for the box pickup within minutes.

75+ boxes later

Storing in my garage for another two hours and I hit the remote start every so often to cool off until I can deliver to our distribution.

Would've been much harder to do this with the SUV or even a truck without that climate control.

Just wanted to shed some love for a distinguishing feature our van has over competitors and other vehicles. This might not exactly fit the "What did you do TO your Pacifica" topic, but maybe more like "What did you do WITH your Pacifica today"

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
238 Posts
This might not exactly fit the "What did you do TO your Pacifica" topic, but maybe more like "What did you do WITH your Pacifica today"
I think this definitely fits here. The world needs more people like you offering time and resources to help those in need. Many kudos. (y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Just wanted to shed some love for a distinguishing feature our van has over competitors and other vehicles. This might not exactly fit the "What did you do TO your Pacifica" topic, but maybe more like "What did you do WITH your Pacifica today"
I have had a chrysler mini-van continuously since 1985 (Plymouth Voyager), and there is nothing better for a family road trip or general hauling - and the Stow 'n go makes it even better.
I Never 'got' the idea of a pickup truck - I could never think of what I'd want to haul that I wouldn't care if it blew away, got rained on, or was subject to theft. I have hauled dirt in upright garbage cans in a mini-van, thinking I'd be hauling mud if it rained while hauling it in a pickup truck.
On some vacations we took Ubers - and I was struck with so many of the 'ass-u-v's that you had to climb up into with third rows that were inaccessible and with zero leg room, and how huge they were on the outside and surprisingly close on the inside. I have regularly taken 2 other couples with wife and I in my Pacifica, and NOBODY gets a bad seat - it is like a limo in comparison to most Ass-U-Vs for the third couple.

·
Registered
154 Posts
ass-u-v.... dang, never heard that one before... thanks! :) hahaha

g.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts