2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Something I have noticed about online reviews, and even a dealer's service department I will never go to again is, misinformation about the Pacifica's hybrid transaxle. A lot of people are claiming it is a CVT. While similar, it is an Si-EVT.

I recently went to a dealer that is only about 8 miles from me as I wanted to know the price of servicing my transaxle in the future. I was immediately told that my hybrid has a CVT and they will not service it or work on it at all. I had already done my research and knew about ALL the internal workings and how the transaxle functions. I told the service manager, it was a Si-EVT and the transaxle IS serviceable. The service manager looked at me blankly and said it is a CVT and we won't touch it. At that point, I walked away.

I called Chrysler Corporate and filed a complaint against the dealer. Chrysler Corporate told me to find another dealer's service department and to not let that dealer touch my car as they are not trained properly or qualified to work on it if they don't know what the transaxle is. Chrysler Corporate told me the transaxle IS serviceable and they put a single drain plug on the bottom and two ports on the front side for a reason. The lower port on the front is for refilling, the upper port is for a special 90-degree dipstick to check the level of fluid.

If you are interested in learning more about your Pacifica hybrid transaxle watch this.:nerd:

Si-EVT Transaxle

This is a CVT (and they dont last long)

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Awesome , I’ve also told people that the Tran is not a cvt. People should start to realize that some people are generally more informed than dealers for a lot of reasons . I have to say I’m so glad I purchased the ehybrid over the ice one . The engine and Transmission combination is so seamless . Thanks for post

·
Registered
697 Posts
Something I have noticed about online reviews, and even a dealer's service department I will never go to again is, misinformation about the Pacifica's hybrid transaxle. A lot of people are claiming it is a CVT. While similar, it is an Si-EVT.

I recently went to a dealer that is only about 8 miles from me as I wanted to know the price of servicing my transaxle in the future. I was immediately told that my hybrid has a CVT and they will not service it or work on it at all. I had already done my research and knew about ALL the internal workings and how the transaxle functions. I told the service manager, it was a Si-EVT and the transaxle IS serviceable. The service manager looked at me blankly and said it is a CVT and we won't touch it. At that point, I walked away.

I called Chrysler Corporate and filed a complaint against the dealer. Chrysler Corporate told me to find another dealer's service department and to not let that dealer touch my car as they are not trained properly or qualified to work on it if they don't know what the transaxle is. Chrysler Corporate told me the transaxle IS serviceable and they put a single drain plug on the bottom and two ports on the front side for a reason. The lower port on the front is for refilling, the upper port is for a special 90-degree dipstick to check the level of fluid.

If you are interested in learning more about your Pacifica hybrid transaxle watch this.:nerd:

Si-EVT Transaxle
https://youtu.be/rDPwQefY2KY

This is a CVT (and they dont last long)
https://youtu.be/c47caRqbbnE
I can see how someone would mistake it for a CVT since there are no “shifting” of gears per se. But when you watch the video it is quite ingenious, the way it works. And it is far less complicated that a standard automatic transmission.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts