2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up mud flaps off of ebay (OEM) for $73.00 shipped. :)

Search for: 17' Chrysler Pacifica Mopar Molded Splash Guards (front & rear)

They are very easy to install, unscrew existing bolts and attach. Well, except for the passengers side - rear. That one requires the wheel to be removed so you can drill a hole that's missing. I installed them (for now) without removing the wheel or drilling the hole for the inner most bolt (on passenger rear only). It's not going anywhere, there are still 3 other bolts holding it. I figured I'll be rotating the tires at 5k anyways, I'll drill the hole when then. Why waste the time removing a wheel now? :nerd:

·
Registered
742 Posts
Haven't ordered the 17 Pacifica Limited yet, waiting to see TUSK WHITE.....but I better order as I just bought that full set of four splash guards for 73.00!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Good find and great price for the splash guards. I want to like them but I always feel the change the look of the van/cars when installed. :(.

Put up some pics of the van with the splash guards installed if you get a chance. Maybe more real world pics will entice me to change my mind and order a set.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good find and great price for the splash guards. I want to like them but I always feel the change the look of the van/cars when installed.

Put up some pics of the van with the splash guards installed if you get a chance. Maybe more real world pics will entice me to change my mind and order a set.
So I thought I could just find some pictures on google and repost, no such luck. Not even from Chrysler.

So here's some pictures from a couple of different angles. I think the mud flaps look/fit nice on the van, you might say they compliment it! Please excuse the dirty van, I drove home in pouring rain today (we needed the rain). Real world testing, LOL. No BIG mud splatters from driving in the rain/mud (and you can see how the tires are real dirty). I'd say the splash guards are doing their job.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I like the look of the 18" rims on the limited. Very easy to wash.

Mud flaps look pretty good too. On my todo list.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I did the same thing with mine. That last screw didn't seem to be necessary. They are a nice touch and should help protect the sills.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
It looks like the splash guards are a configurable option when ordering the Pacifica. I wonder if they're selected in the order if they would be installed at the factory or just tacked on by the dealer upon arrival. Anyone know?

·
Registered
742 Posts
At the factory, I bought some and already have then for 73.00 shipped, wasn't gonna pay that higher price. I can't wait to get mine in......8 weeks I was told.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The dealer here gave me a set. They came in and the other person didn't want them on theirs so he just threw it in with mine. Nice deal

·
Registered
26 Posts
mud flaps

found them very easy to install...I didn;t have to remove tire for the one hole...the kit comes with a metal nut that you can thread the screew thru the nut

·
Registered
172 Posts
mud guards

When I got my van I paid 80.00 for them installed by dealer.I love them and they blend right in with the granite color of the van. I would post some pictures but dont know how that is one of the bad things about being 76 years old and out of time with things the other thing is I dont have to work anymore.

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
How flexible are the mud flaps, last set broke off going in and out of driveway with winter snow build-up
They've got some flex to them, but I wouldn't call them super flexible. They could certainly be torn off with enough force, but the snow would have to be pretty deep and compacted.

·
Registered
80 Posts
How flexible are the mud flaps, last set broke off going in and out of driveway with winter snow build-up
Were your set that broke the OEM Mopar flaps?

Attached are pics of my Mopar flaps, on a very dirty Pacifica. :wink2:
The material is not very flexible, but based on the OEM molded fit, I expect them to be pretty robust. As always, YMMV, depending on how hard you kick the frozen slush off of them. :surprise:

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
splash guards

Now that we are getting snow all the time I love them.Keeps stuff off side of van.I think I paid arround 80.00 for them from the dealer installed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts