·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
We had a very tough time deciding between Red or Molten Silver. Dealer did not have Molten Silver on the lot and the web photos online varied quite a bit. We went with Molten Silver and LOVE it!!! Not too golden but distinctive from silver.

Next will be tinting the front windows to match and UV clear tint for windshield.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
Looks great. Luckily, my dealer has one in that color on the lot so I could see it in person. I'm planning to order one tomorrow.

·
Registered
999 Posts
We had a very tough time deciding between Red or Molten Silver. Dealer did not have Molten Silver on the lot and the web photos online varied quite a bit. We went with Molten Silver and LOVE it!!! Not too golden but distinctive from silver.

Next will be tinting the front windows to match and UV clear tint for windshield.

Looks kinda bronze to me... and that is a good thing. Is it metallic?

·
Super Moderator
643 Posts

Looks great! Congratulations.

·
Registered
32 Posts

Nice pics...thanks for posting. Congratulations on your new van. Looks great!

We are patiently(?) waiting for our Molten Silver Touring-L Plus ordered on 8/11. Estimated delivery time is the 3rd week in Oct.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Finally got to see a Molten Silver Pacifica and I have to say, I was very disappointed. I expected more silver than... copper? Yes, a mix of Bronze and Copper is what it looks like, at least on a cloudy day. The one thing I have noticed is that people do not adjust their cameras to give the proper color of the car. Here are a few that I snapped. The first one is TRUE to the color on a cloudy day. I even got a video of one, but cannot upload it here.

Edit: Figured it out.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
Yes, it's definitely got quite a bit of bronze to it. Whether you like that or not is a matter of preference. Sometimes it looks more silver, depending on the light. I agree that calling it Molten Silver is a bit of a misnomer, but I like it. If it really was just silver, it would likely be the same as the Billet Silver color.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I guess the emphasis is on the word molten. Now I have to look up the word Billet so I can guess that color!

I like the molten silver a lot. The first one I saw was the picture Wanted posted (haha, "Wanted posted", now I get it!!) The picture at the top of this thread isn't even close. I've had a similar color before on a Mazda and my favorite thing about it was it didn't look dirty again so soon after washing it.

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
Mine doesn't actually look quite as bronze as GoHawks' pics. It's overcast and raining, but here's a quick cell phone pic.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
She was frosted over this morning. A great time to use the remote start! This reminds me that I've got to make time to get the winter wheels and tires swapped over.

Attachments

·
Registered
999 Posts
Mine doesn't actually look quite as bronze as GoHawks' pics. It's overcast and raining, but here's a quick cell phone pic.
I promise you, my video and picture was exactly how it looked to my eye. I had adjusted my camera to match what I saw. Subaru does have a dark deep silver that I liked. I was hoping this would be like that. On the flip side, I rented a silver Pacifica and it is not that bad. My Mazda's silver is a deep silver and the Pacifica silver is similar.

BTW that Mazda silver was liquid silver.

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
I promise you, my video and picture was exactly how it looked to my eye.
I have no doubt that it really looked exactly as your pictures and video depict it. I'm just saying that the look of the color changes quite a bit depending on the light and what's around it. Sometimes it look very bronze like your pics. Other times it looks very silver with only slight bronze to it. I kinda like that the look of it changes with the light.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I understand what you are saying. I need to see it in full light.

The tusk white and Cordova reacts to light the same way. Ty.

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
Has anyone seen a Molten silver Limited with the mocha interior? How does it look?
Yup, in my garage! I wasn't thrilled with the Mocha interior when placing the order, but now I really like it. Especially after seeing that most of the Black/Diesel interior is actually alloy.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
19 Participants
quib
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing