1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Anybody tried putting these on their van for $58.00?
Not sure if they work at all and how they look.
MOLDED SPLASH GUARDS 82214505 no logo or
Part Number: 82214507 with logo.
https://store.mopar.com/accessories/2019-chrysler-pacifica/
Here are a couple of threads with photos. If you search "install splash guards" you might come up with some other threads also.
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/433-2017-chrysler-pacifica-phev-hybrid-general-discussion/24961-oem-mud-flaps-installed.html?nojs=1#goto_threadtools
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/385-appearance-body/1897-molded-splash-guards-front-rear.html?nojs=1#goto_threadtools

·
Registered
288 Posts
After seeing how thick snow and ice builds up behind the tires in the wheel wells after our first winter in our Pacifica, I decided not to pursue this option, but would definitely consider them if we lived in a warmer climate.

·
Registered
332 Posts
After seeing how thick snow and ice builds up behind the tires in the wheel wells after our first winter in our Pacifica, I decided not to pursue this option, but would definitely consider them if we lived in a warmer climate.
I live in snow country. After two winters, I have had no problems with the mopar splash guards.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I had them installed from factory and they work really well. I’ve driven it in few snowstorms without any issues (particularly due to the mud flaps). I don’t see what’s the problem you are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I’ve got a silly question: What do the mud flaps actually accomplish? I’m ignorant about it. Do they impact fuel economy at all?

That is indeed a silly question. It’s a cosmetic attachment mostly (just like roof rails, fog lamps, ...etc for most of us anyway)It may help to reduce the splash of mud and water to the sides of car. But if you think about it, any small amount of mud / dirt on car will need a wash, (it doesn’t matter if you have too much dirt or little dirt) so that’s not achieving much.

In regular driving I don’t think there will be any effect on fuel economy. If you are driving at high speeds for most of the life of car, it may reduce the economy by one in a million perhaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I’ve got a silly question: What do the mud flaps actually accomplish? I’m ignorant about it. Do they impact fuel economy at all?

They keep the parts on the side of the van behind the wheels cleaner. Less mud, etc. splashes up on my white van.:smile2:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I put on the mud flaps to avoid rocks hitting the side panels and chip the paint. Went with 265 width and lowered, tires now sits flush with the wheel well, any extra protection helps.
The OE mud guard is quite low and gives good protection; I had to cut about 2" in height to avoid dragging on speed bumps after the van is lowered.
They work quite well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts