2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

361 - 380 of 416 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey AZBEAN, where do you GET that kind of info??
I have searched in vain for a service manual for my 2019 hybrid, and never got a whiff of the beast!

By the way, I did get a recall letter from Chrysler around the beginning of July and amazingly found a dealer nearby who did the checkup the next day.
You can bet I'll be going back to those guys next time I need something. (Can I put a plug in here for Ourisman FCJ.. in Alexandria, VA?)

·
Registered
52 Posts
The Vehicle Health Report section deals only with codes that your van is throwing. The recall is a separate issue, so would not appear as one of the "Immediate Action Needed" items. The recall isn't based on codes being generated by the van.
AND... the recall can't be completed yet because they haven't figured out what causes the problem, as I understand it. What they do for now is check things to be sure there is no problem developing (as far as they can tell).
I got the checkup, but the service manager was careful to tell me that it's not FINISHED, and I'll have to take the car back when they "Get the parts".

·
Registered
36 Posts
How many days does it take on mopar.com shows my recall is completed after actual recall is done?
I went to a dealership and they completed this recall on last Thursday but it still shows as incomplete in Mopar.com

I am afraid they actually inspect it or not..

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
323 Posts
How many days does it take on mopar.com shows my recall is completed after actual recall is done?
I went to a dealership and they completed this recall on last Thursday but it still shows as incomplete in Mopar.com

I am afraid they actually inspect it or not..
Your recall has not been completed. The dealer just did the inspection, and the recall will only be showing as Complete after the final part(s) are replaced sometime in the coming months.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I might be leaving the country soon for work till the end of the year so my wife and I won't need two cars. We've currently got an Enterprise rental Dodge Caravan and our trusty Prius.

Our dealer has said they think a fix should be done by next week which completely disagrees with what others are sharing in this thread.

In my view, since we bought the van and it immediately went back to the lot for recall, the sale my be reversable under Lemon Law. However, we do want the van, nothing else comes close for us, but kid #3 won't arrive till next year.

Do you think it's possible Chrysler might offer reimbursement in place of a rental if we returned the rental to Enterprise? A figure posted earlier pinned the monthly cost of a rental at around $1800, would Chrysler prefer to cover my van payment instead of a rental until November?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
323 Posts
I might be leaving the country soon for work till the end of the year so my wife and I won't need two cars. We've currently got an Enterprise rental Dodge Caravan and our trusty Prius.

Our dealer has said they think a fix should be done by next week which completely disagrees with what others are sharing in this thread.

In my view, since we bought the van and it immediately went back to the lot for recall, the sale my be reversable under Lemon Law. However, we do want the van, nothing else comes close for us, but kid #3 won't arrive till next year.

Do you think it's possible Chrysler might offer reimbursement in place of a rental if we returned the rental to Enterprise? A figure posted earlier pinned the monthly cost of a rental at around $1800, would Chrysler prefer to cover my van payment instead of a rental until November?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
We can only give an opinion, which is obviously not binding. Only Chrysler can answer your question. Send a message to @ChryslerCares by hovering over their name and clicking on Message.

Reactions: Calvengeance

·
Registered
808 Posts
Hey all, new to the forum. Yeah so we picked up a 2018 pacifica hybrid last year at a pretty good discount. Everything was fairly smooth besides the occassional infotainment black screen. Our little gem didn't pass muster with inspection so now we're stuck with a crappy crossover loaner for the foreseeable future. Our Camry has more trunk space. The "3rd row" is only useful for those needing to transport double amputee midgets. I could deal with this for a little while but 5 months!? Come on FCA give us a friggin rental vehicle voucher or something!
Tell them that you need a 6 seater for the family

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm late to reading this thread, and didn't bother reading the 19 pages before my post.
I had my 2020 Pachy at the dealer today for oil change, tire rot, camera recall/update, and 12v isolator post inspection.

It passed the inspection. Everything took 2 hours. They said Chrysler came out with a fix yesterday, and they should have the parts as early as July 30. Also, said the the fix takes about the same time as the inspection.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Touring, 3/20, build, Velvet Red Pearl, nav, power tailgate, 4Knines cargo mat
30 Posts
I've heard from a dealer in the San Francisco area that the parts are on the way, and that here in Northern California, where there are more PacHys than anywhere else, they will receive them first. My dealer keeps saying they expect the parts soon. King Todd's post corroborates those assurances, so I remain optimistic about taking delivery of our new red PacHy fairly soon!

Reactions: GlenP and KingTodd

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had been trying to convince my wife to buy a Pacifica Hybrid for about a year to replace her sedan. I finally convinced her one night to give it a test ride. We went the next morning--6/24--and she was completely sold. We went inside to talk numbers but were told the price on the website included all sorts of discounts we don't qualify for and we have to pay thousands more than advertised. So we leave and figure we'll try another dealer.

On the way home from the test drive, we got a call from the service department with bad news about my car. With a vacation planned to begin 6/27, we decide to try to get a Pacifica immediately. I start calling around and getting prices, but they all start calling me back to say they just recieved a stop sale and they can't sell the car until this recall issue passes. They suggest it might be resolved in a week or so.

Except for one dealership. This one tells me they can inspect the car to see if its effected, and if not, they can sell it. Obviously sounds sketchy. I've never dealt with a recall before, but I figured that when the parts come in we'll just bring it back and ask them to look at it again. Can't take very long to fix it at that point. In the meantime, we have a ride.

We go on vacation and the car is great. My other cars are 10 yrs old. This thing nudges me back in the lane on the highway! I feel like I'm in the future.

Less than a week later, the salesman calls us and says its time for "part 2" of the recall inspection. This "part 2" was never disclosed. We bring it back around 7/5 or 7/6. They give us a Dodge Caravan loaner. We've been calling the sales guy twice a week and he tells us he's not sure when the "inspection" will be done. We finally call the service shop instead and they claim there was no corrosion when it was first inspected, but there is now (10 days later). Sure. They don't know when they'll get the parts. They don't even expect to have a timeline until late August or early September.

On the one hand, we knew the sale was sketchy and the dealership was just telling us what we wanted to hear. On the other, you can't just tell people what they want to hear if its not true!
We're considering returning ours under a lemon law claim. Chrysler basically said there's nothing they can do to help.

Then this morning the sales guy tells me the part came in and we should have our car back early next week. Once again seems to contradict everything we hear everywhere else. Makes it hard to have faith that the car will be safe if they give it to us next week. Maybe we can have it reinspected at a different dealership afterwards.

·
Super Moderator
323 Posts
Maybe we can have it reinspected at a different dealership afterwards.
There would be nothing to stop you from getting a second opinion. But if the Chrysler records show your vehicle has been fixed and has no outstanding recalls, you would have to pay for that inspection. The only way you would not have to pay would be if the second dealer could swear that the work had not been done.
\

·
Registered
8 Posts
View attachment 44122 View attachment 44122

This is a very good development - says that parts are now available. This is on the mopar recall website.
This is exciting!

However it looks like the attached letter on the site isn't updated with a specific time frame on parts.

I just got off the phone with Mopar and they didn't seem very knowledgeable. They said they didn't have the parts and didn't know when they might come in. Seems like every time I call I get a different answer. Just wish there was a bit clearer communication about this problem and recall.

Though, we don't own one yet, so we aren't getting official notification - just searching and calling as we can! :LOL:

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Touring, 3/20, build, Velvet Red Pearl, nav, power tailgate, 4Knines cargo mat
30 Posts
Just read the 42-page repair procedure, fully illustrated with color photographs with circles and arrows thereon. Thank you Charli3 Tang0 for posting it! Very thorough, and as one who enjoys fixing things, I'd love to tackle it myself. Except, I don't have a hoist. Also, the shop time allowance if the cables are to be replaced is 3.1 hours. It would take me 3.1 days. Interesting to see that the process for reimbursing dealers who couldn't sell these cars but had them in stock is also set forth. (See "Floor Plan Reimbursement" page 38). I'm hoping ours, which has never left the dealer and is a May, 2020 build, will need only the gasket (1.4 hours) and not the cables, which involves a good deal of disassembly.

Reactions: GlenP

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wasn't going to share the following until tomorrow, as I thought it was too good to be true. After seeing the final remedy instructions though, it makes sense.

We've been trying to purchase a 2020 in Delaware since June. The van we wanted was delivered to the dealer the day after the stop sale order hit. It passed inspection, unsurprisingly, since it had just been delivered, but they were unable to sell it to us. So we've been waiting like everyone else that is trying to buy one. This dealer has really treated us well and we were willing to wait it out, as long as they were willing to sell it to us for the agreed upon price and incentives we had at the time it was delivered, which they were happy to do. We got a call this past Wednesday with the surprising news that they had a final remedy and they hoped to have it completed in a few hours. They called a few hours later and it was ready to be sold to us. On top of that, we got a higher cash back incentive.

Given no new information had been posted anywhere about a final remedy being available yet, I was skeptical. On top of that, due to work schedules, we haven't been able to go get the van yet (going tomorrow morning). I was honestly expecting to get there and some other snag about the recall prevent them from giving us the car. But now, given the final remedy is the gasket installation assuming a good inspection, I'm more surprised now it took this long to get this out. Our dealer had the gasket kit already available, so I don't believe this to be a special item. I can only guess the formal process of approving a final remedy took this long to validate.

So, hopefully tomorrow, we'll have our new van.

Edit: One final bit of info: this dealer doesn't use Mopar for their service center...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congratulations on the Delaware Delivery! And yes, the incentives got better in July, so some benefit there from waiting. I'm thinking there may be even further improvement in the incentives for August, but we're going to collect our van as soon as it's ready, whether this month or next. That rubber gasket does look like a pretty simple part. I would have used a grommet, personally, to cover the bare edge of the body sheet metal, but perhaps that would have resulted in making the hole too small. It also appears that the post that goes through that hole has a rim on it that performs the function of a grommet. Fascinating. I love this stuff.

·
Registered
349 Posts
55k passed inspection although theyve had it for a few days now due to hvac servo losing its mind under the dash.

361 - 380 of 416 Posts