2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

381 - 400 of 416 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
55k passed inspection although theyve had it for a few days now due to hvac servo losing its mind under the dash.
That servo issue must be a pretty common problem. I’ve gotta get mine fixed now at only 26k miles. I wonder if it would behoove me to call the dealer and ask if they have the replacement part in stock before I take it in for service.

·
Registered
12 Posts
To follow up: after picking up the new van yesterday, they shared with me that it is indeed a new type of gasket. Chrysler had actually mailed the part out to be there the morning the instructions were shared for the final remedy. We just got lucky with timing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Charlie Tango

Which dealer in Delaware did you go to for your van? I am in Delaware and I have a 2020 van. Love the van so far. I even hit 93 mpg one time when I did not use gasoline for 3 months.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Charlie Tango

Which dealer in Delaware did you go to for your van? I am in Delaware and I have a 2020 van. Love the van so far. I even hit 93 mpg one time when I did not use gasoline for 3 months.
Holden Dodge in Dover. Would definitely buy from them again (and they don't use Mopar for their service center).

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Holden Dodge in Dover. Would definitely buy from them again (and they don't use Mopar for their service center).
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Mopar is an FCA brand for parts and service. Holden advertises Mopar on their web site.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We got our car back today. The service guy said he was mistaken when he previously told us we had failed the inspection. But they did replace the defective parts and got it back to us.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Mopar is an FCA brand for parts and service. Holden advertises Mopar on their web site.
Not sure why, but they said they don't have a Mopar service center (but the did have a service center). They also didn't advertise anything in store for Mopar service. Maybe I misunderstood the sales folks. They are a much smaller dealer... might have something to do with it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Napleton Northwestern in Chicago is telling me middle of August for parts. Called this morning to check.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Napleton Northwestern in Chicago is telling me middle of August for parts. Called this morning to check.
The service manager at my dealer told me the parts are not available in his system to order until August 8th.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
323 Posts
Sounds like they are rolling the parts out to the 'hot spots' first. As more parts are made available they will get distributed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
We were just notified that our dealer did the repair. I will be checking the paperwork for the part number listed in the repair document, due to lack of trust...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just called my dealer and asked if they had the part available to close out my recall. He stated the part(s) have indeed started to come in, but slowly. They scheduled me 3 weeks out to "reserve" a part for me. So, guess I'm on the schedule. It is weird still loving a car that seems to spend more time at the dealer than in my hands...I feel so conflicted.

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
3 Posts
Vancouver, BC here - just called my dealer and they said the "part" has arrived and they recommended I book and get in as soon as possible because they're not confident when additional parts will arrive once the first supply are handed out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the PDF link. Looks pretty involved to just inspect the two trouble spots indicated. Also, it now makes sense why they added the "no liquid spills in 2nd row behind drivers side" warning. I'm not personally too worried about this, but I can't reassure anyone else based on my admittedly high tolerance for risk and a vehicle with under 200 miles on it.

Meanwhile, until they get a fix, this inspection won't even clear the recall for the PHEV Pacificas, hence no more hybrid sales until then. I bought mine just in time, it seems!
My Pacifica failed inspection. They told me the 12v battery harness will be replaced but they are waiting for the parts to be released from Chrysler. So maybe they have an idea of whats causing the corrosion. Sucks that my dealer doesn't not have vans as loaners so my dogs will have to be lifted into a Jeep Cherokee in the meanwhile. It's a pretty silly design choice to send a battery cable through an isolated bolt and attach 2 cables on either side. I straight through cable design with a grommet would have much better reliability. Why the complexity?

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid
85 Posts
It's a pretty silly design choice to send a battery cable through an isolated bolt and attach 2 cables on either side. I straight through cable design with a grommet would have much better reliability. Why the complexity?
Easy assembly. The body gets that isolator post pressed or screwed in place. Then later the bottom stuff get lifted, and a worker, or robot attaches the nut securing the bottom side. Then later on the line, the inside gets put in place.

Having someone run a long cable through the grommet, and pulled inside takes more time. Every part and step is designed to keep things moving, which requires each step to be figured down to the seconds.

There is plenty of Pac hybrid assembly videos on Youtube. Great thing to watch when you have time.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited. Luxury White Pearl - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound - Sun Roof
19 Posts
I just bought a 2020 Limited 9 days ago. The Mopar App shows that recall was repaired.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We got ours back on Monday. I got a call from Chrysler today. They didnt know my repair was done, but told me they were rushing parts out for recent buyers and my dealership should have it soon.

Although I already had my car, it was helpful to hear this. I didn't trust my dealer, and I didn't understand how they could have a part now after telling me Sept/Oct. With the call from Chrysler it all makes sense.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took my van in yesterday for inspection and the service advisor thought that they did not have the new part in yet. However, when I picked it up the invoice showed that the CSALW462AA foam gasket was installed and that the recall was complete, so they must have just received the parts recently. This was at Dick's Country CDJR in Hillsboro, OR.

381 - 400 of 416 Posts