2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

401 - 420 of 454 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
347 Posts
I didn't trust my dealer, and I didn't understand how they could have a part now after telling me Sept/Oct. With the call from Chrysler it all makes sense.
The dealer was probably working with the original information that was noted when the original recall issues were reported. Since then, Chrysler has identified what is needed and has been able to acquire the parts sooner than expected.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I took my van in yesterday for inspection and the service advisor thought that they did not have the new part in yet....
I recently took my PacHy in for the inspection and no corrosion was found. When I heard that the new parts were starting to trickle into the dealerships I called the service dept. today. The lady tried to tell me that since the inspection found no problem that I wouldn’t need a new part. I promptly corrected her and gave her the story that all affected vans whether the inspection passed or failed would get the new part. She said she would have someone research it and call me back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently took my PacHy in for the inspection and no corrosion was found. When I heard that the new parts were starting to trickle into the dealerships I called the service dept. today. The lady tried to tell me that since the inspection found no problem that I wouldn’t need a new part. I promptly corrected her and gave her the story that all affected vans whether the inspection passed or failed would get the new part. She said she would have someone research it and call me back.
The same thing happened to me when I called my dealer today. Even searched my car and said no outstanding recalls now since I had the inspection... I tried to explain the repair but they wouldn't really listen. I guess information travels faster here than it trickles down through Chrysler to the service depts.

Then I called the 1800 number just to confirm it needed the final fix. I said I didn't think my dealer was too informed about the recall. They suggested it may be too early still - that the letters just went out. Or I could try another dealer. 😂.

So I figure I’ll just wait a little until they get the memo.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Touring, 3/20, build, Velvet Red Pearl, nav, power tailgate, 4Knines cargo mat
39 Posts
Big news! Jeffrey, Sales Manager at Seaside CDJR, called this morning to tell me the part arrived and would be installed today! So tomorrow first thing we'll take the 171-mile drive down to the Monterey Bay area in the Honda Clarity Fuel Cell (keeping that) and finally lay eyes on the van we made a deal on three weeks ago! We'll check it over, test drive, pay, and then do a little sightseeing before heading back home to Davis. Questions from a newbie: 1) anything in particular to watch for as I examine the van before accepting it (beyond the usual fit and finish, does it track straight, rattles, etc)? 2) anything special to do with regard to the 171-mile drive home? I'm told it will be fully charged up. Thanks all! Very excited--this van is our 25th wedding anniversary present to ourselves!

Reactions: Rigbyfab4

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
No suggestions on the van, but maybe you could also buy a house around Carmel-By-the-Sea and not bother to drive back?

So who drives the new van, and who drives the Clarity back to Davis?

Reactions: UFNavy06

·
Registered
603 Posts
The same thing happened to me when I called my dealer today. Even searched my car and said no outstanding recalls now since I had the inspection... I tried to explain the repair but they wouldn't really listen. I guess information travels faster here than it trickles down through Chrysler to the service depts.

Then I called the 1800 number just to confirm it needed the final fix. I said I didn't think my dealer was too informed about the recall. They suggested it may be too early still - that the letters just went out. Or I could try another dealer. 😂.

So I figure I’ll just wait a little until they get the memo.
I called the same dealer again today because they had never called me back the other day. I got the same run around. We don’t think you need a part. You passed the inspection. That’s all there is.

I told them if they looked up the status on my vehicle they would see that the recall is still open. They mumbled something about not having yet been paid by the warranty company...???

I might have to start talking to someone a little higher up.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Touring, 3/20, build, Velvet Red Pearl, nav, power tailgate, 4Knines cargo mat
39 Posts
No suggestions on the van, but maybe you could also buy a house around Carmel-By-the-Sea and not bother to drive back?

So who drives the new van, and who drives the Clarity back to Davis?
We will be within a few miles of Carmel. And as long as we're there buying things, yes, a house in Pacific Grove sounds good! The land of the million dollar cottage. The van is for my wife so I'm thinking she'll drive it home, but maybe I'll get a turn. I see in the owners manual it's recommended not to exceed 55 mph for the first 60 miles. I think if I avoid the interstates that will be doable. Stick to Hwy. 1 to Santa Cruz, then Hwy. 17 to San Jose. By then we'll have racked up 90 miles or so and can maybe take her up to 65 mph.

Reactions: UFNavy06

·
Registered
10 Posts
We successfully took delivery of ours yesterday. Fix is showing as complete online! This dealer got the parts around the same day the fix was announced and got the work done. I'm wishing there was a way to check that it was done correctly, but I guess that is the case for any work done on a vehicle!

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited 35th Anniversary, White w/Black and Cranberry
4 Posts
I've received an Email from Chrysler Customer Care, stating that the parts are available, and I should contact my nearest dealer for having the solution implemented... As we really liked the dealer whom sold us the van - two states away, their Service Advisor seems really knowledgable about the PHEV - and this is such a serious matter, we are hoping to set up an appointment with them - to make sure that the job is done right... As I totalyl agree with Panda Express 999 - it will be nice to park our beloved 'bomb' back in the garage again, and be able to keep it and charge it inside. Side note for anyone in a similar situation... as I work from home, and my wife works only 2 miles from home, and we do a lot of kid shuttling within a 5 mile radius - we'd researched and costed Level 2 chargers, and our town's electrical system, and have decided to stick with Level 1. And so we had a dedicated outlet put in for the PACHY at its spot in the garage, and another one, right outside the garage door, and we ordered a 2nd Chrysler Level One charger for $220 that we'll probably hang on the wall in the garage, and keep the one that came with the van, in the van, for when we charge on the move/trips/vacation, etc... We've been charging it successfully outside on and off daytime and into the evening, never over night, and its barely put a dent into our electric bill - pretty sweet - and with only say 30% hybrid mode use, we've been averaging 55MPG!

·
Registered
102 Posts
My local dealer completed the inspection today, it passed, so I have it back at home. Not really driving much these days anyway, so it sits out in the driveway farther away from the house and the other car. I will probably continue to use it as needed, mostly just for hauling myself and home/garden stuff around on the weekends. Hopeful that they will come up with a solution soon.
Just got my follow-up letter in the mail today stating that the repair can be scheduled at my local dealer, WA state. Going to call them for an appt. Thankful that this will be soon resolved.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Called my dealer to set up an appointment. They already have the part in stock at the dealership. Apparently Chrysler already sent out parts to dealerships in anticipation of this recall.

·
Registered
256 Posts
After getting several calls, I stopped delaying and had my inspection last Friday. When I booked the appointment and when I went in, I asked about the part but it wasn't available yet. They called me Saturday to ask when I wanted to come back to have the part installed because "it just came in this morning". Sigh! At least it's nearby but I wish I'd dragged my heels a bit longer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We took delivery of ours last Friday after the recall having been completed (gasket installation) on July 25. Ours was a late May/early June build date. We bought from The Faricy Boys in Colorado Springs, who were responsive and helpful throughout the factory order and recall stuff.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, it looks like the wait is finally over!
This letter was in my mailbox this evening - I'm in the SF Bay Area in California, I have a 2018 Limited, and have not done the inspection yet. I will schedule an appointment soon.

To do this [repair], your dealer will install a gasket on the 12-volt isolator post. Your dealer will also inspect the 12-volt isolator pos connection joint and if necessary, replace the isolator post and 12 volt electrical cables.

IMG_0423.JPG

·
Registered
36 Posts
Took my 2018 PaChy to the dealership on Monday. They said if it passes the inspection they have the parts to fix the recall. If they find corrosion they do not have the parts and they are not available, yet. I did see several customer PaChy's parked in their lot so I assume they didn't pass.
Luckily mine passed and after a few hour I was able to pick it up all fixed.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just got my follow-up letter in the mail today stating that the repair can be scheduled at my local dealer, WA state. Going to call them for an appt. Thankful that this will be soon resolved.
Final recall repair complete! Thanks to the great service at my local CDJR dealer and thanks to FCA for taking the right steps in sending out the safety recall notifications to the owners and parts to the dealers. Glad to have peace of mind with this being resolved. I can park the car closer to my garage and charging station again.

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
28 Posts
Just got the call ours is ready for pickup post gasket install. On the invoice, it says to "install isolator gasket only." Thought I'd share that. Dropped the car off at 7 am so it didn't take only 2 hours nor did it take 4 hours to do the more in-depth install I've read about here. Probably standard dealer wait. Glad I didn't wait for it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Excellent news! We have been in a loaner since end of June as our van failed the inspection so need to wait a bit longer for the new cables to come into the dealer. Hopefully not much longer, although I have managed to pick up two trunk full of rocks, as well as some garden mulch so I’m quite grateful that was in someone else’s vehicle!!

401 - 420 of 454 Posts