2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

461 - 480 of 515 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Jumping in since it sounds like our van was one of the first to get a gasket. @ChryslerCares is there a new "updated" gasket I'll need to take my van in for? I think we deserve some clarity on this.
My dealer mentioned the same thing although there are but a handful of hybrid Pacificas in the small town I live in so it’s not a problem. If I were you I’d check around with other dealers. Find one in a smaller town where you may have a higher likelihood of getting the part.
I’m going to keep trying SB fewer people in that county. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
My pachy had passed the initial inspection and has now had the "final" remedy applied. Mopar.com shows:

Recall Status
REPAIRED

The W46 now shows resolved, whereas after the initial inspection it showed not completed, as expected. Now to shop around for an inexpensive extended warranty.

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
11 Posts
How come there's no updates here from @ChryslerCares ?

I would think a recall that is causing people to have their vehicles surrendered would be top priority here. I'm pretty concerned that my van PASSED an initial inspection, handed back to me as SAFE and then failed another inspection just weeks later and my vehicle is now surrendered. The response from the dealer was.... "oh well corrosion can happen in a couple of days...". It's a very concerning situation. My cables apparently need to be replaced as well and I was just told.... "maybe mid Sept". That's insane.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
587 Posts
How come there's no updates here from @ChryslerCares ?
ChryslerCares is here to act as a liaison between customers and Chrysler or their dealers. They are not service advisors, and their job does not entail tracking all recalls for all Chrysler vehicles.
Feel free to message ChryslerCares to ask for help with your individual situation.

I would think a recall that is causing people to have their vehicles surrendered would be top priority here.
As you can see from nearly 500 posts in this thread alone, everyone is taking this issue seriously. ChryslerCares has responded to many owners in this thread.

Remember that these forums are for users to voice concerns and ask questions. The forums have no affiliation with Chrysler.

Reactions: DZ1

·
Registered
31 Posts
My local dealer tells me August 28 is the earliest they can even place an order for the cables. I messaged Chrysler Cares and they tell me that the parts are available immediately - there seems to be a mismatch somewhere in this process.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My local dealer tells me August 28 is the earliest they can even place an order for the cables. I messaged Chrysler Cares and they tell me that the parts are available immediately - there seems to be a mismatch somewhere in this process.
Same here. My local dealer originally said parts would be available on the 8th. I just called them and now they're saying the 30th. I'd really like to be able to park inside again...

·
Registered
316 Posts
My 2020 got its gasket/recall repair done. My 2018 appointment was canceled the very next day saying they didn't have the part.
Something is strange about this whole gasket-gate.
Not eta on the 2018 gasket repair.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was also told by my dealer they can no longer order parts. My dealer isn't taking appointments although I was told earlier that I would be put on a list. They basically said to call back in September and maybe they would have an update.

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
11 Posts
I will probably give Chrysler another 2 weeks myself and then after that I will most likely look into some form of legal representation on a buy back. The whole situation is just insane. Some people have had vehicles surrendered for months here. I was hesitant to purchase a Chrysler product for this very reason and I've lost almost all faith now in this product. Will most likely switch to a Toyota.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I will probably give Chrysler another 2 weeks myself and then after that I will most likely look into some form of legal representation on a buy back. The whole situation is just insane. Some people have had vehicles surrendered for months here. I was hesitant to purchase a Chrysler product for this very reason and I've lost almost all faith now in this product. Will most likely switch to a Toyota.
Don’t forget that at least some of the culpability may rest with the dealer. I have a 2018 that has already been fixed with relatively few issues.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Something's fishy here. Perhaps Chrysler has discovered that their replacement parts or another aspect of the recall is not enough to solve the problem? I don't know, but you are not being told the real story for some reason.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m STILL being told to call back not in a week or two but now NEXT Month for an APPOINTMENT to get my recall completed. I may just trade mine in on a loaded hybrid Toyota or Lexus. I’m getting really tired of the run-around after at least 15 calls to the dealer (and at least one each to the other dealers in the county.) 🤨😡

Loaded Pacifica hybrid 2018 38,000 miles

·
Registered
87 Posts
Had our 2018 done while it was in for an oil change and tires. They didn‘t have the part in stock at the dealer, but Chrysler sent it overnight. No drama at all.

Ours may be the only hybrid this dealer works on - they seem to sell an unimaginable number of Wranglers though.

We enjoyed the two days in the Grand Cherokee loaner they gave us, although it got me wondering why anyone buys those things. The kids kept complaining the AC in the rear wasn’t as powerful as on the van, it was definitely tight for five people, and I spent more on gas in two days than I spent in two months in the van.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
We enjoyed the two days in the Grand Cherokee loaner they gave us, although it got me wondering why anyone buys those things. The kids kept complaining the AC in the rear wasn’t as powerful as on the van, it was definitely tight for five people, and I spent more on gas in two days than I spent in two months in the van.
The dual AC in the Pacifica helps a great deal. Honda had that in older Odysseys, but abandoned it in 2018.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Guys,

I've been waiting on parts for this recall for 2 months but I wasn't offered any replacement car. They just gave me my chrysler pacifica hybrid back and told me to keep calling in every 2 weeks to see if the parts have arrived. Should i go to my dealer asking for a replacement car?

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
587 Posts
Guys,

I've been waiting on parts for this recall for 2 months but I wasn't offered any replacement car. They just gave me my chrysler pacifica hybrid back and told me to keep calling in every 2 weeks to see if the parts have arrived. Should i go to my dealer asking for a replacement car?
If your vehicle passed the initial inspection, Chrysler is not obligated to provide a loaner. You are permitted to use your vehicle while waiting for the final fix. Those owners here who have received a loaner got it because their vehicle failed the inspection and Chrysler deemed it is unsafe to continue using it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ll add my story, as it sits right now, to the thread as another data point.

Took the car in to get inspected in late June and it failed the inspection, they said it was the 2nd car they inspected and their 2nd failure. The good news is we have a nice 2018 gas Pacifica with most of the features of our car. Called the dealer a month or so ago and they said the were waiting on Chrysler. Called again this Monday and was told they were hoping parts would arrive this week. Called today and was told the parts didn’t come in and may be in the end of October. Called the FCA Recall Assistance and they gave me a case number to be told when parts would be available. I do like how they say parts are available but on backorder. Let’s not argue over the meaning of available.

While my wife just wants the car back, I’m pragmatic and know it will happen when it happens. However, the lack of communication on all of these issues from FCA and the dealer is the real frustration for me. I suspect the dealer doesn’t know the parts will be in by the end of October, that’s just what they are being told and who knows if that won’t change again. My recall case number letting me know when parts are available is probably just a way to placate me more than anything. Me knowing when parts are available doesn’t help them get to my dealer and then on my car, but it is something.

The fact I needed to call both my dealer 3 times and the FCA recall assistance for this information is frustrating. If they wanted to manage my expectations, they would know that communication is important. I suspect people directing their anger at a single person in a complex system has taught them to communicate only when absolutely necessary as nothing good comes of them communicating to people in general.

So hopefully by telling me the end of October is our next best hope is them kicking this issue as far out as they think it might take, hoping that when it gets done sooner than that I will be happy. That’s my hope anyway.

461 - 480 of 515 Posts