2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

481 - 500 of 515 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
My dealer seemed to have no problem getting the parts. I asked when it came to light a month ago that there was a fix, they ordered them, came in 2 weeks later, Installed a week later. No delays, easy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
sorry, if this was asked already, but this thread is 25 pages long to read through. If we just recently bought the hybrid, can we assume the dealership must've already performed the Recall before selling the van?

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
587 Posts
sorry, if this was asked already, but this thread is 25 pages long to read through. If we just recently bought the hybrid, can we assume the dealership must've already performed the Recall before selling the van?
Yes. Because there was a stop selling order that came out from Chrysler when this issue came to light. So no vehicles could be sold until inspected, and with no corrosion found.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My dealer said they could not order parts (gasket, no cables needed) until August 30. The parts arrived three days later and repair completed on September 3. There were 3 hybrids in need of repair when I scheduled my service. Located in Western Washington State, near Bellingham. Recall status shows as for W46 shows as complete.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Was contacted on Tuesday that "my number was up" (finally) and the part was available for replacement. Got in there 7:30 this morning, out the door by 9:45. They promised that they cleared the codes that will have resulted from the battery disconnect this time, so hopefully I won't be making a follow-up trip for that this time around! uConnect is all screwy because of the disconnect, but I assume it will correct itself after a few cycles. Back to worry-free motoring! Shout out to Napleton's Northwestern CJDR for great service as usual, plus a new coffee machine (they heard my prayers!).

·
Registered
493 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure if anyone else had this issue. I have a 2018 pacifica hybrid and initially called the service/parts to get the part (gasket) ready for when I was suppose to take it in. A week later they called and said part was ready for the recall so I took it in. What I read and seen so far is its just a foam gasket correct? My service advisor said they couldn't perform the recall because it was missing the waterproof cover. It did pass the inspection. They have the gasket but not the cover so is the solution for the recall 2 parts now? I'm still waiting for the second part to come in apparently and it's been over 2 weeks now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had been waiting to take my car in until they had the parts. I had a called my local delaer a couple ties and no one knew if they had them or could confirm that they could order them before i brought my car in. One person said to just the bring the van in and they could fix it.
Of course they didn't have the parts when i brought my van in, but I passed the inspections and they said they now had the parts on order reserved for me, and I should be able to to get it back in to repair in a week or two.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yep LOL
The dealership told me today again that the inspection was the whole recall. After the unpleasant phone call today with two untrue statements from the service counter they said they have to contact FCA to find out if they can do the fix on a car that passed inspection. I’ve been calling The dealer at least weekly to make an appointment. I’m really getting frustrated and I LOVED this car for the 18 months before this issue was published. I posted about what dealer and FCA told me today in a new thread on here after FCA told me that I’d get a letter from them when parts were available for MY car.
The pac hybrid may be more popular here in so cal with the state rebates on top of the federal. But I would think that I would be given at least an appointment after over two months.

·
Registered
137 Posts
My understanding - The "Final" W46 recall fix has four possible outcomes:
1. If you Passed the inspection prior to the "Final Fix" version of the W46 recall, you must take your vehicle back in to have the Gasket/Seal installed under the post to prevent water intrusion.
2. If you Failed the inspection prior to the "Final Fix" version of the W46 recall, your vehicle was kept by the dealer and when the final fix came in, dealers could order the parts to fix it. These parts included the Gasket, a new +12V battery cable that goes from the battery + terminal to the post behind the driver seat, a new cable that goes from that post to the under hood connection and perhaps another cable or misc parts.
3. If you Passed the inspection after the "Final Fix" version of the W46 recall, and the gasket is in the dealer's inventory, (you are lucky like me) a couple hour wait while they install the gasket and put everything back together and you're done.
4. If you Failed the inspection after the "Final Fix" version of the W46 recall, your vehicle will most likely be kept by the dealer until the parts to fix it outlined in #2 above are received by the dealer. The problem with this is two fold.
First the parts may be scarce, and second, I believe the dealers are required to send the cables and post to FCA for further their understanding of the problem by analysis of the damage or maybe to just make sure the dealers are not padding their charges to FCA.
So the question for you is, are you in case 1 or case 3?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m most likely case 1. Passed inspection early in second week of July. Got email that final fix was available BUT still park outside etc and letter from FCA saying fix was available. Have been calling dealer since the day after we got that letter to make recall repair appointment. Been put off each time. Even had car in for regular service 1 week after inspection. Called about weekly since then. But today service scheduler told me two lies (that inspection was whole recall, that there was no fix for cars that failed) before admitting that there was a fix and that parts were scarce. This was not a new rep either. That’s the biggest reason I’m so mad now. They lied To me, again. I could understand that if it was the day after I got the “there is a fix” letter, maybe they didn’t yet know, but not two months later.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes should be ok if VIN doesn’t appear. If you’re worried call FCA directly and ask them to check. It’s a very nice car, nice features, comfortable even for long drives.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Thanks a lot this really helps, I am about to take delivery of a PacHY on Thursday, and when I entered the VIN at this site, it says "0 unrepaired recalls associated with this VIN", so I think I should be ok?
You are good to go. Your recalls have been completed, or were addressed on production and do not apply to your VIN. It is illegal for US dealerships to sell a vehicle with an active recall without it being completed.

Reactions: panoguy

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited 35th Anniversary, White w/Black and Cranberry
10 Posts
Something's fishy here. Perhaps Chrysler has discovered that their replacement parts or another aspect of the recall is not enough to solve the problem? I don't know, but you are not being told the real story for some reason.
Is it possible that, over time, Chrysler's been addressing the issue, as in - they've upgraded the metal in the isolator posts, at a certain point in time - and then, they'd redesigned or adjusted the metals in the cable connectors, at another point in time, and now, finally - just to make sure its ok - they've created the gasket solution? As in - it might well be that at different points in the production runs over the past few years, they might have address certain aspects of this matter, hoping it was the full fix, but now - having no choice but to deal with it: due to the full and public recall - are trying to get all the needed parts - to all of us at the same time - and some vans need more/different parts than others... is that possible? I'm finally going in to get the W46 'final' fix in the morning - I'll give an update after the fix.

481 - 500 of 515 Posts