2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

501 - 515 of 515 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
11 Posts
I've had my 2018 surrendered for nearly two months. Two months. No ETA on parts (cables) even being available yet...

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited 35th Anniversary, White w/Black and Cranberry
10 Posts
Is it possible that, over time, Chrysler's been addressing the issue, as in - they've upgraded the metal in the isolator posts, at a certain point in time - and then, they'd redesigned or adjusted the metals in the cable connectors, at another point in time, and now, finally - just to make sure its ok - they've created the gasket solution? As in - it might well be that at different points in the production runs over the past few years, they might have address certain aspects of this matter, hoping it was the full fix, but now - having no choice but to deal with it: due to the full and public recall - are trying to get all the needed parts - to all of us at the same time - and some vans need more/different parts than others... is that possible? I'm finally going in to get the W46 'final' fix in the morning - I'll give an update after the fix.
W46 Final Repair on Thursday - the explanation was that all they needed to do was to upgrade/repair the gaskets on the inside and out... there was no need to replace the posts or any of the cables due to the relatively new manufacturing date... which goes back to my theory, that over time, Chrysler's been making running production changes to try to fix the problem that they did accept and know about. Hoping for the best, looking forward to having van back in garage again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got off the phone with service department and looking at 9+ weeks for the parts. Dealers saying Chrysler is limiting the number of parts that a dealer can order to fix these vehicles. We are at the back of the waiting list. If Chrysler really had a fix they would have the parts available to all dealers and not a limited run. As I see I am not alone in the waiting game. We waited so that parts would be available only to be told the same story as everyone else who doesn’t want their vehicle to short out. Great looking vehicle (for a mini-van), lots of features, reliable if you ignore the electrical issues like the dash going blank at times, (having to pull a fuse to reset), having the wheel bearings need to be replaced at 38k miles (not covered under warranty even though under 2 year mark...just over the 36k mile warranty), strange clicking noises under the dash before hitting the ignition on to start vehicle, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
My dealer just said new date for "cables" in the system is Nov 29th. Yes, you read that right...

·
Registered
316 Posts
I've had both 2018 and 2020 fixed now. No issues with either van. Safe and great! Gas going up tonight!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Update - I'm not sure who else here has had a failed vehicle but my 2018 fell into this category with numerous parts and cables needing to be replaced. I have had a surrendered van for 2+ months.

• Today I called the FCA Canadian Customer Care lines as recommended by @ChryslerCares here at 1-800-361-3700
  • I created a file and then FCA called my dealer directly to get a understanding of the situation and if I was first in line for parts
  • I was put on hold by FCA while they called my dealer... then when they came back I was told by FCA that the dealership "now has the parts and your vehicle should be fixed within a week"
  • I also just called my dealership myself to confirm this was the case and again, I was told the parts have arrived and the vehicle will be fixed within a week.
  • Note - I was just at the dealership last week and was told "still waiting on parts"
  • Is it a coincidence that the parts arrived on the exact same day as FCA calling them?
  • The dealership says replacing these cable lines is an extensive process and that I'm the first to have it done. They are assigning their top service tech to do the job and want to take the time to ensure it's done right, hence the "within a week time frame to be safe".
I'm obviously happy to hear some positive news but the whole situation is rather concerning. Are dealerships holding parts for their own un-sold inventory and leaving customer cars waiting in line? I think everyone can draw their own conclusion from all of this...

Will update once I actually have my vehicle back in possession.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid
117 Posts
When the first part of the recall came out, I called the dealer. First answer was they did not have the parts. I explained it was only an inspection. After being on hold for what seemed like eternity, he got back, and said I was right. When I read on here that the fix was out, I called the same guy. His first answer was the parts are not in. When I asked when the part shows for delivery, he put me on hold for what seemed like a week, and said the part just came in with that days shipment, but was not checked in yet. So when I asked about an appointment, he said they were booked out for two weeks. Since I was not sure when I would get back from my trip, I did not make an appointment. I still have not bothered.

With retail, it is tell the costumer what you think he will accept. "Oh yea, it says right here that we have 4 due in, It has been over a week, so should be here any day." "This one will work for you better, also easier to install." "We have never had any problems with this one." 90% of the time it is complete BS. Whats the chance the sales person actually has any experience with the items in question?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Called my dealer on 10/06/2020 to inquire about getting the recall kits. They were able to order two gasket kits and one cable, isolator, gasket kit combo. They had them the next day. They said they are allowed to order two gasket kits and one cable kit each week. Took mine at 7 AM Thursday. They had it done by noon. I did not need the cables replaced, but they ordered and had them ready just in case. They apologized for it taking so long to complete and explained mine was the first one they had completed the W46 recall on. They did the recall very meticulously and had all three of the certified hybrid mechanics each check the complete powering down procedures, recall work for any mistakes, and powering up procedures. The number one goal they said was to make sure none of their hybrid mechanics would die or get injured from electrocution working on it.

It did take several hours for the UConnect system to resync with all the modules and the UI to return to normal. All my customized settings eventually returned. Other than that, no problems and everything works as it did before.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited in Granite Metallic with S-Appearance Package, Tri-pane Sunroof and AST
9 Posts
My dealer kept stating that parts weren’t available yet. I just gave up and traded my 2019 in for a new 2020 Pacifica that was manufactured in Aug 2020. It also has the updated Adaptive Cruise Control shroud similar to the 2021s. So looks like there were some changes made to the assembly process. Surprisingly, with all the rebates Chrysler has for October, I actually ended up making about $1000 in doing the trade. Apparently per the press release, the issue only affects minivans built between 2016 and June 4 2020.

·
Registered
2020 Granite Limited Hybrid with AST
81 Posts
My dealer kept stating that parts weren’t available yet. I just gave up and traded my 2019 in for a new 2020 Pacifica that was manufactured in Aug 2020. It also has the updated Adaptive Cruise Control shroud similar to the 2021s. So looks like there were some changes made to the assembly process. Surprisingly, with all the rebates Chrysler has for October, I actually ended up making about $1000 in doing the trade. Apparently per the press release, the issue only affects minivans built between 2016 and June 4 2020.
Well that worked out nicely in your favor. Hard to beat almost $10K in rebates, do you get another $7,500 tax credit as well?
I noticed the new AST shroud on mine that was manufactured in Sept 2020.
Maybe they have had issues with bugs or dirt messing with the sensor in earlier models or its just part of the 2021 process?

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited in Granite Metallic with S-Appearance Package, Tri-pane Sunroof and AST
9 Posts
Well that worked out nicely in your favor. Hard to beat almost $10K in rebates, do you get another $7,500 tax credit as well?
I noticed the new AST shroud on mine that was manufactured in Sept 2020.
Maybe they have had issues with bugs or dirt messing with the sensor in earlier models or its just part of the 2021 process?
The $1000 ahead is including the $7500 rebate. The value of these vans fall off the cliff pretty bad considering all the rebates that Chrysler is throwing out there. The way I looked at it was, would I be able to come off with a 2020 model without paying anything more than what I already had for my 2019 post the tax rebate. The number to beat for me was $41k. Formula I used was (2019 OTD incl taxes + Interest paid on autoloan so far + 2020 Registration Tag renewal - 2019 Fed Tax rebate + 2020 MSRP - Dealer Discount + Tax on 2020 - Chrysler Rebates - Trade In - Tax Advantage on Trade-In Value - 2020 Fed Tax rebate). This showed me that I’d actually gain $1000 over my original deal on the 2019 by upgrading to the 2020. Other option was to wait for the W46 fix and keep the 2019 and not go through all this hassle of negotiating with dealers. But I just decided that I had enough with my dealer on the parts issue AND I didn’t want to live in constant fear of a spontaneous combustion, especially as my wife drives the van almost exclusively with our 3 kids.

In hindsight, I wish we had just not bought the 2019. If we were to get the 2020 without having to worry about the trade, I’m talking about a sub $30k fully loaded plug-in hybrid after all the rebates and the Federal Tax Credit. Oh well...

Btw, I think the new AST Shroud is just Chrysler starting to phase out older parts and using 2021 parts in the manufacture of the remaining 2020s. No point in still making the older AST shrouds when they can use the 2021s. That doesn’t mean there aren’t any advantages to the new design though.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Our 2018 passed inspection Tuesday. Procedure took less than 2 hours to complete.
The inspection prior to the recall was complete? Or The recall was completed?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Update: I have finally received my vehicle back. I was withheld from my vehicle for 9 weeks. The notes on the work order read as follows:
  • Inspected the 12 volt isolator connection
  • Replaced the 12 volt cables and isolator
  • Installed isolator gasket
So far everything seems ok

501 - 515 of 515 Posts