2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, so I never ended up buying a hybrid pinnacle since I couldn’t find any. The only ones that were available were white and cream which I wasn’t interested in but the MSRP on the hybrid pinnacles was always $52340. The new ones coming out of the factory are MSRP at 55045 (that’s with no additional packages). Did Chrysler really hike the price to 55k? I’m really just starting to get dissuaded from this purchase and starting to think if I wouldn’t be better off buying a new traverse or similar.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I have predicted this. I am waiting to see the 2022 prices rolling off the lines.

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
605 Posts
One can only wonder what a new Traverse or similar is going to cost...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
As a whole msrp has increased for 22 model year and options as well across the auto sector .
22s aren’t out yet, it makes no sense to do a price increase for the same year. You can’t justify not giving the chips to Windsor (Pacifica isn’t selling as well as we’d hoped) and then increase the price by 3k coupled with essentially no manufacturer incentives.
To put that in comparison, the odyssey elite would then be roughly 7k cheaper and has better resale value. I personally think this was idiotic.

Just feeling a bit frustrated since I was looking forward to this vehicle with the 30 miles all electric (was willing to overlook FCA reliability, dealer quality, and just general beta testing for the whole van). I mean at this point, I could get an awd traverse (most cargo space 3 row suv that isn’t truck based) for nearly 10K less if not cheaper and drive it for about 60k at current gas prices before reaching price equivalency. For my driving patterns that’s nearly 6-8 years down the road at which point I could sell it and pick a complete electric something. Just thinking out loud and starting to wonder if waiting for this van makes any sense.

·
Registered
63 Posts
$52,340 was the initial '21 Pinnacle hybrid MSRP. A mid-year increase raised it to $52,720, a number that was then less than a loaded (and similarly equipped) Limited at the time. So, if true, a $55,045 takes it back to costing more than a loaded Limited.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Interesting because there a lot of things in auto sector that don’t make sense . I would have thought Ford would have dropped the Diesel engine in f150 lineup , corvettes would have shut down for as long as they did , Chevy stop building stop and start and wires less charging in all their big suv and trucks , Pacifica would have been down for 17 weeks . So a rise in prices , I’m not saying how much , in terms or msrp, options , etc wouldn’t surprise me in the least . When was last time you went to grocery store , bought gas , bought something and prices didn’t climb . I just find it funny on here how people get pissed because prices increase but 99.9% of other consumer goods around them have also increased with inflation . Manufacturers , in any business really , posses that “if they don’t buy it somebody else will ideology”. My dealer offers to buy my pinnacle for more than I bought it for when I ordered my grand Cherokee L summit reserve . Welcome to the new world of buying ../

·
Registered
1 Posts
The price on the Chrysler web page is $53,045 including destination. Where did you get this information?

Edit: I just checked the local inventory on Chrysler's page and the new window stickers do indeed show $55,045.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Pinnacle Hybrid
80 Posts
Pinnacles were a good deal because they had all of the options of a limited, "better" console, no chrome, unique wheels, better seats (in my opinion) AND was cheaper than a fully loaded limited. This was due to the removal of the "free" sunroof in late 2020, so the price of the limited went up $3k.
Limited: 54929, with safety sphere, sunroof, uconnect, (no S package)
Pinnacle: 52340, all options

We haven't seen any official 2022 pricing or build information, so if you are getting this from your dealer we should see confirmation soon enough. With the chip shortage and materials cost increasing, a $55k MSRP is not out of the question. Seems like all of us 2021 buyers with $10k off msrp ($7500 chrysler + 1% below invoice=$2500) + $7500 federal tax credit really scored a good deal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can actually see the increase on the window stickers of some of the Pinnacles from the Chrysler inventory site. Limiteds also got a 2k bump on the base I believe. It has been inconsistent though since there are other cars that kept the lower base and are also in transit.

Higher price from a Bay Area dealer:

Lower price from same dealer:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I believe the increase was for the panoramic roof. Before it was a stand alone option.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You can actually see the increase on the window stickers of some of the Pinnacles from the Chrysler inventory site. Limiteds also got a 2k bump on the base I believe. It has been inconsistent though since there are other cars that kept the lower base and are also in transit.

Higher price from a Bay Area dealer:

Lower price from same dealer:
What's even more amazing is that those 2 vehicles have consecutive VINs!

And both VINs are lower than mine which, as stated above, had an MSRP of $52,720. This is just plain nuts.

Reactions: PMinivan

·
Registered
80 Posts
So glad I bought my Hybrid Limited when I did. Mine had the sunoof and 18-in wheels standard and the Theater, and Safety packages and still stickered at just $51,000. With the rebates they were offering in March I paid $45,000. The same van today would cost $8000 to $10,000 more and I still wouldn't get the 18-in wheels. The market today is so insane and so is Chrysler to be honest.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What's even more amazing is that those 2 vehicles have consecutive VINs!

And both VINs are lower than mine which, as stated above, had an MSRP of $52,720. This is just plain nuts.
even crazier is the fact that Chrysler still has the 52k price on their build website. A dealer contacted me today and said if I come in today, they’ll honor the website price. It’s like a free for all.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
You have to read the disclaimers that pricing , options , availability can change at any time . So nothing new that prices , models and options can be changed , edited , removed or increased at any particular time . The only way to get around this would be to go by the window sticker of the vehicle if it benefits you from a monetary view point or you have a deal already pending per purchase agreement .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update, since the website says 52k including destination. I was able to do a build of a new pinnacle hybrid for 52k at a dealer and I’m in the system. As per them, it’ll be a ‘22 that I get and if the price goes up for 22s, they’ll have to bite the bullet since the agreed price is 52k minus any incentives.

this is the first time I’m buying a vehicle at msrp and thinking it is what it is, guess I’ll be underwater for the next 2 years (whenever the car comes that is). I guess the silver lining is that the deposit is refundable (compared to the other dealers who wanted non-refundable)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Update, since the website says 52k including destination. I was able to do a build of a new pinnacle hybrid for 52k at a dealer and I’m in the system. As per them, it’ll be a ‘22 that I get and if the price goes up for 22s, they’ll have to bite the bullet since the agreed price is 52k minus any incentives.

this is the first time I’m buying a vehicle at msrp and thinking it is what it is, guess I’ll be underwater for the next 2 years (whenever the car comes that is). I guess the silver lining is that the deposit is refundable (compared to the other dealers who wanted non-refundable)
GAP is cheap and will keep your head above the water should you need it.

·
Registered
2021 Pinnacle Hybrid
35 Posts

That’s good news that you at least have something locked in and in the system.
Congrats!
Best of luck…I hope it arrives in a fair and timely manner.
Please keep us updated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, so I never ended up buying a hybrid pinnacle since I couldn’t find any. The only ones that were available were white and cream which I wasn’t interested in but the MSRP on the hybrid pinnacles was always $52340. The new ones coming out of the factory are MSRP at 55045 (that’s with no additional packages). Did Chrysler really hike the price to 55k? I’m really just starting to get dissuaded from this purchase and starting to think if I wouldn’t be better off buying a new traverse or similar.
The price of cars is going up because there is a chip shortage due to supply backlog. So new cars are scarce. Trade in values are through the roof. They have new car salesman sell used cars, on some lots. This should begin to level off in the fall, but will prices drop? Some companies are offering financing deals to offset.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Some time in January (maybe starting Jan 1) Chrysler changed the limited Pacifica Hybrid pricing. No more standard sunroof, and wheels changed from 18-inch to 17-inch. And the Premium and Safety Sphere Group went up by hundreds of dollars. I bought a December built/stickered Hybrid in May and got one of the last vans with the old pricing. A 2021 build with the same equipment was more than $3K higher (not to mention we got about $7K in dealer/factory incentives, + the $7500 tax credit). In early May the Pinnacle was very close to the same price as a Limited with sunroof and safety package, so it makes sense that Chrysler ended up raising the Pinnacle price by the same amount as well. The limited suited us better because we didn't want the entertainment system and we wanted the light gray interior, both of which are not options on the Pinnacle. With the vehicle shortage, factory incentives are going to be very low for quite a while.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts