2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

141 - 160 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi All,

I have seen this question asked a few times over the 14 pages of this thread but never saw an answer, what does the UCONNECT update actually do?
Yes can someone post what the update does and/or what they've noticed changed after the update? I can't really find anything via Google Search that pertains to our Pacifica.

Is the Miracast update only for those that have the Uconnect Theater Dual Screens? I'd love to have it on mine for the front screen. However, I am only showing the UCONNECT_8.4AN_RA4_17.11.07_MY17 update.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi All,

I have seen this question asked a few times over the 14 pages of this thread but never saw an answer, what does the UCONNECT update actually do? I get what the update for the Miracast does, it's the head update I'm curious about. THANKS
I just got done chatting with Chrysler Customer Care. Here is what they sent me:

UCONNECT_8.4AN_RA4_17.11.07_MY17

The following improvements are included in this update:
• **Fix for sport mode not working in the performance menu page (2015 LA equipped with 6.4L
and 5.7L Sales Codes ESH and EZC Only).**
• Adds Apple SiriT Eyes Free capability for iPhoneT owners.
• Auto Play can now be configured.
• Adds do not disturb text message feature.
• The ability to drag and drop icons into the menu bar.
• Fix for radio locks up/frozen.
• Fix for stuck on black/blank screen.
• Human Machine Interface (HMI) improvements.
• Several navigation improvements.
• Fix for radio loss of time display.
• Media devices, phone pairing and Bluetooth usage improvements.
• Improved tuner performance.
• Enhanced Voice recognition (VR) performance.
• Enhancements in Connectivity Apps (Yelp, Pandora, Aha, etc).

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Finally installed the "missing" update yesterday after some confusion.

First mistake made: expected the installation confirmation message to appear in the front console, whereas the message kept appearing on the rear screens. Figured out when my son came out to help on second try (in between I reformatted the thumb drive, removed its name and all the mess after spending quite some time on a disappointing first try).

Second mistake: Since we were about to leave for a drive, skipped installation when we finally figured out how it works. On coming back, plugged the drive back to the USB port (near the DVD) rushed to second row (car seat behind driver, so all the way around).... Nada, nothing...

Third mistake: Oops, had the DVD inside, ejected it out, plugged the USB in.. Nothing.. "Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality." - Bruce Lee... Determined to make it work, switched off the vehicle and uconnect (opened the front door) sitting in the second row (is not as difficult as it sounds) and restarted. After a couple of tries the message popped up on the screen. Pressed the accept button. Smooth and simple from there and it took around 30 mins for the entire installation to complete.

P.S. the instruction manual provided in the site is an old one, the step to verify the version installed says you don't need to proceed if installed version is 164610. This is incorrect we are installing 17something version.

The streaming option is now available under the input selections but did not get a chance to try it out since it was getting late. Hope this post helps.
Thank you. Giving it a go now and couldn't get 17.32.14_RU_MY17 to install. Other worked flawless.

UPDATE: worked as advertised! All I had to do, while in the back, is reinsert the thumb drive. Instantly the update came up.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are there still two updates available? When I typed in my Vin the only update that came up was UCONNECT_8.4AN_RA4_17.43.01_MY17_NAFTA

I would love Miracast on this car.

*Edit: no Miracast with the single update :( *

·
Registered
332 Posts
Are there still two updates available? When I typed in my Vin the only update that came up was UCONNECT_8.4AN_RA4_17.43.01_MY17_NAFTA

I would love Miracast on this car.

*Edit: no Miracast with the single update :( *
Miracast is for the back seat theater system. If you have that option installed then it should either already support Miracast or there should be an update for you in the system. If some how neither is true someone on the forum can get you the update file.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Miracast is for the back seat theater system. If you have that option installed then it should either already support Miracast or there should be an update for you in the system. If some how neither is true someone on the forum can get you the update file.
I installed the one update I found and I can't find the Miracast stream option anywhere. Also, it was a little weird after the install on the main unit as it had a Yelp icon and an icon for an app store and then both just disappeared. Not really sure what is going on, I might even try to reinstall the update again just to make sure. I'm using Tapatalk so I can't really see if there is an area with the updates readily downloadable, are there any people on the forum in particular known to have the update for download?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

S

·
0 Posts
Does anyone have the file for the Miracast update

im showing 2 updates under my vin

Update 1:
UCONNECT_8.4AN_RA4_17.43.01_MY17_NAFTA
SERVICE BULLETIN ID: 08-025-18-REV.A
RELEASE DATE: 2018-03-26

Update 2:
UCONNECT_8.4AN_RA4_17.43.01_MY17_RU
SERVICE BULLETIN ID: 08-025-18-REV. A
RELEASE DATE: 2018-04-24

but neither of them gave me the streaming option both were recognized by the top USB not the one by the Blue Ray

·
Registered
4 Posts
I feel cheated.
We purchased a 2017 Pacifica Limited from VMI, so it is a handicap accessible van with NO rear seat screen options, because it doesn't HAVE middle row rear seats at all.
It doesn't even have a passenger seat because the wife's power chair IS the passenger seat.

All we wanted to do was use Android Auto on the front Uconnect screen because we prefer Google Maps. Sorry, we just do...we prefer the Android system and just want to use the bigger screen.
But it looks like an eighty thousand dollar van can't do that.
It's a great vehicle in every way possible but that one measly extra that FCA could have done for Year One is apparently not possible.
I've been informed that we can't even swap a 2018 Uconnect module in there, so it's not possible at any price.

So we will be installing a third party extra screen with the usual mobile mounts and what not because our eighty thousand dollar luxury van can't accept a simple software program, something the next year model apparently can.

Maybe there's a way to just hack into the HDMI port on the screen itself and do away with the Uconnect entirely. Unhappy. :frown2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Model year mismatch

I am from Canada.
I used my VIN to check for updates, 2 showed up but when I try to install them I get the model year error. Has anyone figured out what is causing this yet?

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
I am from Canada.
I used my VIN to check for updates, 2 showed up but when I try to install them I get the model year error. Has anyone figured out what is causing this yet?

Is your Pacifica a 2017 or 2018? I assume the new version you downloaded is 17.43.01?

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts

Update 1:
RELEASE DATE: 2018-03-26

Update 2:

These are still the two updates that show up on the Uconnect site, but the second one is really weird. It looks like it contains the update files for the main Uconnect system, but also contains log files, an MD5 utility, and a couple of custom batch files to check to see if the iso files are good, complete with a skull & crossbones ascii display if not. This doesn't seem like the kind of thing Chrysler would have available for the general public to download, but it's been up there for months.

·
Registered
16 Posts
These are still the two updates that show up on the Uconnect site, but the second one is really weird. It looks like it contains the update files for the main Uconnect system, but also contains log files, an MD5 utility, and a couple of custom batch files to check to see if the iso files are good, complete with a skull & crossbones ascii display if not. This doesn't seem like the kind of thing Chrysler would have available for the general public to download, but it's been up there for months.
These are the two updates that show for my van. Do I need to know the radio code to do the update?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got around to applying the first update last night and everything seemed fine. When I tried to do the RU update with all of those random files, I got a message that I was already updated. Does RU mean rear unit? If so, I don't have one.

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
I got around to applying the first update last night and everything seemed fine. When I tried to do the RU update with all of those random files, I got a message that I was already updated. Does RU mean rear unit? If so, I don't have one.

No, RU is just the internal code for Pacifica. The second download is just the same version as the first except with a bunch of extra testing and check files included with it. It seems like Chrysler posted that one by mistake. The update for Uconnect Theater was posted for a while, but was pulled for some unknown reason and never came back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have the file for the Miracast update

Update 1:
RELEASE DATE: 2018-03-

Update 2:

but neither of them gave me the streaming option both were recognized by the top USB not the one by the Blue Ray
Did you ever get the MiraCast file? I need it as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I brought my Pacifica in for service this week and they told me there was a new update - I hadn't seen it online and I personally installed the two from the Spring (2018), so I don't know what it was they were talking about.

BUT, I couldn't be happier with the update. I was having recurring playback issues (choppy) on the USB and they told me the update was for playback issues. Our USB movies play perfectly now! And you can turn the car off, leave it overnight, and come back the next day and it will pick up where you left off. That's also new (for our car at least).

There's also a new streaming feature (at least I hadn't seen it before).

·
Super Moderator
697 Posts
Any way to get uconnect file for 2018 Uconnect???

So I was able to switch out my 17 uconnect for an 18 uconnect and everything is working for the most part...My radio stations keep on resetting every few days. I looked at the updates for the 2018's and it looks like one of the updates dealt with this issue. Unfortunately, when I put the 2018 vin number in on the uconnect site it says there are no updates for my vehicle. The thing I don't have is the ability to get over the air updates because the 3g plug from my 2017 doesn't fit the port from the 2018 module. The software version on my unit is 18.17.1e which is 2 updates behind. My question is there any way to get the image files without having to go to the dealer? I tried calling Uconnect and they only had access to the same uconnect update site as we do. They said I have to wait for the system to update over the air...which in my case will be never.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My question is there any way to get the image files without having to go to the dealer?
Not absolutely sure, but I think you'd be able to get the files, at least, by entering a 2018 VIN...doesn't have to be your VIN, as I found out when I tried getting stuff with a VIN that didn't actually belong to my car.

That said, I don't know whether the software would actually update as it might sense the conflict between software for a 2018 vehicle being installed in a 2017.

All you need to test it is an appropriate 2018 VIN - I'd give you mine, but I've got a 2017.

Dave

141 - 160 of 178 Posts