2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I have two pairs of Morimoto LED projectors and a used headlight from ebay in the mail that I'm going to pry apart and do a retrofit with. Why go plug and play when you can make it difficult?!? :cool: I'll post comparisons with the stock halogen projectors when I get them. The stock projectors are low-beam only, right?
Yes they are low beam only. A retrofit project has crossed my mind. What I envisioned was going to be called "Project 4 eyes" in which I used dual hi/lo beam projectors in each housing. Borderline legality issues, but hey the new F-250s are running dual bulbs on each side.

What about the GTR LED why you did not keep hem if they wre working well
They are working great and that whats in the van now, both low and high beam.

May I ask, what have you got installed now? Are you pleased with them?
GTR lighting Ultra 2's.

Oh, and have you had to use anti flicker / canbus modules please?
No modules for highs or lows. This actually allows the driver to fit entirely inside the housing and the dust cap to cover it all up like OEM.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I finally got my ebay headlight... but quickly discovered that they put the wrong part number in the description so it's not a LED DRL one, so that goes back. I did however manage to shoot some pictures to compare the halogens to the Morimoto projectors I'll be putting in. All pictures were taken with identical exposure settings from the same distance, maybe 12ft:

Stock low beams:
_MG_8695.jpg

Stock high beams:
_MG_8696.jpg

Morimoto M-led 2.0 bi-led low beam:
_MG_8697.jpg

M-led 2.0 bi-led high beam:
_MG_8698.jpg

Morimoto Mini HB dedicated high beam projector:
_MG_8699.jpg

All in all it looks like it's going to be a pretty substantial upgrade, both in intensity and width. Now I just have to figure out how to get the headlight assembly open, since I also realized it's too big to fit in our oven... ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have two pairs of Morimoto LED projectors and a used headlight from ebay in the mail that I'm going to pry apart and do a retrofit with. Why go plug and play when you can make it difficult?!? :cool: I'll post comparisons with the stock halogen projectors when I get them. The stock projectors are low-beam only, right?
I think in USA you don't have the same daylight then us on your car. I was reading GTR spec and saw something i don't understand. I don't know if it apply to us: "DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS: 4-9v Non-PWM only ". Someone know what it is?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I think in USA you don't have the same daylight then us on your car. I was reading GTR spec and saw something i don't understand. I don't know if it apply to us: "DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS: 4-9v Non-PWM only ". Someone know what it is?
For running headlights at reduced intensity for DRL use, you need to reduce the current to them. You can essentially do that in one of two ways: use a resistor to drop the voltage from 12V down to some lower setting, or pulse them on/off very quickly so that they appear to have reduced voltage. I guess they are saying that they won't work with the latter method.

I don't know what the Pacificas that use high beams for DRL uses, but my guess would be that they use PWM because it's more efficient.

Is that the spec of a LED bulb? That's surprising to me, I thought pretty much everyone used PWM to regulate intensity of LEDs.

·
Registered
59 Posts
For running headlights at reduced intensity for DRL use, you need to reduce the current to them. You can essentially do that in one of two ways: use a resistor to drop the voltage from 12V down to some lower setting, or pulse them on/off very quickly so that they appear to have reduced voltage. I guess they are saying that they won't work with the latter method.

I don't know what the Pacificas that use high beams for DRL uses, but my guess would be that they use PWM because it's more efficient.

Is that the spec of a LED bulb? That's surprising to me, I thought pretty much everyone used PWM to regulate intensity of LEDs.
Yes it was in the GTR 2 spec

·
Registered
305 Posts
Well, this is frustrating. I'm just returning my second headlight from ebay because all the mounting tabs broke off in shipping. It seems the very large and heavy headlight assembly with the long, protruding tabs is very susceptible to shipping damage. On the next one I order I will specifically point out that they need to pack it well, anyone else playing with retrofitting who gets lights from ebay might want to do this, too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes they are low beam only. A retrofit project has crossed my mind. What I envisioned was going to be called "Project 4 eyes" in which I used dual hi/lo beam projectors in each housing. Borderline legality issues, but hey the new F-250s are running dual bulbs on each side.

They are working great and that whats in the van now, both low and high beam.

GTR lighting Ultra 2's.

No modules for highs or lows. This actually allows the driver to fit entirely inside the housing and the dust cap to cover it all up like OEM.

Wich one do you have for your fog light? I'm planning the GTR Lighting CSP Mini LED H11 Bulbs is this a good solution?
For headlight, the manual say 9005HL+ and 9005LL but i dnon'T see any option when we add to cart to choose hightbeam vs lowbeam for the
9005/HB3: GTR Lighting Ultra 2.
Some one know wich i need to buy?

Also anybody found Led front turn signal plug and play (without external resistor), PWY24WNA seems to be a rare model, or mabe there is an other number for it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Wich one do you have for your fog light? I'm planning the GTR Lighting CSP Mini LED H11 Bulbs is this a good solution?
For headlight, the manual say 9005HL+ and 9005LL but i dnon'T see any option when we add to cart to choose hightbeam vs lowbeam for the
9005/HB3: GTR Lighting Ultra 2.
Some one know wich i need to buy?

Also anybody found Led front turn signal plug and play (without external resistor), PWY24WNA seems to be a rare model, or mabe there is an other number for it.
The 9005/HB3 is correct for both high beams and low beams. H11 for fogs.

So my Diode Dynamics HIDs kept blowing bulbs, so those were removed for GTR Ultra 2's.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The 9005/HB3 is correct for both high beams and low beams. H11 for fogs.

So my Diode Dynamics HIDs kept blowing bulbs, so those were removed for GTR Ultra 2's.
Did you need to install harness/relay/resistor or it work 100% well plug and play.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Did you need to install harness/relay/resistor or it work 100% well plug and play.
The GTR lighting bulbs are all plugged directly into the factory plugs.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts