2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys, I am a newbie here just want to share my Chrysler Pacifica TL 2017 I bought this car 4 months ago and I just notice that my coolant is a tiny leak but not very bad my dealer gave me a bullshit deal don't have warranties ): any recommendation guys how to fix this I bought a new clamp doesn't work I went to the auto mechanic they said it is not that bad you can keep it like this I worried of this maybe in the future become worse

forgive me, guys, my English is bad

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts

·
Super Moderator
564 Posts
Hi, guys, I am a newbie here just want to share my Chrysler Pacifica TL 2017 I bought this car 4 months ago and I just notice that my coolant is a tiny leak but not very bad my dealer gave me a bullshit deal don't have warranties ): any recommendation guys how to fix this I bought a new clamp doesn't work I went to the auto mechanic they said it is not that bad you can keep it like this I worried of this maybe in the future become worse

forgive me, guys, my English is bad
I'd put money on it not being the hose or clamp. I had the same exact problem and it was a hairline crack in the same exact spot and under would leak when it was pressurized. Get a new coolant reservoir and replace it yourself it's easy. That clamp that's on there now in the second picture I doubt will hold very long because of the coolant system pressure when it's hot.
one of the reasons the system is pressurized is because it higher pressure keeps the fluid from boiling. For example if you put a glass of water in a vacuum it will boil at room temperature, you tube it and you'll see. After you replace the reservoir use a strong clamp to keep it from blowing off and blowing hot coolant all over your engine which by the way is also corrosive.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm not sure if they make a high pressure band hose clamp like these in the size you need:

If they do, this style will out perform the tradition worm gear style hose clamp as they will apply more pressure evenly around the hose.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd put money on it not being the hose or clamp. I had the same exact problem and it was a hairline crack in the same exact spot and under would leak when it was pressurized. Get a new coolant reservoir and replace it yourself it's easy. That clamp that's on there now in the second picture I doubt will hold very long because of the coolant system pressure when it's hot.
one of the reasons the system is pressurized is because it higher pressure keeps the fluid from boiling. For example if you put a glass of water in a vacuum it will boil at room temperature, you tube it and you'll see. After you replace the reservoir use a strong clamp to keep it from blowing off and blowing hot coolant all over your engine which by the way is also corrosive.
Thank you I’ll replace it

·
Super Moderator
564 Posts
Removal & Installation
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
REMOVAL

1. Drain the cooling system (Refer to Cooling - Standard Procedure).

2. Disconnect the coolant vent hose (1) from the pressurized coolant bottle.
  3. Disconnect the EGR coolant vent hose (2) from the pressurized coolant bottle.
  4. Disconnect the coolant hose (3) from the pressurized coolant bottle.

5. Remove the bolts (1) and the pressurized coolant bottle.
INSTALLATION

1. Install the pressurized coolant bottle. Tighten the bolts (1) to the proper (Torque Specifications).

2. Connect the coolant hose (3) to the pressurized coolant bottle.
  3. Connect the EGR coolant vent hose (2) to the pressurized coolant bottle.
  4. Connect the coolant vent hose (1) to the coolant pressurized coolant bottle.
  5. Fill the cooling system (Refer to Cooling - Standard Procedure).
Torque Specifications
TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS

DESCRIPTION N·m Ft. Lbs.In. Lbs.COMMENT
A/C Condenser to Radiator Bolts541
Belt Tensioner Bolt 55 41
Coolant Crossover Bolts1310
Idler Pulley Bolt 2518
Thermostat Housing Bolts12 9
Water Pump M6 Bolts13 10
Water Pump M8 Bolts25 18
Water Pump M10 Bolts55 41

·
Super Moderator
564 Posts
You don't really need to drain the entire system. Just drain the reservoir. Try and use something to suck it out you can Use a turkey baster if you have to but I don't think you need to drain the entire system. If you want to it's quite easy just extra work and more of a chain of getting air in the system which can be a problem if you don't burp it right

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You don't really need to drain the entire system. Just drain the reservoir. Try and use something to suck it out you can Use a turkey baster if you have to but I don't think you need to drain the entire system. If you want to it's quite easy just extra work and more of a chain of getting air in the system which can be a problem if you don't burp it right
Hi sir just updating I go to the shop and I brought the reservoirs tank and I drovE my car like 50 miles and I open my hood still the same I don’t know what I’m gonna do to this ): the second pic is a little better they fix it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi sir just updating I go to the shop and I brought the reservoirs tank and I drovE my car like 50 miles and I open my hood still the same I don’t know what I’m gonna do to this ): the second pic is a little better they fix it
Hi sir just updating I go to the shop and I brought a new reservoirs tank and I drovE my car like 50 miles and I open my hood still the same I don’t know what I’m gonna do to this ): the second pic is a little better they fix it

·
Super Moderator
564 Posts
🤨

·
Registered
932 Posts
Removal & Installation
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
REMOVAL

1. Drain the cooling system (Refer to Cooling - Standard Procedure).

2. Disconnect the coolant vent hose (1) from the pressurized coolant bottle.
  3. Disconnect the EGR coolant vent hose (2) from the pressurized coolant bottle.
  4. Disconnect the coolant hose (3) from the pressurized coolant bottle.

5. Remove the bolts (1) and the pressurized coolant bottle.
INSTALLATION

1. Install the pressurized coolant bottle. Tighten the bolts (1) to the proper (Torque Specifications).

2. Connect the coolant hose (3) to the pressurized coolant bottle.
  3. Connect the EGR coolant vent hose (2) to the pressurized coolant bottle.
  4. Connect the coolant vent hose (1) to the coolant pressurized coolant bottle.
  5. Fill the cooling system (Refer to Cooling - Standard Procedure).
Torque Specifications
TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS

DESCRIPTIONN·mFt. Lbs.In. Lbs.COMMENT
A/C Condenser to Radiator Bolts541
Belt Tensioner Bolt5541
Coolant Crossover Bolts1310
Idler Pulley Bolt2518
Thermostat Housing Bolts129
Water Pump M6 Bolts1310
Water Pump M8 Bolts2518
Water Pump M10 Bolts5541
Possibility of a "sticky" ?