2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

My issues with Pacifica Hybrid

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  PacDave 
#1 ·
I have a 2022 pacifica, hybrid limited and am observing the following issues. I will list them out and if anyone has an inputs, please let me know how to correct them.

- Hilltop assist: I have this enabled but it doesn't seem to work. When I am on an incline parked and release the brake to move the foot to gas the van goes back. So don't see any assist of it keep the van in place.

- The mute button doesn't work when the car is put in reverse. I don't think much of any physical buttons works when in reverse. Not sure if this is intended but don't think it should be blocking physical buttons.

- The other issue is when I drive in L mode (which I do mostly) at low speed when I remove the leg from accelerator there is a jerky motion and sound, a feeling of change in gear engagement. I don't see this behavior when driving in "D". Firstly, is this expected? If so will this do some damage to the car? Is there any significant advantage in L mode vs D mode when I dont do hard braking?

- Collision avoidance braking, or BRAKE message doesn't seem to work consistently. One time I came pretty close to hitting someone as they braked suddenly. I had to do the braking myself to avoid rearending. I did not see any action by the car nor did it give me any message. At few other times I got the "BRAKE" message when I was in no proximity to hit the car in front ( infact the vehicle Infront was also moving).

- Car parking sensors keep beeping when I am waiting at signal light (red ) in left only lane. I am not sure why it should beep when I am not even moving as they are parking sensors. Every time I get to signal lights I have to disable the parking sensors.

Thanks for any inputs or suggestions.

See less See more
#2 ·
- The other issue is when I drive in L mode (which I do mostly) at low speed when I remove the leg from accelerator there is a jerky motion and sound, a feeling of change in gear engagement. I don't see this behavior when driving in "D". Firstly, is this expected? If so will this do some damage to the car? Is there any significant advantage in L mode vs D mode when I dont do hard braking?
In L mode, it's just doing the regen and slowing down.
In D mode, if you left off it will just coast freely with no resistance at all.

#3 ·
It’s close to that. Actually in D mode it is also regenerating but just not as much as in L mode. As I’ve said before, I wish D mode was truly coasting with no regen. My suggestion to anyone is that when you drive try to remember that regen is good but it’s not as good as trying to use regen as little as possible. Using regen allows you to put energy back in the battery albeit with less than 100% efficiency. So try to drive in a way that uses it the least amount possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.