2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Red S Edition
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was really bummed that my brand new plug in vehicle had halogen headlights. Thought I'd just replace with whiter halogen bulbs...but then things got out of hand. :)

GTR Lighting Ultra 2.0 purchased for the low beams and the fog lights from headlight revolution. Plug and play install.

I've bought LED headlights from Amazon in the past and was always underwhelmed...not this time. These are the best headlights I've ever had. Great color, sharp cut off, TONS of light...and use less power. I'd call this adventure a win. Justify the cost by telling yourself it's for your children's safety, that's what I did.

Pics hopefully attached...

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Hybrid Touring L
98 Posts
Sweet. Let us know how they hold up.

I am keenly looking for something to upgrade to. After experiencing HID in my other vehicle halogen leaves much to be desired.

There intensity appears so much different would be interested to know if you get a lot of people flashing you thinking you are trying with hibeams on.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yep, I bought these when we had a 2020. They are one of the best (if not the best) options out there. I made some posts almost a year ago about it. I compared them to Diode Dynamics top-end option, but DD paled in comparison. Highly recommend people do not buy some random crap off Amazon and get something worthwhile and reputable (even if expensive... because your ability to see can mean life and death). Thankfully, we have quality factory LEDs in the 2021s now.

·
Registered
213 Posts
For sure, the halogen headlamps on the PacHy 17-20 models were severely lacking. You couldn't even get the HIDs that came with the gas version, which was always a strange omission. Those new GTR 2.0's look really good.

As the others said, the 21s come with the headlamps they ought to have always had. Driving in the dark on a lonely two lane road shows you just how good your headlights are. The LEDs on the 21's are pretty darn good from what I've experienced.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet. Let us know how they hold up.

I am keenly looking for something to upgrade to. After experiencing HID in my other vehicle halogen leaves much to be desired.

There intensity appears so much different would be interested to know if you get a lot of people flashing you thinking you are trying with hibeams on.
I'll report out after having them for a while. Got a vacation road trip coming up, I should get some good use out of them then. Initial reaction though: money well spent.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am not good at replacing with 3rd party items,
So, is GTR Lighting Ultra 2.0 just plug and play as oem bulb? No need to install extra things?
I just need low beam.
It is my professional opinion, as a member of the society of automotive engineers, that if you are worried about the skill required to replace a light bulb you should give your handy neighbor $20 or a 12 pack of beer and ask them for help.

·
Registered
2020 Touring L 🚘 Ruby-Red. Single Roof DVD Player (Mounted Inside)
45 Posts
Was really bummed that my brand new plug in vehicle had halogen headlights. Thought I'd just replace with whiter halogen bulbs...but then things got out of hand. :)

GTR Lighting Ultra 2.0 purchased for the low beams and the fog lights from headlight revolution. Plug and play install.

I've bought LED headlights from Amazon in the past and was always underwhelmed...not this time. These are the best headlights I've ever had. Great color, sharp cut off, TONS of light...and use less power. I'd call this adventure a win. Justify the cost by telling yourself it's for your children's safety, that's what I did.

"ALWAYS FOR THE CHILDREN!" BUT, that line doesn't always work with the wife's

·
Registered
45 Posts
It is my professional opinion, as a member of the society of automotive engineers, that if you are worried about the skill required to replace a light bulb you should give your handy neighbor $20 or a 12 pack of beer and ask them for help.

HELLarious

·
Registered
45 Posts

We just purchased a 2020 CPTL. After much research, I'm intending to purchase these; and install them next week. I will be sure to provide a follow-up report (and pics); provided i can talk my way past my lovely bride (wife) for the purchase!

·
Registered
2020 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L with S Package - All Black
21 Posts
I have the GTR Ultra 2.0 as well for low beams and fogs and they are amazing. I was thinking of getting them for the high beam / DRL. My concern is that my high beams are the DRL's (reduced wattage). Will they be ok on their own or do I need to purchase the GTR PWM modules? Has anyone tried this and if so what route did you take?

I also wanted to do this because I dislike the fact that the DRL's on my 2020 Touring L are halogen bulbs and not the LED Strip. I think it might also help aesthetically. The LED Strip only comes on with headlights at a reduced birghtness.

·
Registered
39 Posts
For sure, the halogen headlamps on the PacHy 17-20 models were severely lacking. You couldn't even get the HIDs that came with the gas version, which was always a strange omission. Those new GTR 2.0's look really good.

As the others said, the 21s come with the headlamps they ought to have always had. Driving in the dark on a lonely two lane road shows you just how good your headlights are. The LEDs on the 21's are pretty darn good from what I've experienced.
yes you could, i have an 18 limited with factory hid. they're really good.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the GTR Ultra 2.0 as well for low beams and fogs and they are amazing. I was thinking of getting them for the high beam / DRL. My concern is that my high beams are the DRL's (reduced wattage). Will they be ok on their own or do I need to purchase the GTR PWM modules? Has anyone tried this and if so what route did you take?

I also wanted to do this because I dislike the fact that the DRL's on my 2020 Touring L are halogen bulbs and not the LED Strip. I think it might also help aesthetically. The LED Strip only comes on with headlights at a reduced birghtness.
I'm glad you hear that last part; as we too, have a 2020 Touring L, and I thought i had missed out (lower Trim grade) on seeing that LED strip light up on ours! You got me excited now! TANKS!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm glad you hear that last part; as we too, have a 2020 Touring L, and I thought i had missed out (lower Trim grade) on seeing that LED strip light up on ours! You got me excited now! TANKS!
Yeah, mine is a limited .. or is mine called a red S? Whichever... I have the LED strip as my DRL. So I'm not sure about this, but sounds like y'all got it figured out. Nice!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts