2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Billet Silver Pacifica S
40 Posts
When I spoke with HR a few months ago they said I needed the GTR HID's in my low beams over the LED's since it's in the projector. The guy said the LED's don't throw light as far as the HID's in them. He said the LED's in the fogs though would throw the light wide and far.

When you turn off the fogs how much of a difference is it?

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Red S Edition
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
When I spoke with HR a few months ago they said I needed the GTR HID's in my low beams over the LED's since it's in the projector. The guy said the LED's don't throw light as far as the HID's in them. He said the LED's in the fogs though would throw the light wide and far.

When you turn off the fogs how much of a difference is it?
The fogs help. They definitely fill out the light pattern wide and low. I thought about going cheaper for the fogs, glad I didn't. They supplement the low beams they're so bright... not just ornamental like other fog lights I've had on vehicles.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Touring L 🚘 Ruby-Red. Single Roof DVD Player (Mounted Inside)
45 Posts
We just purchased a 2020 CPTL. After much research, I'm intending to purchase these; and install them next week. I will be sure to provide a follow-up report (and pics); provided i can talk my way past my lovely bride (wife) for the purchase! View attachment 46659
I "intended" to buy this set (above), but my wife "clipped" my financial wings, so to speak! Thus, I'm now looking for a "budget" set; if anyone has any suggestions...

·
Registered
40 Posts
The fogs help. They definitely fill out the light pattern wide and low. I thought about going cheaper for the fogs, glad I didn't. They supplement the low beams they're so bright... not just ornamental like other fog lights I've had on vehicles.

How much throw/bright are the low beams without the fog lights?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I "intended" to buy this set (above), but my wife "clipped" my financial wings, so to speak! Thus, I'm now looking for a "budget" set; if anyone has any suggestions...
I purchased same one, installed and check it worked but have not driven at night time yet. I donno how much brighter yet.

I had 20% off clip coupon when i purchased this.
Also there is bundle option for lower price if you can cancel and reorder.

·
Registered
2020 Hybrid Touring L
98 Posts
Installed a pair of the GTR Ultimate 2.0 LEDs in my low beams this week. The height cutoff pattern is identical to before. The beam width is much wider. Brightness significantly higher.

As a matter of fact I was flashed by someone a minute after starting a test drive at night after installing them. I passed at least 30 other cars on this drive and had only the one flash at me. I was curious to see if they may be too bright, so I parked it next to my other vehicle with HIDs and pointed both at my white garage door at the same distance. The GTRs are brighter, but just a tad, so I am going to run with them. Maybe the LEDs will level out a little lower with a few break-in hours on them.

Also the integrated fans are audibly noticeable, so FYI. Don't hear them over road noise, but at a stop in electric mode and no other interior noises you can hear the hum, outside the vehicle the hum definitely is observable, again not objectionable for me.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I have idiots flash me in my 2021 Pinnacle.

Reactions: RED SWORD

·
Registered
29 Posts
The GTR bulbs are amazing. They are what I am still running after my very expensive lesson in Pacifica lighting, I have a thread on that below. So after 14 months I had one bulb dim to about 30% brightness. Did a
"field destroy" warranty claim and Headlight Revolution shipped one which I had in less than a week. I didn't even notice it till one day I was parked facing the garage door, and noticed one side was dimmer. So who knows how long it was like that.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Red S Edition
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Installed a pair of the GTR Ultimate 2.0 LEDs in my low beams this week. The height cutoff pattern is identical to before. The beam width is much wider. Brightness significantly higher.

As a matter of fact I was flashed by someone a minute after starting a test drive at night after installing them. I passed at least 30 other cars on this drive and had only the one flash at me. I was curious to see if they may be too bright, so I parked it next to my other vehicle with HIDs and pointed both at my white garage door at the same distance. The GTRs are brighter, but just a tad, so I am going to run with them. Maybe the LEDs will level out a little lower with a few break-in hours on them.

Also the integrated fans are audibly noticeable, so FYI. Don't hear them over road noise, but at a stop in electric mode and no other interior noises you can hear the hum, outside the vehicle the hum definitely is observable, again not objectionable for me.
Good point about the noise. It's definitely noticeable but I agree with you, it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
2020 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L with S Package - All Black
21 Posts
I'm glad you hear that last part; as we too, have a 2020 Touring L, and I thought i had missed out (lower Trim grade) on seeing that LED strip light up on ours! You got me excited now! TANKS!
Another solution for having just the LED Strip light up by itself would be to do the following. Go to your radio settings and turn off DRL (High beams at reduced wattage). Now nothing is on while you drive. Next, turn on your parking lights which is the LED Strip. Only difference is that it is a reduced wattage compared to the Limited's bright led strip. I dont like doing this due to the fact that the auto headlights are not on and then you have to turn on parking lights to drive and turn it off when you exit the car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
21 - 31 of 31 Posts