2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know the uConnect app rarely works, and I think I know why. The 4G connection in the van can't be left on all the time, it would drain the 12v battery. So it must wake up on a periodic basis and try to connect, at which time it can receive any requests. My experience with M2M (machine to machine) cellular devices is that they often do not connect quickly. I think many times the van tries to connect and it's too slow. The van then puts the 4G back into dormant mode before it can connect and the app times out. Occasionally you get lucky and the 4g connects fast enough, and you get a response. You're still waiting some amount of time for it to wake up though.

This morning, I started the vehicle so 4G would be on continuously and tried the app for location and vehicle data. It worked every time, and quickly too. This would seem to prove out my theory.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I am upset that the app on my phone takes so long to open. The prior version I used on my '17 would open very quickly. Now the new version of the app I had to install on my phone takes 30 seconds or so to actually open up before I can even select remote start. That bums me out!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I haven’t updated my app and it starts up fine for the information I get, but lately the send to go address doesn’t seem to work well. I am going to cancel the subscription anyway since that was the only reason I wanted it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts