2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I should update everyone...I picked up my vehicle yesterday, 31 days later. A quick timeline of events:

April 2017 bought the car (LOVED IT!!!)
Immediately had problems with the Uconnect - was told by two different dealers, on multiple occasions, that iphone 6 is not compatible with the software. Okay- I wish I had known that before, but we move on.

September 2017 - had the T23 update

December 2017- was finally told that the iphone 6 is compatible and I need the new Uconnect update...received this update Dec 23

January 2018 - car stalls

February 20, 2018- receive the U01 update

February 27, pick up the car. Uconncect no longer works! Car has not stalled again (driven 20 miles...woo hoo!)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
glad no more stalling but how come you left the dealership with Uconnect not working? are you taking it back for that fix?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I made my husband drive home because I was too scared to drive. When I got up to drive the car this morning I noticed it. I already called the dealership. We will see what happens.

glad no more stalling but how come you left the dealership with Uconnect not working? are you taking it back for that fix?

·
Registered
470 Posts
When you say, "the Uconnect didn't work..." can you share a little more about what you experienced? There are quire a number of different Uconnect issues that are known to have been mitigated by differing approaches, be it software updates and/or hardware changes. I am very pleased with the iPhone connection and capabilities on our 2017 Pacifica even without CarPlay. The Text/Messaging is particularly interesting in that you receive a Text/Message popup and then can listen to Uconnect verbalize the message. You can also easily initiate or reply to a Text/Message via the Voice function which engages with Siri. Quite useful. I take 5 girls to their Dance School some evenings on about a 30 minute drive and whomever sits in the front passenger seat connects their iPhone to the USB and then Plays something like, The Greatest Showman" soundtrack and while those in the back are charging their phones in the rear USB ports they all join in singing at the top of their lungs. Works for me! When I'm going to be taking five dancers I remove the middle (eighth seat) and it is easier for the 2nd and 3rd row passengers to get seated and manipulate all their dance backpacks in and out of the vehicle. Also that means I don't have to unhook and pull down the middle seatbelts for the trip. After that it only takes minimal effort to put the Pacifica back in normal configuration with the 3rd Row stowed and the eighth seat back in place for the convenient use as an armrest and drink holder. Love this vehicle!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow - I never knew the messaging allowed you to respond to texts. This feature has never worked in my car. They told me it was only for android, this was a feature not compatible with iphone. Ugh, the stories.
Listen, in the scheme of things I really don't care if the Uconnect features work, what I am trying to show FCA is that every time they do an update on my car to fix something, something else goes wrong. I don't know if other people have this same problem, but I do. They fixed A, but now B is broken. They fixed B, but now C is broken. They fixed C, and now A is not working again. Do you get my point?
What doesn't work: the 5 favorite phone numbers keep erasing, there are no contacts, no call log (missed calls, recent calls, etc)., no messaging features, when someone calls the "Answer" button won't connect the call.
These are the same issues I had since I purchased the car and these were fixed with an update in December, but now with the U01 update these issues came back.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
every time they do an update on my car to fix something, something else goes wrong.
Sadly, that is par for the course. Software updates are frequently a mixed blessing. I myself tried to delay applying the most recent OTA update precisely because I had concerns that the minuses may be more than the pluses. Fortunately, my experience, while not flawless, has been relatively smooth. I certainly understand your frustration, I think I would have it in equal measure if I had your experience.

Thanks for keeping us updated. I hope your dealer can help you get back to April 2017. It is a great place to be.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I just thought I should update everyone...I picked up my vehicle yesterday, 31 days later. A quick timeline of events:

April 2017 bought the car (LOVED IT!!!)
Immediately had problems with the Uconnect - was told by two different dealers, on multiple occasions, that iphone 6 is not compatible with the software. Okay- I wish I had known that before, but we move on.

September 2017 - had the T23 update

December 2017- was finally told that the iphone 6 is compatible and I need the new Uconnect update...received this update Dec 23

January 2018 - car stalls

February 20, 2018- receive the U01 update

February 27, pick up the car. Uconncect no longer works! Car has not stalled again (driven 20 miles...woo hoo!)
So you had the T23 and stalled and then the U01 update was done. According to FCA, the U01 is not necessary if T23 is done. How ironic that your U01 was done on 2/20 which is exactly the same day my U01 is listed as "complete" although it has never been done.

I wonder if you really got the U01 or if the system "says" the U01 was done.

I find that 2/20 date very suspect.

Can you check your paperwork from the dealer and confirm the U01 was actually done.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the U01 update was actually completed - the dealership said my car received a software update. I can't figure out the actual date they did the update because I picked up the car February 27th and the invoice date is February 23rd. Does that mean they did the update on the 23rd?
If so, wouldn't mopar update? My last update (mileage, etc.) was dated February 21st and then the next update was February 27th when I picked up the car. The reason I know this is b/c the dealership and I are disagreeing about the mileage they wrote down on my invoice reports so I kept tabs on the dates and mileage of my car the last few days. They claimed that mopar was incorrect by 300 miles, when in fact they drove my car 300 miles while it was at their dealership.
Anyway, where can I find the exact date the update was completed?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts