2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone identify this piece of metal? It is ferrous (can be attracted by a magnet) and was found sitting on the engine under the cowl on the driver side of the oil filter housing. It's sitting on notebook paper for scale.
Wood Rectangle Font Line Art
Wood Font Rectangle Human leg Metal
Rectangle Wood Font Flooring Pattern
Wood Rectangle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Tints and shades

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Limited S
16 Posts
I don't know what it is but to get the thinking caps going I'd say it resembles an H-clip for T&G (Tongue & Groove). I could see this being used on some panel edge and tied down with metal strapping and then use the hook part to lift this assembly. Someone who works on an automotive assembly line should look at this and chime in please.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Inquiring minds want to know!
I think @CANADAHYBRIDGUY nailed it. It appears to be an assembly aid clip. Most likely to hold a hose clamp expanded until it's ready to be released. I can see how a clip like this would be really useful to speed assembly or in a tight space where clamp pliers might be awkward. It's possible that it could have retained something besides a hose clamp but that seems it's most likely use. I can also see how, if released without a retaining lanyard tied to it or if its lanyard broke, it might have been launched to a good hiding place like where I found it. Thanks @CANADAHYBRIDGUY

·
Registered
441 Posts
its a doohicky

Reactions: ontheroad
1 - 6 of 6 Posts