2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was playing with the navigation settings and found I could change the icons to one of four preselected. Two different arrows, a hexagon for whatever reason :rolleyes: , and a white Chrysler 300??????:rolleyes:o_O:rolleyes:o_O?

Why is a 300 an icon for a Pacifica???

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,394 Posts
I was playing with the navigation settings and found I could change the icons to one of four preselected. Two different arrows, a hexagon for whatever reason :rolleyes: , and a white Chrysler 300??????:rolleyes:o_O:rolleyes:o_O?

Why is a 300 an icon for a Pacifica???
It is odd that a Pacifica isn't an option on your navigation. I guess it depends on the navigation system you have. My 2017 nav system (no Android Auto) has 9 Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep vehicle choices including the Pacifica. There is also an arrow.
The navigation systems go in a variety of vehicles so is it probably easier to put more vehicle choices in the software. It seems like there are more choices now than in the past. I've updated the maps but I don't know if that made a difference. I also have the latest UCONNECT update for my van.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is odd that a Pacifica isn't an option on your navigation. I guess it depends on the navigation system you have. My 2017 nav system (no Android Auto) has 9 Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep vehicle choices including the Pacifica. There is also an arrow.
The navigation systems go in a variety of vehicles so is it probably easier to put more vehicle choices in the software. It seems like there are more choices now than in the past. I've updated the maps but I don't know if that made a difference. I also have the latest UCONNECT update for my van.
It would be nice to have a Pacifica and/or more choices than four.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess you could ask UCONNECT if there is an icon update for your van's navigation.
I got this (we really don't care and we are closing this case) response today:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Chrysler Customer Care.

We certainly understand your concern with having a Chrysler 300 as the only vehicle navigation icon and appreciate the time and effort you took to bring this matter to our attention.

I have reached out to our Uconnect team to review your inquiry further. Our Uconnect team has advised that currently the only vehicle icon is the Chrysler 300. This is not specifc to your vehicle, it depends on the Uconnect system your vehicle is equipped with. This may be update to more vehicle models in a future software release.

We have documented your concerns and have made them available to be reviewed internally.

Please know that your feedback and opinion are both very important to us.

Thank you again for your email.

At this time, we will be closing this case. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance by replying to this email or calling us at 1-800-247-9753.

Best wishes,

Belinda
Chrysler Customer Care

·
Registered
25 Posts
Has this ever been fixed?
Just upgraded my 2017 Radio to the 2018 UAV, and quite surprised that the only car icon is a Chrysler 300. I want my car to show up, not some random model!

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
245 Posts
Just upgraded my 2017 Radio to the 2018 UAV, and quite surprised that the only car icon is a Chrysler 300. I want my car to show up, not some random model!
And be able to select your cars color. My Sister-in-law bought a 2020 Mercedes GLE. She thought the 360 backup cam was a satellite watching her car from above.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope! I just upgraded my map and application software recently and it is still the same. If you want to see what is going on with the map update and how I feel I was scammed look at this thread.

2018-2020 North American Map Update - Pre-Order $50 Discount | 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums (pacificaforums.com)

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I saw that. It’s crazy.
Does this mean that 2020 Pacifica off the lot have better map versions than you had via the upgrade?
I have no idea. I have requested other users with a 2020 post their map version and no one has.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts