1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Pacifica Limited S.
It has a 13 Speaker Uconnect 4C NAV with 8.4” Display
I put in aftermarket 6x9s in the doors and back Tailgate
They run thru a PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41 and a Rockford Amp.
The rest of the speakers run thru the stock Amp.
After the Professional Installation, the NAV/SAT is not working.
The error on the screen is ‘No Signal See Dealer.”
The dealer could not find the problem.
I went back to the Installer to disconnect the PAC/Amp/4 Door 6x9s.
We attached an External Sirius Antenna and I now have a Satellite signal but no NAV.
I went back to the dealer. They again could not find anything.
I got a Shark Fin Antenna and attached it to the Radio. I get a NAV/SAT Signal
The Dealership does not want to touch because of the Aftermarket Installation.
Both parties point to the other.
Any Help would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
This is the aftermarket dealer's fault. They screwed up. They need to get it fixed for you. That probably means paying a Chrysler dealer to have it done, or finding another very capable installer. I hope they have errors and omissions insurance.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Altering anything in the electrical systems on modern cars is a big mistake and an open door for never-ending problems.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I'm finding that out :(
I feel for you. Sorry to hear about your problems. Your situation appears to be a difficult one to get resolved if it can be at this point. The third-party installer most likely probed, cut into, and/or spliced into the harness points. These third-party addons can change the voltage levels and data flow of the modules that require precision specifications and freak them out causing a whole chain of events through several modules leading to your stat/nav issues.

My hybrid has 53 computer modules running it. It is basically a high voltage computer on wheels. I have no idea how many are on the ICE version. I will leave mine factory all the way to the headlamps. I know many LED headlamp kits have caused damage to TIPM (Total Integrated Power Module) on Chryslers, Jeep, Dodge, and RAM and cost well over 1,200.00 to replace that control board. The problem is the LED light kits pull less power and pulse power flow. The TIPM was designed for a very specific wattage. The pulse power fluctuations of the LED would eventually fry the board.

·
Registered
408 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally got it fixed. Luckily I have contacts at CTC. They replaced the Antenna.The dealer never really physically tried a new Antenna.

The exact diagnosis was:
"The radio inputs are not error-proofed and the antenna could potentially be shorted. Permanent corrective action is still missing as this can happen again to any customer."

Thanks to all for your input.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts