2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the passenger use the navigation system while the car is moving. For example can they input an intermediate stop on the way to the destination? Some car makers restrict the use of the navigation while the car is in motion which would prevent me from buying the feature.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nope. You can only input destinations into the GPS by using the voice input option while the car is in motion. Stinks!

·
Registered
140 Posts
why doesnt the traffic, when in traffic had a nice red or orange line as with most gps's.....i cant tell if its telling me if i am in traffic or not, besides from when i run into it...

i see it puts some yellow signs up but it doesnt seem all that great....

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
That might work. How do you input through voice?
Looks a little like this, middle button. Looks like a person speaking. This is from a Jeep. Works similar to google now commands. "Navigate to 100 main street, Seattle Washington" The uConnect screen will tell you some simple phrases to say. Click on the middle button again, and say, "Help" after the beep, and it will go through some of those phrases as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
Looks a little like this, middle button. Looks like a person speaking. This is from a Jeep. Works similar to google now commands. "Navigate to 100 main street, Seattle Washington" The uConnect screen will tell you some simple phrases to say. Click on the middle button again, and say, "Help" after the beep, and it will go through some of those phrases as well.

Thank you. I did figure this out yesterday but I'm glad that someone here had mentioned it. I've been pulling off the road so that my passenger could input info to the Nav system. Now I know that we can do it through voice command

·
Registered
159 Posts
Today I was able to type in my destination through the Uconnect app on my phone while driving and then use send to vehicle. This might be a workaround for the time being until they disable that in the app (if you don't want to use voice).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts