2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

navigation voice / radio

19K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  bhavinjo 
#1 ·
My 2017 Pacifica radio volume does not reduce when the navigation voice gives instructions. Is there a way to correct this?
Also, is there any way to turn the radio off?
Thanks, Frank

#2 ·
I do not have a problem like you're explaining. Actually I feel the way the Pacifica handles the navigation voice to be the best I've ever used. The voice navigation comes out of the left from speaker (from what I can tell). While voice is active you can adjust the volume up or down with std volume controls or you can adjust volume through the UConnect menus. Mine lowers the radios volume when speaking directions.

Maybe it is your trim level, what trim do you have? What speaker system? I have the Limited Trim with Alpine (13 Speaker 506 watt)system.

There is no way to turn the radio completely off. But the volume control can be "pushed" to mute it.

#5 ·
True you can adjust the volume independently but most other systems reduce audio system volume when the nav guidance voice comes up. My brand new pacifica (1 day old) Limited w/ UConnect theatre package doe snot. It doesn't have the Harmon Kardon package..

#6 ·
Reviving this old thread :)

But I am having the same concern with my 2017 Limited with Alpine speakers and uconnect theater. For e.g. if media is playing at 20 and navigation voice is set to lower than 20 say 15 you cannot hear anything.

Ideally, it should reduce the audio volume automatically to be able to hear the nav instructions. Is that anything tsb or otherwise to address this?

My software version is 17.43.01 which is the latest per the uconnect update website.

Thanks in advance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.