2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

NE Ohio to Naples, FL and back

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  cue003 
#1 ·
Well took our limited on its first big excursion. Drove from NE Ohio to Naples, FL with a few stops between over 10 days. We had 3 adults and 2 children. Used a Thule Sonic XL roofbox. Averaged just shy of 24mpg while doing around 80mph(when able) on highway.

The car performed great. Drive was smooth and all passengers were extremely comfortable.

A few small complaints....

1. My wife in the back said the tv's would sporadically lock her out for no reason. Either the buttons to control the movie would "grey out" or the would be locked through the main front screen. I never locked it. It would just do it on its own. I would have to turn the screens on/off to reset the problem.

2. NAV didn't easily find addresses and would suggest reroutes around traffic 10 times even though I said no. Rather annoying.

3. The rear power tailgate failed to open a few times and would stop half way. Give it a nudge and it would finish.

4. The middle seat my wife was in would not lean forward at times for access to the back. Like the lever was stuck. I would pull the stow n go tab and put the seat back and then the lean lever would work again.

5. Why is the world did they center the third row latch on the 60 split seat and not put it to the side? Makes the back unusable if the car seat is in the spot rear facing. Can't get down the center isle then. I wanted to stagger the kids while allowing a seat to lean forward but couldn't.

That's all I can think of now. Small annoying issues but otherwise the trip went rather smooth car wise. Very happy.

See less See more
#2 ·
5. Why is the world did they center the third row latch on the 60 split seat and not put it to the side? Makes the back unusable if the car seat is in the spot rear facing. Can't get down the center isle then. I wanted to stagger the kids while allowing a seat to lean forward but couldn't.
Not sure why they centered one, but there is an additional LATCH position on one side in the 3rd row. I think it's on the passenger side if I remember correctly.

#5 ·
Yes, I ended up using the side LATCH point in the 3rd row. I was just annoyed that they centered the other one. I didn't want my 3y/o behind me the entire drive(he sits there normally) because he tend to kick the seat at times. I didn't want to deal with that and decided to move him behind the passenger haha. I then wanted to put my 1y/o behind on the other side so the seats were staggered and it would allow my wife to hop side to side.

It didn't end up being that big of a deal. But if you were to put a seat in that center position you couldn't use the walk through then. Which is kind of the point of having a 7 passenger van, is it not?

#3 ·
I tested Pacifica earlier and also noticed the center latch position. Can't remember whether it was for second or third row? How are you supposed to put a car seat with only latch in the center?
Can someone confirm if you can place theee car seats abreast in the second row please. Thanks.

#4 ·
If you're talking about the 8 passenger, all 3 seating positions in the 2nd row have LATCH. In the 3rd row, there are 2 LATCH positions....one in the middle and one on the side.

#7 ·
Agree on the vacuum. My first in my 2015 Odyssey and I thought I would never use it but I used it all the time including sweeping out the other two cars with it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.