2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
The 2020 Touring L Plus 35th Anniversary edition is the biggest bang for the buck (and is the most flexible Pacifica made). The fact it is better than the Limited 35th Anniversary for $8,000 less.... blows me away. I don't need a problematic power rear seat, or a vented seat, or 20" wheels instead of 18" wheels, or 20 speakers instead of 13, or a rear moon roof (limiting me to 7 seats) or a vacuum. It isn't worth the extra $8,000 for the price of admission.
I got a 2020 limited for $38000 after incentives. It’s called a Pacifica Hybrid. So unless you’re talking about $30K out the door for a 2020 touring l plus, your $8K “extra” figure for the limited is a bit off. Just saying.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I got a 2020 limited for $38000 after incentives. It’s called a Pacifica Hybrid. So unless you’re talking about $30K out the door for a 2020 touring l plus, your $8K “extra” figure for the limited is a bit off. Just saying.
That's an amazing price for a 2020 limited hybrid. You must have amazing state incentives or have gotten a super smoking deal. I'm about to order a hybrid limited w AST and sunroof and doubt I'll get below 42k after the tax rebate.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I purchased a leftover 2019 Touring L Plus for just south of $37K before tax. It was discounted $8K including incentives and 0% financing. It has everything standard on the TLP plus tri-pane sunroof, advanced safety, 18 " Michelin wheels and tires, hands free sliding doors and rear gate.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I just wanted to say thank you all for the information. I ended getting a 2018 Limited for an amazing price fully loaded! Just waiting for the delivery of it at this point and I can't wait!

·
Registered
325 Posts
That's an amazing price for a 2020 limited hybrid. You must have amazing state incentives or have gotten a super smoking deal. I'm about to order a hybrid limited w AST and sunroof and doubt I'll get below 42k after the tax rebate.
I actually think it’s pretty representative. $1200 off MSRP from the dealer, $2250 off between Chrysler and TrueCar incentives, and then the $7500 federal rebate. The sunroof puts you up an extra $2K (I didn’t have it on mine).

·
Registered
119 Posts
The 2020 Pacifica Touring L Plus 35th Anniversary edition - hands down is the best bang for the buck & because it can get an 8th seat - is better than the Limited for $8,000 less..

Limited's surprisingly are no longer the top of the line (or the best configuration for the price). If you want 8 seats, you can't get a Limited (due to the moon roof in the back) & usually you won't find the rear entertainment system in those at dealerships - at least here in Illinois..

In 2020, the Touring L Plus can now be purchased with the 8th seat AND a 2 pane moon roof. There is a $8k difference in the prices of the Limited & Touring L Plus (fully optioned).

So for $44,800 MSRP on the "Monroney" (it will be less with incentives).... you can now get a 35th Anniversary Touring L Plus w/ Moon roof covering front & middle seats, 8 seats, Advanced System Tec, 8.4" Infotainment with NAV with 13 speaker Alpine, & 18" Wheels.

For $8,000 more, you lose the 8th seat (but you gain a 3rd pane rear moon roof), you get vented front seats (not just heated), 20" Wheels, 20 Speaker Harmon Kardon, rear vacuum, & power rear seats (which tends to break - I prefer the manual rear seats). Prior to 2020, you used have to buy a Limited to get a moon roof (it wasn't offered on lesser trims) or the Touring L Plus to get the 8th seat (without a moon roof). Not anymore.

The 2020 Touring L Plus 35th Anniversary edition is the biggest bang for the buck (and is the most flexible Pacifica made). The fact it is better than the Limited 35th Anniversary for $8,000 less.... blows me away. I don't need a problematic power rear seat, or a vented seat, or 20" wheels instead of 18" wheels, or 20 speakers instead of 13, or a rear moon roof (limiting me to 7 seats) or a vacuum. It isn't worth the extra $8,000 for the price of admission.
Did they change the packages around? We have a 17 Limited, fully loaded with the 8th seat and no pano roof of course. So at least in 17 they had the 8th seat available with the limited. We have every option too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I had a blowout that did serious damage to my beloved 2006 Grand Caravan. I'm currently driving a rental Pacifica and I love it! However, I'm realizing the pricing is all over the place and to be honest I'm confused by the trims. I have a Limited as a rental which isn't fully decked out but enough for my needs. However, I was willing to go to a Touring L Plus which seems to be priced around the same. if not more, than some Limiteds that I've come across?

This leads me to my confusion with the Touring L vs Plus addition. Things that I would like: Remote start, heated seats (didn't realize how much it helps my back), Heated wheel. I wouldn't mind the remote back row button but I can live without it, even if it would be convenient.

Is the Touring L worth consideration vs the Plus or a "low level" Limited?
I feel that with any car you buy today. The most important thing is to get all of the safety tech. That is the lowest level someone should go. They simply help far to much in accident avoidance not to have them. Why take the risk?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I actually think it’s pretty representative. $1200 off MSRP from the dealer, $2250 off between Chrysler and TrueCar incentives, and then the $7500 federal rebate. The sunroof puts you up an extra $2K (I didn’t have it on mine).
Yeah maybe you're right, my price is 42k without incentives, we'll see what the incentives are when I take delivery I guess. But here in Hawaii no dealer appears willing to go below MSRP on the hybrid, it's more like they're doing you a favor for even ordering it. I used the FCA affiliates pricing so that at least got me $600 under MSRP.

·
Registered
32 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I had a blowout that did serious damage to my beloved 2006 Grand Caravan. I'm currently driving a rental Pacifica and I love it! However, I'm realizing the pricing is all over the place and to be honest I'm confused by the trims. I have a Limited as a rental which isn't fully decked out but enough for my needs. However, I was willing to go to a Touring L Plus which seems to be priced around the same. if not more, than some Limiteds that I've come across?

This leads me to my confusion with the Touring L vs Plus addition. Things that I would like: Remote start, heated seats (didn't realize how much it helps my back), Heated wheel. I wouldn't mind the remote back row button but I can live without it, even if it would be convenient.

Is the Touring L worth consideration vs the Plus or a "low level" Limited?
The limited is the only trim level available with power folding mirrors. That option was truly a deal maker because i need to fold them to get into the garage easily otherwise it is like threading a needle. '17 Limiteds had better suspension, soft dash, perfed seats, fancy steering wheel, tripane sunroof, Alpine sound, upgraded noise cancelling, vacuum, more chrome, sunshades, buddle lamps and enhanced interior lighting, HID lamps, daytime LED running lights. No rear entertainment standard, and better grade tires.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The limited is the only trim level available with power folding mirrors. That option was truly a deal maker because i need to fold them to get into the garage easily otherwise it is like threading a needle. '17 Limiteds had better suspension, soft dash, perfed seats, fancy steering wheel, tripane sunroof, Alpine sound, upgraded noise cancelling, vacuum, more chrome, sunshades, buddle lamps and enhanced interior lighting, HID lamps, daytime LED running lights. No rear entertainment standard, and better grade tires.
You don’t get the pano roof on the 8 seat option because of the seatbelt anchor for the middle seat. But you do get the 20 inch wheels with the 8th seat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
In 2020, the Touring L Plus can now be purchased with the 8th seat AND a 2 pane moon roof. There is a $8k difference in the prices of the Limited & Touring L Plus (fully optioned).
How do they do the seatbelt for the 8th seat if there's no roof to anchor it in? I was told it's either moon roof or 8th seat (or neither, I suppose)

Also, a reply to someone else above - heated steering wheel is part of the $495 cold weather package which is available even on lowly Touring (non-L) like mine. Roof rack isn't standard on the Touring but can be added easily (or ordered.) I also got the Advanced Safety Tech package, with the big touch screen. But the only thing I think I'm actually missing out on is the memory seats.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
How do they do the seatbelt for the 8th seat if there's no roof to anchor it in? I was told it's either moon roof or 8th seat (or neither, I suppose)

Also, a reply to someone else above - heated steering wheel is part of the $495 cold weather package which is available even on lowly Touring (non-L) like mine. Roof rack isn't standard on the Touring but can be added easily (or ordered.) I also got the Advanced Safety Tech package, with the big touch screen. But the only thing I think I'm actually missing out on is the memory seats.
They take out the rear sunroof (the one over the third row) and put the seatbelt anchor there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2018 Touring L with three key options: Advanced Safety Tech, Premium Audio, and the spare tire. AST provides adaptive cruise control, the 360 surround camera, rain sensing wipers, auto high-beams, and a few additional niceties. Premium audio upgrades you to the 13 speaker Alpine hifi system, which is actually pretty nice sounding for a factory car system. Strangely, it also adds a power passenger seat with all the same adjustments as the driver seat, including the 4 way lumbar - which is actually quite nice to have on road trips.

The Touring L has leather upholstery, heated front (but not 2nd row) seats. It’s lacking a few of the more esoteric options, such as heated steering wheel, cooled front seats, etc. It’s a good specification if you don’t want the giant sunroof, don’t want movies, and want to avoid low value options like the power folding third row seat (its faster and easier to do it manually). At the time I purchased it was $30k-$31K new, which is quite a decent value.
Can you get the giant sunroof on the Touring L trim as an option?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Can you get the giant sunroof on the Touring L trim as an option?
A Touring L+ is not the same as a Touring L. I doubt if a sunroof is an option in the Touring L. It may depend on the year and package.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts