- What are the main differences between these types of plans/providers? A lot actually and it is all in the fine print and you better watch for any "*".
- If I were to buy a plan, which of these paths do you recommend I go down? Pros/cons? Mopar: It is backed by the manufacturer and can be used by all Mopar dealers. As with Mopar and third parties, they both have fine print. Some of the third-party's fine print is downright scary. READ THE FINE PRINT! BTW If you sell your vehicle Mopar is prorated refundable with a 75 fee, or transferable to one new owner for a fee of 50 raising the resale value of your vehicle.
- Is there anything I should definitely avoid? If you decide to go the third-party route, read everything before you sign and pay.
Mopar Maximum Care is the best and it cuts out the middle man needing to come and give inspected approvals for expensive repairs. It is honored at any dealer location nationwide and will have techs that work on these vehicles every day. The last thing you want is a shade tree mechanic at some garage working on your hybrid tech. You also want Chrysler engineers in the background supporting complex repairs if necessary when the dealer techs can't figure it out.
Tom Winkels at Hayes Jeep Kalamazoo MI or Ziegler is your best option. Tom has beat out Ziegler twice to win my business.
Call Tom and he will walk you through all the plans, millage, and deductibles if you buy from him or not.
This is what is included in the Mopar Maximum Care:
COVERAGE UNDER THE PLAN: WHAT IS COVERED? The Plan will pay the total cost (parts and labor) less a deductible per visit,
to correct any of the following mechanical failures, caused by a defect in materials or workmanship of a covered component and are
not covered by the vehicle’s factory warranty. The only exceptions are those listed under “What is not covered by the Plan”.
COMPONENTS COVERED BY THE PLAN INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
GASOLINE ENGINE: Cylinder Block and all Internal Parts; Cylinder Head Assemblies; Timing Case, Timing Chain, Timing Belt,
Gears and Sprockets; Variable Valve Timing Solenoids and Actuators; Harmonic Balancer; Oil Pump, Water Pump and Housing;
Intake and Exhaust Manifolds; Flywheel with Starter Ring Gear; Core Plugs; Valve Covers; Oil Pan; Oil Filter Adapter Housing;
Turbocharger Housing and Internal Parts; Turbocharger Wastegate Actuator; Supercharger; Fuel Injectors (excluding clogged
injectors); Serpentine Belt Tensioner; Seals and Gaskets.
DIESEL ENGINE: Cylinder Block and all Internal Parts; Cylinder Head Assemblies; Timing Gears and Cover; Harmonic Balancer;
Oil Pump; Water Pump and Housing; Intake and Exhaust Manifolds; Core Plugs; Valve Covers; Oil Pan; Turbocharger Housing and
Internal Parts; Fuel Injection Pump and Injectors (excluding clogged injectors); High Pressure Oil Pump; High Pressure Oil Rails;
Seals and Gaskets.
TRANSMISSION: Transmission Case and all Internal Parts; Torque Converter; Drive/Flex Plate; Transmission Range Switch;
Transmission Control Module; Bell Housing; Oil Pan; Gear Shifter and Shifter Mechanism; Seals and Gaskets.
NOTE: MANUAL TRANSMISSION CLUTCH PARTS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME.
FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE (4x4): Transfer Case and all Internal Parts; Axle Housing and all Internal Parts; Axles Shafts; Axle Shaft
Bearings; Drive Shafts Assemblies (Front and Rear); Drive Shaft Center Bearings; Wheel Bearings; Universal Joints and Yokes;
Disconnect Housing Assembly; Seals and Gaskets.
ALL-WHEEL DRIVE (AWD): Power Transfer Unit and all Internal Parts; Viscous Coupler; Axle Housing and all Internal parts;
Constant Velocity Joints and Boots; Rear Driveline Module; Drive Shaft and Axle Shaft Assemblies; Wheel Bearings; Differential
Carrier Assembly and all Internal Parts; Output Bearing; Output Flange; End Cover; Overrunning Clutch; Shift Motor; Vacuum Motor;
Torque Tube; Pinion Spacer and Shim; Seals and Gaskets.
FRONT WHEEL DRIVE: Transaxle Case and all Internal Parts; Axle Shaft Assemblies; Constant Velocity Joints and Boots; Shifter
Mechanism; Wheel Bearings; Differential Cover; Oil Pan; Transaxle Speed Sensors; Transaxle Solenoid Assembly; PRNDL Position
Switch; Transaxle Electronic Controller; Torque Converter; Seals and Gaskets
NOTE: MANUAL TRANSMISSION CLUTCH PARTS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME.
REAR WHEEL DRIVE: Rear Axle Housing and all Internal Parts; Axle Shafts; Axle Shaft Bearings; Drive Shaft Assemblies; Drive
Shaft Center Bearings; Universal Joints and Yokes; Seals and Gaskets.
STEERING: Steering Gear Housing and all Internal Parts; Power Steering Gear; Inner Tie Rods; Outer Tie Rods; Drag Link; Idler
Arm; Pitman Arm; Steering Stabilizer; Power Steering Pump and Reservoir; Power Steering Motors; Power Steering Pump Cooler;
Steering Shafts (upper and lower); Steering Shaft Lower Coupling; Telescoping Steering Column Motors; Rack and Pinion Assembly;
Rack and Pinion Boots; Electronic Steering Motor; Seals and Gaskets.
AIR CONDITIONING/HEATING: Factory or Manufacturer-authorized air conditioning installations only. Air Conditioning
Compressor; Clutch; Coil; Condenser; Front Evaporator; Rear Evaporator; Receiver-Drier; Expansion Valve; Hoses and Lines; Low
Pressure Cut-off Switch; High Pressure Cut-off Switch; Clutch Cycling Switch; Front Instrument Panel Control Assembly; Rear
Instrument Panel Control Assembly; Power Module; Blend Air Door Actuators and Motors; Housing; Front and Rear Air
Conditioning/Heater Blower Motor; Blower Motor Resistor; Heater Core; Seals and Gaskets.
ENGINE COOLING & FUEL: Cooling Fan, Clutch and Motor; Radiator; Coolant Temperature Switch; Fuel Pump; Water Pump and
Housing; Active Grille Shutter System; Fuel Tank Sending Unit; Fuel Pressure Regulator; Fuel Pressure Sensor; Fuel Tank and Lines;
Serpentine Belt Tensioner; Engine Oil Cooler; Transmission Oil Cooler; EGR Cooler; Evaporative Emissions Leak Detection Pump
and Monitor; Knock Sensor, Oxygen Sensor, Emissions Maintenance Reminder Module; Intake Air Temperature Sensor, Vapor
Canister and Hoses; Seals and Gaskets.
FRONT SUSPENSION: Shocks; Shock Mounts; Struts; Strut Mounts, Bushings and Bearings; Upper and Lower Control Arms;
Control Arm Bushings; Thrust Arms; Upper and Lower Ball Joints; Coil Springs; Torsion Bars; Air Suspension System; Front Wheel
REAR SUSPENSION: Rear Leaf Springs; Rear Coil Springs; Auxiliary Springs; Spring Interliner; Spring Bushing; Spring Shackle;
U-Bolt Rear Spring; Spring Hanger; Axle Trac Bar; Lateral Link Arm; Shocks; Shock Mount Plate; Struts; Strut Mounting Plates; Strut
Bushings; Rear Trailing Arm Assembly; Rear Torsion Arms; Rear Torsion Bars; Rear Stabilizer/Sway Bar; Rear Stabilizer/Sway Bar
Link; Rear Stabilizer/Sway Bar Bushing; Rear Wheel Bearings.
BRAKES: Master Cylinder, Assist Booster; Wheel Cylinders; Disc Brake Calipers and Pistons; Brake Lines, Hoses, Fittings;
Proportioning Valve; Seals and Gaskets.
NOTE: BRAKE SHOES, PADS, ROTORS, AND DRUMS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME.
ANTI-LOCK BRAKES (ABS): Brake System’s Hydraulic Assembly; Pump Motor Assembly; Controller; Sensors and Relays; Seals
ELECTRICAL: Starter Motor and Solenoid; Generator (Alternator); Engine Control Module - (Single Module Engine Controller)
(SMEC); Powertrain Control Module; Distributor; Ignition Module; Ignition Coil; Coil Pack Assembly; Voltage Regulator; Horn and
Horn Pad; Transmission Control Module; All Wiring Harnesses; Electronic Fuel Injection System (excluding clogged injectors);
Windshield Wiper Motor; Rear Window Wiper Motor; Wiper Control Module; Manually Operated Electrical Switches; Neutral Safety
Switch; Temperature Sending Unit/Switch; Oil Level and Oil Pressure Sending Unit/Switch; Body Computer; Body Control Module;
Factory Installed Radio, Speakers and Rear Entertainment Systems (Includes CD and DVD Player); Factory Installed Navigation
Systems (excludes navigation disc); Audio Amplifier; Height Adjustment Compressor; Gateway Module; Ignition Module, Factory
Installed U-Connect System.
NOTE: HEADPHONES ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME.
INSTRUMENTATION: Electronic Instrument Cluster; Amp/Voltmeter Gauge; Fuel Gauge; Temperature Gauge; Tachometer; Oil
Pressure Gauge; Turbo Gauge; Speedometer.
KEY FOB: Subject to the limitations in this provision, the Plan provides (i) coverage for up to three key fob repairs or replacements,
and (ii) a total key fob coverage benefit of $600, which limit applies notwithstanding the cost per repair or per replacement of the key
fob for the Covered Vehicle. Key fob coverage is available even if this component is lost or stolen, and this coverage is not subject to
the deductible that applies to repair visits for covered components.
NOTE: FAILURE OF A KEY FOB BATTERY DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A MECHANICAL FAILURE OF THE KEY FOB.
POWER GROUP: Rear Window Defroster; Power Window Motors; Power Window Flex Track; Power Antenna; Power Seat Motors;
Power Door Locks and Linkage; Power Sliding Rear Window Motor and Regulator (Trucks); Power Sliding Door Motors; Power
Liftgate; Vacuum Pump.
LUXURY GROUP: Keyless Entry Sensors and Receiver/Module; Trip Computer; Message Center; Overhead Electronic Vehicle
Information Center; Overhead Electronic Compass/Temperature; Power Sunroof Motor; Convertible Top Motor; Electric Mirror Motor
and Controls; Cruise Control Servo; Headlight Door Motor; Concealed Headlamp Module; Park Assist Module; Park Assist Sensors;
Back Up Assist Camera; Door Latches; Heated Seat Systems; Factory Installed Remote Start System; Heated Steering Wheel;
In-Vehicle Wireless Charging Station; USB Outlets; 120V Outlets.
ENGINE EMISSIONS: Air Pump; Air Supply Hose; Leak Detection Pump; Evaporative System Detector/Monitor; Vapor Canister; Air
Injection Valve; EGR Valve; EGR Cooler; Aspirator Tube; Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor; EGR Tube; Purge Solenoid; Knock Sensor;
Oxygen Sensor; Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) System.
NOTE: CATALYTIC CONVERTOR AND PARTICULATE FILTER ARE NOT COVERED.
SAFETY SYSTEMS: Airbags (excluding deployed airbags); Impact Sensors; Occupancy Sensors; Seatbelt Retractors; Seat Belt
Buckles; Modules; Sensors; and Switches.
NOTE: AIR BAGS THAT HAVE BEEN DEPLOYED ARE NOT COVERED AT ANYTIME.
MOPAR ACCESSORIES: All electrical and mechanical Mopar accessories are covered provided they were installed by an authorized
Dealer; Audio Systems (including Compact Disc Players); Sirius Satellite Radio; Speed Control; EVS (Security Systems); Clocks;
Remote Trunk Release; Transmission Oil Cooler; Remote Control Outside Mirrors; Power Sliding Rear Window Assembly (Trucks);
Rear Seat Video Entertainment Systems (including DVD Players); Remote Start System (excluding transmitters); MoparConnect.
NOTE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE PARTS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME
MOPAR LIFT KIT COVERAGE: If you purchased this coverage as shown on the front page, you have coverage for Mopar lift kits
and related parts that are professionally installed, including performance parts pertaining to the lift kit (maximum 4 inch combined
lift). If the Mopar Lift Kit coverage is not indicated on the front page, there is no coverage.
OTHER PLAN BENEFITS: The Plan also provides the following Trip Interruption, First Day Rental, Rental Allowance, Taxi
Reimbursement, and Roadside Assistance benefits.
TRIP INTERRUPTION: The Plan will pay up to $1,000 for lodging, meals, and emergency transportation such as taxi, bus, or airline
for you and your family if (1) your vehicle is inoperable due to a failure covered under this Plan or under the factory warranty, and (2)
you are more than 100 miles from the address of record. Lodging, meals and car rental receipts must accompany a copy of repair bill
and must be either faxed to 833-990-0064 or emailed to [email protected]
. If this is not an option, you can mail to
Vehicle Protection, P.O. Box 2700, Troy, Michigan 48007-2700. Please be advised that the mail in process is a longer process.
FIRST DAY RENTAL: First Day Rental Allowance provides up to $35.00 car rental allowance if the Vehicle is to be serviced for any
mechanical repair or maintenance service. Please note: Excludes rental for bodywork to the exterior sheet metal/composite panel or
RENTAL ALLOWANCE: Rental Allowance will pay up to $35.00 per day for a rental any time repairs take overnight, and a
component covered by the Plan or the manufacturer’s Basic or Powertrain Warranty fails.
The Plan will not pay for rental charges for a vehicle that is awaiting service or parts unless the vehicle is inoperable due to a
mechanical failure of a covered component, or unless continued operation would cause further damage.
The rental vehicle must be obtained from a Dealer. If a Dealer does not have rental vehicles available, you may obtain one from a
licensed rental agency. Rental coverage is subject to state and local laws and policies imposed by the rental agency. Rental charges
in excess of the amount allowed by the Plan are your responsibility. The Plan is not responsible for any refusal of a rental agency to
rent a vehicle to you.
Total Rental Allowance per occurrence is a maximum of 5 days or $175.00.
TAXI REIMBURSEMENT: Coverage starts on the date you purchase the Plan. The Plan provides up to a $35.00 for taxi cab fare, in
lieu of First Day Rental if the vehicle is to be serviced for any same day mechanical or maintenance service.
When a loaner car is not available, or you are not eligible for a rental car, the Plan will pay up to $35.00 per day for taxi service, in
lieu of car rental, any time mechanical repairs take overnight.
Taxi receipts must be from a licensed taxi service provider. Taxi charges in excess of the amount allowed by the Plan are your
Total Rental/Taxi Service Allowance per occurrence is a maximum of 5 days or $175.00.
NOTE: YOU MUST CALL 888-517-4500 FOR THIS SERVICE.
The Plan provides assistance due to a disablement caused by any mechanical failure and in addition, the Plan provides coverage for
such items as towing to the nearest Dealer or authorized repair facility, flat tire change (with your good spare), battery jump, out of
gas delivery (maximum 2 gallons), lockout service i.e. keys locked in car or frozen lock, to a maximum of $100, per occurrence. Any
expense beyond $100 is your responsibility at the time and site of service. Towing assistance will be dispatched only for mechanical
disablements which renders the vehicle inoperative. (See exclusions under “THE PLAN WILL NOT COVER.”)
This service is provided to you as part of your Plan to minimize any unforeseen vehicle operation inconvenience and is available 24
hours per day, 365 days per year.
THE PLAN WILL NOT COVER, OR APPLY TO LOSS OR EXPENSE RESULTING FROM:
• Repairs or replacement of any component covered by any of the Vehicle manufacturer warranties, Certified Warranty,
part manufacturer warranties or recall policies; roadside assistance, loaner vehicles or other services which are eligible
to be covered by the Vehicle’s manufacturer warranty or marketing programs;
• Repairs required as a result of other than a manufacturing defect (such as a design defect or normal wear);
• Repair or replacement of any covered component when it has been determined that the condition existed prior to
purchasing the Plan;
• Plan benefits where the Vehicle odometer reading has been stopped or altered and/or the Vehicle’s actual mileage
cannot be readily determined;
• Brake pads, shoes, rotors and drums are not covered at any time (regardless of cause of failure);
• Reimbursement of services/benefits that exceed the total number of services/allowance included in Plan Coverage;
• Battery and cables; any battery for a component; spark plugs and wires; lights (bulb, sealed beams, lenses);
suspension alignment; wheel balancing; wiper blades; catalytic converter, particulate filter and any other exhaust
system components; heat shields and exhaust hangers; throttle body cleaning; evaporator deodorizing; carbon
• High voltage battery is not covered at any time (regardless of cause of failure);
• Repairs due to any alterations or modifications to the Vehicle not approved or recommended by the manufacturer,
including but not limited to: (a) failure of any custom or add-on / aftermarket part (unless listed as a specific covered
part); (b) emissions and/or exhaust systems modifications; engine modifications, transmission modifications, and/or
drive axle modifications, which includes any performance modifications; (c) oversized/undersized tires; (d) all frame or
suspension modifications; (e) aftermarket lift kits; (f) Mopar lift kits (unless you have purchased this coverage as
shown on the first page);
• Lift kits that exceed four (4) inches unless you have purchased Mopar Lift Kit Coverage as shown on the first page;
repairs to covered components that are the direct result of the failure of a lift kit that exceeds four (4) inches unless you
have purchased Mopar Lift Kit coverage as shown on the first page;
• Repairs to covered components that are the direct result of the failure of alterations or modifications not recommended
by the manufacturer;
• Plan benefits necessary as a result of (a) failure to properly care for or maintain the Vehicle; (b) fire, accident, abuse,
vandalism, negligence, Acts of Terrorism or Act of God including but not limited to the Vehicle rendered inoperable due
to snow, ice or flood; (c) failure to properly operate the Vehicle; (d) Vehicles that have been used or are being used for
competitive speed events such as races or acceleration trials; (e) pulling a trailer that exceeds the rated capacity of the
Vehicle or failure to adhere to the requirements for vehicles used to pull a trailer as outlined in the owner manual
supplied by the manufacturer; (f) tampering with the emission system or with any parts that could affect that system;
(g) use of dirty fluids, or fuels, refrigerants or other fluids which are not recommended by the manufacturer; (h) failure
due to fluid contamination or sludge; (i) modifications not approved or recommended by the manufacturer; (j)
overloading rated payload capacity of the Vehicle; (k) damage incurred by off-road usage; (l) rust, salt, corrosion,
overheating, water intrusions/leaks, acid rain, chemicals, tree sap, hail, flood, lightning, fire, windstorm, earthquakes or
other environmental causes or acts of nature;
• Fasteners, bolts and attaching hardware that does not attach a covered component to another covered component;
• Repairs to a covered component where the component has been restricted by the manufacturer; repairs that are the
direct result of the failure of a component that has been restricted by the manufacturer;
• Repairs caused by pre-ignition detonation, pinging, improper/contaminated fuel including fuels containing more than
10% ethanol (if the engine was not manufactured for this mixture);
• Plan service obtained from other than a Dealer unless authorization is first received from us. FCA US Vehicles must
return to a FCA US LLC Dealer for Plan covered repairs; (Dealers cannot authorize repairs.)
• Repairs required as a result of use of other than the Vehicle manufacturer’s parts during the term of the
Plan, unless authorized by us;
• Repairs to a covered component caused by the failure of a non-covered component and/or an aftermarket installation
not performed by a Dealer, or any outside installation of "salvage or junk" components in conjunction with an
insurance or damage claim. All part installations to satisfy such claims must be with new or factory authorized
remanufactured components and parts;
• Bodily injury or property damage arising or allegedly arising out of a defect in the design, manufacture, materials or
workmanship of a covered component;
• Any fines, fees or taxes which are associated with impound towing as a result of actual or alleged violation of any laws
• Plan benefits to Vehicles operated outside of the United States, Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico and Mexico;
• Plan benefits to Vehicles registered outside of the United States, Guam and Puerto Rico;
• Exterior - tires; trim; name plates; appliques; body sheet metal; glass; plastic lenses; paint; bright metal; bumpers;
side-view mirrors (glass/ housing); wheel covers; steel wheels; aluminum wheels; rusted or frozen rims; weather strips;
rust; water leaks; restricted drain tubes; wind noises; all outer body panels; spoilers; plastic and fiberglass body parts;
vinyl tops; convertible top fabric; repairs or damage caused by environmental factors such as acid rain, tree sap, salt or
• Interior - trim; carpet; upholstery; dash pad; door and window handles; knobs; buttons; moldings; arm rests and head
liner; cargo cover; cosmetic appearance; torn/worn/soiled;
• Mechanical - manual clutch assembly; clutch disc, pressure plate, clutch release bearing and pilot bearing (manual
transmission); damage to flywheel as a result of a clutch failure; repairs to snow plows, winches and trailer hitches
regardless of their installation;
• Cost or expenses for teardown, rental, inspection or diagnosis of failures not covered by the Plan;
• Shop supplies, waste disposal fees and materials;
• Repairs to any Vehicle where the title has become branded or the Vehicle has become restricted by the manufacturer
after the purchase of the Plan;
• Maintenance services specified in the owner’s manual and the parts used in connection with such services;
• Repairs to a covered component caused by the failure of a non-covered component and/or an aftermarket installation
not performed by an authorized Dealer;
• Repairs or replacement to components covered by the Hybrid System Limited Warranty (refer to Warranty booklet for
• Hybrid components: hybrid charging system; hybrid electric cooling system; hybrid power invertor system;
• Portable Units including but not limited to - headphones; I-Pods; GPS units; DVD players; laptop computers; cellular
phones; any hand-held device; Navigation DVD; spare tire compressor and tire sealant;
• Repair or replacement of Performance parts, Performance enhancing parts, repairs to covered components that are the
direct result of failure of a performance part (except for parts pertaining to lift kits if you purchased Lift Kit coverage as
shown on the first page);
• Any economic loss of any kind, including but not limited to rental car expenses, consequential damages, incidental
damages, or other losses that relate in any manner to your use or loss of use of the Covered Vehicle.