2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new 2020 Pacifica Touring L. I had an '06 Prius that I LOVED! But after 250k miles, I decided to provide it to another family that needed it and get a new vehicle to fit some of my needs.

I got this vehicle largely due to it being one of the few (or only) vehicles that I could:
  • fit a full 4x8 sheet of plywood in it
  • tow 3000 lb
  • have android auto
  • can fit 40" tall machines and tools in it
I didn't realize that by taking a car that had the compressor option I was giving up the spare tire. I also didn't realize it didn't come with some removable mat that I could put over the whole area with the seats down - as I will normally be transporting cargo and not people.

So I am looking for suggestions! I'd hate to just shove in a tarp because that'd be pretty ugly, and don't really want to custom cut some garage mat tiles to fit in the cargo space. A quick look around and I'm only finding this as an option: Chrysler Pacifica Cargo Area Liner (Part No: 82214535AB) - any other suggestions?

I'm going to be looking into doing the swap for the compressor to the spare tire. It'll stink to lose the shelving, but I want to leave all the seats stowed most of the time. I see lots of forum posts referencing the swap out, but am having trouble finding where to buy the spare tire kits and/or a youtube video of the swap. It's be great if anyone has advice.

Any other QoL purchases I would want to consider? Besides transporting full sheets of plywood and tools, I may occasionally be transporting my dog on cross country drives =)

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
223 Posts
Just curious. Your signature lists the inflatable spare tire kit as an option. Are you listing what you will have after adding it? If your build sheet shows the inflatable spare tire kit, it should be there. FYI it is not the same option as the emergency tire inflator that came with my Pac.

·
Registered
2020 Luxury White Pearl Pacifica Touring L Plus
42 Posts
Welcome @ahartnet! I've had my 2020 for two days and my head is spinning looking addons.

If you're loading: the rear bumper protector is something you should look into: https://www.amazon.com/Dawn-Enterprises-Protector-Compatible-Chrysler/dp/B079NNBBCB

Here are some other liners (non-mopar): Amazon.com : pacifica rear liner

On my old Odyssey, I used a tarp solution which did the job. Got if from Costco, it was a tarp that had the ability to protect up the sides of the cargo area. something like this: CarGo Apron: Full Coverage Cargo Liner

Yah, mine didn't come with a spare either, kinda bummed.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I have Cargo Area Liner and I like it a lot. I fold every seat and this tucks in nicely in the back and on the sides. Removed easily too when I want to clean it or use the van for cargo.
John

·
Registered
102 Posts
I use a RevTime 5x8 yoga mat - $149 on Amazon. Lay it in place and cut two small notches by side door so it lays flat

·
Registered
102 Posts
You can roll it up easily and take it out, flip over sections to expose seats, or section it if you want. Here’s the notches:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Oh yea - it won’t discolor the carpet and it’s waterproof

·
Registered
102 Posts
Weathertech window covers if your camping or want privacy, or want to keep interior cooler

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you’re driving cross country, worried about bathrooms and the virus, and you have the window screens:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yes it’s a portable toilet grin

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
8 Posts
I admit I like the look of the bumper protector, I have a different solution to the other things mentioned here including the camping part :) and they are just not feasible for mentioning here. However the couple of times I have wanted to get into the back of the Pacifica I have been concerned about the bumper paint.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Best idea I saw for protection while hauling was a bagster:
Seems like a great idea.

Reactions: panoguy

·
Registered
2020 35th Anniversary Limited | Luxury White Pearl | Towing | 8 Passenger | HK Sound | Advanced Safe
4 Posts
I use a RevTime 5x8 yoga mat - $149 on Amazon. Lay it in place and cut two small notches by side door so it lays flat
View attachment 43736
Hi all,

What are the two square-shaped metal pieces for? The ones just behind the yoga mat towards the edges of the picture? I'm in the market for a Pacifica and nobody at the dealership knew. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
223 Posts
Hi all,

What are the two square-shaped metal pieces for? The ones just behind the yoga mat towards the edges of the picture? I'm in the market for a Pacifica and nobody at the dealership knew. Thanks.
They appear to be attachment points for a cargo net if you have the third row raised up/not stowed. You will see attachment hooks on the back of those third row seats for the other side of a cargo net.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Got a new 2020 Pacifica Touring L. I had an '06 Prius that I LOVED! But after 250k miles, I decided to provide it to another family that needed it and get a new vehicle to fit some of my needs.

I got this vehicle largely due to it being one of the few (or only) vehicles that I could:
  • fit a full 4x8 sheet of plywood in it
  • tow 3000 lb
  • have android auto
  • can fit 40" tall machines and tools in it
I didn't realize that by taking a car that had the compressor option I was giving up the spare tire. I also didn't realize it didn't come with some removable mat that I could put over the whole area with the seats down - as I will normally be transporting cargo and not people.

So I am looking for suggestions! I'd hate to just shove in a tarp because that'd be pretty ugly, and don't really want to custom cut some garage mat tiles to fit in the cargo space. A quick look around and I'm only finding this as an option: Chrysler Pacifica Cargo Area Liner (Part No: 82214535AB) - any other suggestions?

I'm going to be looking into doing the swap for the compressor to the spare tire. It'll stink to lose the shelving, but I want to leave all the seats stowed most of the time. I see lots of forum posts referencing the swap out, but am having trouble finding where to buy the spare tire kits and/or a youtube video of the swap. It's be great if anyone has advice.

Any other QoL purchases I would want to consider? Besides transporting full sheets of plywood and tools, I may occasionally be transporting my dog on cross country drives =)
There are a few spare tire threads if you use the search feature. I ordered my inflatable spare and trim piece through the dealer to save on shipping costs. You will still need the compressor to inflate the spare tire if you ever have to use it. The spare can fit in a stow n go well (in gas Pacificas) if you want to put it there instead of getting rid of the shelf. If you put it where the shelf is, you will need a trim piece to cover the spare. Check to see if it is included when pricing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts