2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring L
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got our new 2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring L about 2 months ago and it's been frustrating to say the least. Shortly after we bought it, the Famcam started having intermittent issues then ultimately would only show a blue screen. The dealership ended up replacing the wiring harness to the camera which fixed that issue.

Now, however, we're having multiple issues.
-The Uconnect freezes every now and then.
-Sometimes the rear entertainment settings don't show on the front screen.
-Sometimes we're unable to start the vehicle. It says it's on "run" and let's you shift into gear, but then doesn't go anywhere. Then you have to turn it off and back on, sometimes multiple times, to get it to actually start.
-Sometimes the power sliding doors/hatch don't open
-Sometimes the hands free for opening feature doesn't work
-Then there are the Uconnect issues others have mentioned - lack of profiles, update info, freezing, phone issues, etc.

Since this seems mainly electronic, could it all be firmware related and possibly fixed in a future update? Unfortunately, everything is intermittent so the dealership is pointless for a lot if it.

·
Registered
2020 Pac Hybrid Limited, Tech Pkg
247 Posts
-Sometimes we're unable to start the vehicle. It says it's on "run" and let's you shift into gear, but then doesn't go anywhere. Then you have to turn it off and back on, sometimes multiple times, to get it to actually start.
From other threads, it appears an interim workaround when this happens is to simply wait longer before attempting another restart. I also suggest open/close the drivers door during the pause.

·
Registered
2021 hybrid touring L+S
7 Posts
Sorry to hear your experience there. We have a 2021 touring L as well, and have not had any issues so far. The hands free sliding doors thing is inconsistent—the best I can tell is that the kick movement has to be a certain way. I pretty much tap the underside of the van with my toes and it works consistently. Auto start also caused us some confusion: it’s been snowy here and I started the van with auto start, only to have to start it again before it would move when ready to drive. Then I read that the vehicle shuts itself off after 10-15 minutes. So I’d hop in and have to start it again. So we are still figuring out some of the features, but no big issues.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
It’s a kick for the doors and not a foot swipe . When you say hatch won’t open from the fob, latch or foot sensor ?

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring L
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s a kick for the doors and not a foot swipe . When you say hatch won’t open from the fob, latch or foot sensor ?
Sometimes from the latch or foot sensor. Also, sometimes the button on the inside doesn't close it.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Foot sensor is a kick in and not a swipe . Make sure you squarely push button in on the inner door b post inside . The door if you tug on handle should cycle open or closed , just make sure the door is properly latched to begin with .

·
Registered
52 Posts
We have a 2021 hybrid and I would characterize the software as late stage beta of an ambitious set of applications. I get occasional freezes, drops of the wireless android auto and other beta type things.

Because Chrysler knows they can remotely update the software they likely felt more comfortable selling an unfinished system. Let's hope they follow through.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid/Luxury White Pearl-Coat/Mocha/Black Interior /Premium &Safety Sphere Group
9 Posts
Just 1 day old 2021 Pacifica hybrid and I am already experiencing the rear hatch not reclosing after opening with the key fob or with overhead button in cabin; didn't know the hands free sliding door was a kick and not swiping foot back and forth, I appreciate that information, as I was waving my foot back and forth..nothing happened!

·
Registered
32 Posts
We just got our new 2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring L about 2 months ago and it's been frustrating to say the least. Shortly after we bought it, the Famcam started having intermittent issues then ultimately would only show a blue screen. The dealership ended up replacing the wiring harness to the camera which fixed that issue.

Now, however, we're having multiple issues.
-The Uconnect freezes every now and then.
-Sometimes the rear entertainment settings don't show on the front screen.
-Sometimes the power sliding doors/hatch don't open
-Sometimes the hands free for opening feature doesn't work
-Then there are the Uconnect issues others have mentioned - lack of profiles, update info, freezing, phone issues, etc.

Since this seems mainly electronic, could it all be firmware related and possibly fixed in a future update? Unfortunately, everything is intermittent so the dealership is pointless for a lot if it.
Not being able to start the vehicle is obviously problematic and you're not alone in having that problem with a brand new vehicle.

Check out these two threads below - the first one is mine and the second one was started by Kbaum but check out the issues that PNWipa was experiencing. What he experienced appears to be similar to mine, with similar DTC codes. I had my BPCM flashed and he had his PCM module replaced. Mine seems to be driving fine. PNWipa hasn't updated so I'm assuming his vehicle is fine now. Hopefully our collective experience will be helpful to you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts