2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone!
Looking forward to learning from this community as well as sharing my journey with you all!
We are expecting our second child in January so we are happy to add some extra space!

I have a YouTube channel (youtube.com/detachedgarage) That will be documenting the building of my Detached Garage as well as the upgrades to my current garage. Looking forward to getting some more information from this group regarding charging, and modifications they have done to their Pacifica Hyrbid! I'm already thinking about headlights and other modifications. Below is a view of the current garage setup! Let me know what you guys think! -- CHEERS!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hey Everyone!
Looking forward to learning from this community as well as sharing my journey with you all!
We are expecting our second child in January so we are happy to add some extra space!

View attachment 42407

I have a YouTube channel (youtube.com/detachedgarage) That will be documenting the building of my Detached Garage as well as the upgrades to my current garage. Looking forward to getting some more information from this group regarding charging, and modifications they have done to their Pacifica Hyrbid! I'm already thinking about headlights and other modifications. Below is a view of the current garage setup! Let me know what you guys think! -- CHEERS!

View attachment 42408
Interesting! You have lights mounted on the inside of the garage door?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting! You have lights mounted on the inside of the garage door?
Yeah! They are a pretty good product. I did a four part video series on them. This is the first video (
) that covers the unboxing.

They did pretty well through the summer. Looking forward to seeing how they hold up through the winter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome and lots of great info on the site . Happy motoring from your friends in Canada 🇨🇦
Thanks so much! Looking forward to learning a lot, I can already tell I like this forums UI better than others I have been a part of. - CHEERS from your southern neighbor lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
I found one of the last 2018 Limited models in the country that was still new with the features I wanted in Massachusetts. I worked with a local dealer in Waukesha, Wisconsin (Wilde Dodge) and had a dealer transfer done.
Huh!

So you didn't have to drive or fly, but got it transferred from one Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealer to another?!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Huh!

So you didn't have to drive or fly, but got it transferred from one Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealer to another?!
Yeah! It was a pretty awesome deal! Most dealers will do dealer trades within a certain distance. This was a little outside of the normal distance, but they still went with it. It was a little bit of a hassle to negotiate, but I was able to get it done. My original plan was to fly out and drive it back, but they were able to work a deal. Are you looking at new or used?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Nice looking ride and garage. I had a dealer swap on mine from another state as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah! It was a pretty awesome deal! Most dealers will do dealer trades within a certain distance. This was a little outside of the normal distance, but they still went with it. It was a little bit of a hassle to negotiate, but I was able to get it done. My original plan was to fly out and drive it back, but they were able to work a deal. Are you looking at new or used?
Used. Don't know if they'll still do a transfer....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Used. Don't know if they'll still do a transfer....
They usually don't for used, but it never hurts to ask if they want to make a trade. It will be more difficult with used though. Market pricing is rather crazy on used Hybrids though. If you want CPO you are paying $37-$39K and you can get a new one with incentives and the $7,500 credit for less than a CPO. The non CPO's are around the 30's.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice looking ride and garage. I had a dealer swap on mine from another state as well.
Thanks so much! I'm debating what level II charger to put in. I saw your siemens write up. I've been trying to get more info out of Chargestorm (purchased by Ctek) about their charger. I like how you can vary the charge rate with an app. I don't want to always shovel level II electrons in as fast as possible all the time. Sometimes I only need level 1 and it is better for the battery life. Thoughts?

·
Registered
16 Posts
They usually don't for used, but it never hurts to ask if they want to make a trade. It will be more difficult with used though. Market pricing is rather crazy on used Hybrids though. If you want CPO you are paying $37-$39K and you can get a new one with incentives and the $7,500 credit for less than a CPO. The non CPO's are around the 30's.
I'm sorry....newb question, but what is CPO?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Thanks so much! I'm debating what level II charger to put in. I saw your siemens write up. I've been trying to get more info out of Chargestorm (purchased by Ctek) about their charger. I like how you can vary the charge rate with an app. I don't want to always shovel level II electrons in as fast as possible all the time. Sometimes I only need level 1 and it is better for the battery life. Thoughts?
There are some folks here that claim that a Level 1 charger uses more electricity to charge the car because you deal with things like voltage drop and other charging inefficiencies for a longer period of time. I believe this to an extent but have not verified it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There are some folks here that claim that a Level 1 charger uses more electricity to charge the car because you deal with things like voltage drop and other charging inefficiencies for a longer period of time. I believe this to an extent but have not verified it.
Very interesting! I'd love to see a test on it. I'm more concerned about the longevity of the battery and battery health. Most of the time level 1 will be fine. Other times I'll want level 1.5 and then a small percentage of the time I'll need the speed of level 2.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Very interesting! I'd love to see a test on it. I'm more concerned about the longevity of the battery and battery health. Most of the time level 1 will be fine. Other times I'll want level 1.5 and then a small percentage of the time I'll need the speed of level 2.
Well, we have a Level 2 charger in the garage and for our situation it has come in very handy. There are days where we will use most of our juice up in the morning, come home and charge it up for a couple of hours and then head out in the afternoon/evening. But if your wife is mainly using the van to go back and forth to work each day and you don’t have a need for fast charging then you’ll be fine with a Level 1.

Another point: most L2 units have the ability to set the maximum charging current. I believe mine has at least four lower amperage settings (lower than 30 amps).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, we have a Level 2 charger in the garage and for our situation it has come in very handy. There are days where we will use most of our juice up in the morning, come home and charge it up for a couple of hours and then head out in the afternoon/evening. But if your wife is mainly using the van to go back and forth to work each day and you don’t have a need for fast charging then you’ll be fine with a Level 1.

Another point: most L2 units have the ability to set the maximum charging current. I believe mine has at least four lower amperage settings (lower than 30 amps).
Good to know on the lower amperage settings! That is exactly what I'm looking for as long as it is easy to change. I certainly could have used the full 30amps on my way to Iowa this weekend. Got home from work and packed for 45 min. Would have been nice to almost get to a 50% charge status before leaving.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found one of the last 2018 Limited models in the country that was still new with the features I wanted in Massachusetts. I worked with a local dealer in Waukesha, Wisconsin (Wilde Dodge) and had a dealer transfer done.
Can you help me find a Pacifica Hybrid limed with advanced safety tech package that has black seats? All I found are vans with white seats. I have looked extensively and I cannot find any on dealer lots. I tried cars.com, car guru.com, auto trader, etc without success. I know I can always order a 2020 model. My local dealers says they can only search and dealer trade in 300 miles radius. Thank You !

1 - 20 of 31 Posts