2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Very interesting! I'd love to see a test on it. I'm more concerned about the longevity of the battery and battery health. Most of the time level 1 will be fine. Other times I'll want level 1.5 and then a small percentage of the time I'll need the speed of level 2.
You mentioned level 1.5 and it reminded me of something you may not be aware of yet. The stock 120v EVSE that is included with the PacHy will work just fine at 240v and can charge your car twice as fast. It apparently was designed to accept either 120v or 240v on its input and a number of people here (including myself) have taken advantage of that fact. You can either build (or buy) an adapter cable as many have done or you can wire a dedicated 120v receptacle with 240v (as I have done). I used a 20-amp receptacle which is a little beefier than a 15-amp and it is a dedicated receptacle at my shop where the EVSE is plugged in 24/7. The EVSE then technically becomes a Level 2 and I can add about 20% charge per hour to my van.

·
Registered
469 Posts
You mentioned level 1.5 and it reminded me of something you may not be aware of yet. The stock 120v EVSE that is included with the PacHy will work just fine at 240v and can charge your car twice as fast. It apparently was designed to accept either 120v or 240v on its input and a number of people here (including myself) have taken advantage of that fact. You can either build (or buy) an adapter cable as many have done or you can wire a dedicated 120v receptacle with 240v (as I have done). I used a 20-amp receptacle which is a little beefier than a 15-amp and it is a dedicated receptacle at my shop where the EVSE is plugged in 24/7. The EVSE then technically becomes a Level 2 and I can add about 20% charge per hour to my van.
I forgot to attach a photo...
D04616ED-6632-418D-8CCC-5175F708C103.jpeg

·
Registered
359 Posts
I just viewed a new 17 platinum with like 80 miles in Washington on line , had white interior seats. I don’t know about you but who gets white seats ?. At the factory and dealership they may look amazing but in everyday life “not so much “... lol..

·
Registered
469 Posts
I just viewed a new 17 platinum with like 80 miles in Washington on line , had white interior seats. I don’t know about you but who gets white seats ?. At the factory and dealership they may look amazing but in everyday life “not so much “... lol..
We have the white seats in our 2018 PacHy. Well, they’re not really white. They’re an off-white creamy color but close enough. And it is true that white is harder to keep looking clean but now after a year and about 15,000 miles they still look quite nice. But I go over them with leather conditioner/cleaner about once a week.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Can you help me find a Pacifica Hybrid limed with advanced safety tech package that has black seats? All I found are vans with white seats. I have looked extensively and I cannot find any on dealer lots. I tried cars.com, car guru.com, auto trader, etc without success. I know I can always order a 2020 model. My local dealers says they can only search and dealer trade in 300 miles radius. Thank You !

Check that out.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was sceptical about white interior at first also but after having black leather in my T&C and living in Phoenix, I prefer cleaning more often vs burning my legs when I get in.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
You might like my Garage but I’m unsure of the theme your going for?

Its more of a race shop.

It’s equipped with custom brushed stainless workbench that wraps around two walls with full double rollerized tool drawers storage cabinets for supplies and parts and a 38” mid-rise hydraulic hoist to boot. It lifts my car to the ceiling and is perfect for powertrain, exhaust, chassis and storage.

I only have pics of it during my engine build at the moment.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
You might like my Garage but I’m unsure of the theme your going for?

Its more of a race shop.

It’s equipped with custom brushed stainless workbench that wraps around two walls with full double rollerized tool drawers storage cabinets for supplies and parts and a 38” mid-rise hydraulic hoist to boot. It lifts my car to the ceiling and is perfect for powertrain, exhaust, chassis and storage.

I only have pics of it during my engine build at the moment.

View attachment 42471
View attachment 42472
View attachment 42474
Awesome Setup! Thanks so much for sharing and helping fill the world with awesome garages! What type of build are you going for with the car? Time attack, Drag strip, Auto X, etc?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Awesome Setup! Thanks so much for sharing and helping fill the world with awesome garages! What type of build are you going for with the car? Time attack, Drag strip, Auto X, etc?
It’s a 900whp turbo 4 cylinder 2.0L race Honda setup for road-course use, its got a state of the art turbo for no lag..

I’ll spare the details, except that it’s a violent beast - Its geared for 200mph @ 9000rpm, builds boost by 4000rpm and redlines at 11,000rpm!

However, this vehicle is technically street legal, it is intended only for trackday and motorsport club racing. The beauty in this is that the club I’m with runs the groups by lap time so I get to shame the v12’s.

Nothing career based or sanctioned - I wanted the freedom to prototype my own parts and test‘n tune freely.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It’s a 900whp turbo 4 cylinder 2.0L race Honda setup for road-course use, its got a state of the art turbo for no lag..

I’ll spare the details, except that it’s a violent beast - Its geared for 200mph @ 9000rpm, builds boost by 4000rpm and redlines at 11,000rpm!

However, this vehicle is technically street legal, it is intended only for trackday and motorsport club racing. The beauty in this is that the club I’m with runs the groups by lap time so I get to shame the v12’s.

Nothing career based or sanctioned - I wanted the freedom to prototype my own parts and test‘n tune freely.

View attachment 42475
View attachment 42476
View attachment 42481
So awesome! Well done!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts