2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone!

Our team is here to announce that Customer Satisfaction Notification (CSN) Z76 has just been published in response to the ongoing P0E15 concerns for 2021 MY PHEV Pacificas. We understand that you may have questions and are more than happy to address them here or via private message in combination with your Chrysler dealership. Thank you for your patience and we hope to reconnect with you shortly!

Hannah
Chrysler Cares

Font Screenshot Parallel Number Media

·
Registered
2021 Hybrid Limited "S"
406 Posts
THIS is the recall my dealer told me I had, that I didn't even know about. I couldn't even find any info on it either and was about to post asking about it too.
I just had it done yesterday though! (along with the Z22 latch one)

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Advanced Safetytec, No Sunroof, white exterior, Alloy Seats
87 Posts
If "the plug-in hybrid portion of the power train" is inoperative, then the van never runs on electricity or that is what it sounds like to me. It would be obvious, wouldn't it?

I guess I am misinterpreting that sentence in the recall.

·
Registered
2021 Hybrid Limited "S"
406 Posts
So how do we know if our vehicle is covered in this CSN? Post card in the mail or do I need to head to the dealer?
Even though I already had it done, I just received the letter (about it) from FCA yesterday.
If "the plug-in hybrid portion of the power train" is inoperative, then the van never runs on electricity or that is what it sounds like to me. It would be obvious, wouldn't it?

I guess I am misinterpreting that sentence in the recall.
I had no issues at all.
They just automatically did it when they were doing the oil change & the Z22 (seat latch) recall.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So how do we know if our vehicle is covered in this CSN? Post card in the mail or do I need to head to the dealer?

Hello, @neland

We can assist with that. Feel free to send our team a private message with your VIN for to review. Looking forward to connecting!

Hannah
Chrysler Cares

·
Administrator
2,008 Posts
Model Year:
Gas / Hybrid:
gas
Trim:
Touring L Plus
I'm scheduled for the 31st for this.
Anything in particular to be aware of.
They did mention about giving a loaner for a couple of days.
It sounds like you are thinking of the Z11 recall for checking the Hybrid battery on 2017 and 2018 Pachys.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had dropped my 2021 PacHy this morning for this recall.

They were mixing it up with other recall which takes a couple of days, so they gave a loaner. By the time I moved my stuff and was ready to roll out, he came back and mentioned that the recall is an software update and should not take long. He was still fine with me keeping the loaner.

Ill update the thread once I get my car back.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Pinnacle Hybrid
133 Posts
Interesting. I noticed something the other day with my 2021 Hybrid Pinnacle that has had the original P0E15 recall completed back in April. When remote starting the van, with it plugged in and full battery, temperature in the low 50s, the ICE turned on. It turned on for about 3-5 minutes, for approximately a mile, and then turned off for the rest of the drive(s)/day. What does this recall do specifically?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello everyone!

Again, our team is here to listen and help streamline your recall appointment experience. Feel free to reach out for further assistance.

Hannah
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
1,159 Posts
Interesting. I noticed something the other day with my 2021 Hybrid Pinnacle that has had the original P0E15 recall completed back in April. When remote starting the van, with it plugged in and full battery, temperature in the low 50s, the ICE turned on. It turned on for about 3-5 minutes, for approximately a mile, and then turned off for the rest of the drive(s)/day. What does this recall do specifically?
Remote starting can start the ICE. If you want to guarantee the ICE stays off you have to use Scheduled Cabin Conditioning. Also starting the van at temperatures just above freezing and below without using cabin conditioning will often start the ICE. Depending on the outside temperature, the electric coolant heater going up to 7kW of output will also start the ICE.

The fix for the ECH problem is a software update and possibly a replacement of the ECH if it’s permanently locked. There are possibly some people out there that got an ECH replacement early on before the software update was released. In that case they could have the problem happen again. The software update is key to prevent the issue.

·
Registered
2021 PacHy Touring L
6 Posts
Hello everyone!

Again, our team is here to listen and help streamline your recall appointment experience. Feel free to reach out for further assistance.

Hannah
Chrysler Cares
I had an appointment with my local dealership scheduled for Tuesday. They called me tonight to cancel the appointment. They claimed that they could only install the update if the outside temperature is above 60 degrees, so I would have to wait until spring to get this update. That sounds absolutely ridiculous to me. Can you confirm if this is correct. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I had an appointment with my local dealership scheduled for Tuesday. They called me tonight to cancel the appointment. They claimed that they could only install the update if the outside temperature is above 60 degrees, so I would have to wait until spring to get this update. That sounds absolutely ridiculous to me. Can you confirm if this is correct. Thanks!
Oh my god. This is why we hate dealers so much. They are terrible at the one thing they do. But still basically get to print money. What a scam.

Of course they are completely wrong. Whatever bumblebrain you spoke to can’t tell the difference between the Z11 Recall and the Z76 Customer Satisfaction Campaign. So you can find a better/more competent dealer, you could print out the Z76 TSB and show it to them, or ping @ChryslerCares and have them call your current incompetent dealer and straighten them out.

·
Registered
2021 PacHy Touring L
6 Posts
Oh my god. This is why we hate dealers so much. They are terrible at the one thing they do. But still basically get to print money. What a scam.

Of course they are completely wrong. Whatever bumblebrain you spoke to can’t tell the difference between the Z11 Recall and the Z76 Customer Satisfaction Campaign. So you can find a better/more competent dealer, you could print out the Z76 TSB and show it to them, or ping @ChryslerCares and have them call your current incompetent dealer and straighten them out.
I didn't get to talk to the guy, he left a voicemail right before close. I'll call them on Monday to try to talk my way back in. Since you mentioned Z11...does that fix require a higher ambient temperature? I realize that logic almost definitely will be a waste of time with the dealer, but I would like to be able to say something like "You're thinking of Z11, I need Z76." Then of course I will swear in my head. Thanks for the help. I'm trying to avoid the next closest dealer because that's a 2 hour round trip.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I didn't get to talk to the guy, he left a voicemail right before close. I'll call them on Monday to try to talk my way back in. Since you mentioned Z11...does that fix require a higher ambient temperature? I realize that logic almost definitely will be a waste of time with the dealer, but I would like to be able to say something like "You're thinking of Z11, I need Z76." Then of course I will swear in my head. Thanks for the help. I'm trying to avoid the next closest dealer because that's a 2 hour round trip.
No problem.

Z11 is a recall for the hybrid battery on 2017-2018 Hybrids that involves a software update and a charging evaluation that takes 2 days and has a minimum temperature requirement. Z76 is just a software update that prevents the ECH from getting permanently locked and thus needing replacement. Z76 is an update to the Hybrid Control Processor (HCP) and the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). Here is a link to the Z76 update procedure.

TSB 08-052-22

Did you also get a letter in the mail? If so it very clearly states that Z76 is just a software update.

·
Registered
2021 PacHy Touring L
6 Posts
No problem.

Z11 is a recall for the hybrid battery on 2017-2018 Hybrids that involves a software update and a charging evaluation that takes 2 days and has a minimum temperature requirement. Z76 is just a software update that prevents the ECH from getting permanently locked and thus needing replacement. Z76 is an update to the Hybrid Control Processor (HCP) and the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). Here is a link to the Z76 update procedure.

TSB 08-052-22

Did you also get a letter in the mail? If so it very clearly states that Z76 is just a software update.
Yes, I got the letter in the mail. I have been anxiously awaiting it since the experience of driving around last winter was such garbage. I mentioned Z76 when I called to make my appointment. After I realized the van was behaving oddly, I read about the issue here. I started watching to see if the ECH was drawing power. I have never seen the 7 kW draw (I forget if that's the exact number), instead the ICE kicks on immediately when I turn the heat on. Then it proceeds to surge on and off as if the engineers who wrote the code were playing a trick on me. I have a feeling this update isn't going to change much for me. If it turns out that the ECH is permanently locked, is there any way to convince the dealer to replace it? I don't have any error codes, the dealer has told me in the past that they can't do anything without error codes.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Yes, I got the letter in the mail. I have been anxiously awaiting it since the experience of driving around last winter was such garbage. I mentioned Z76 when I called to make my appointment. After I realized the van was behaving oddly, I read about the issue here. I started watching to see if the ECH was drawing power. I have never seen the 7 kW draw (I forget if that's the exact number), instead the ICE kicks on immediately when I turn the heat on. Then it proceeds to surge on and off as if the engineers who wrote the code were playing a trick on me. I have a feeling this update isn't going to change much for me. If it turns out that the ECH is permanently locked, is there any way to convince the dealer to replace it? I don't have any error codes, the dealer has told me in the past that they can't do anything without error codes.
You definitely have a problem that needs diagnosing. You can also tell them that your van never runs in electric mode. When you turn on the heat, even if the ICE starts, you still still see a big Climate draw on the Power Flow screen.

Also the fact that the Check Engine Light isn’t on doesn’t mean anything. Here is the document that covers your exact problem.

Vehicle Only Runs in Gas Mode

It states here that the CEL may or may not be on.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts