2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Got my fix - I was in and out in 2 hours and that included an oil change. I set the appointment 3 days in advance as well.

Pretty easy!
Glad to hear! Know if you experience any potential future vehicle concerns or questions that we're here to assist.

Hannah
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
14 Posts
No problem.

Z11 is a recall for the hybrid battery on 2017-2018 Hybrids that involves a software update and a charging evaluation that takes 2 days and has a minimum temperature requirement. Z76 is just a software update that prevents the ECH from getting permanently locked and thus needing replacement. Z76 is an update to the Hybrid Control Processor (HCP) and the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). Here is a link to the Z76 update procedure.

TSB 08-052-22

Did you also get a letter in the mail? If so it very clearly states that Z76 is just a software update.
I received the Z76 Recall letter for my 2021 Pacifica Hybrid on 10-22-22. When I called the dealer to schedule the warranty repair, the service advisor looked up the vehicle and said it did not need this update.

During an service visit for a forward facing camera replacement due to a defect on 06/26/2021, I see on the invoice the dealer performed two other jobs unrelated to the camera replacement:

"Job #2: RRT 21-062 2021 RU PHEV HCP and AHCP update , Rapid response, Performed RRT21-062, flash updated HCP and AHCP modules,

Job #3: RRT 21-063 2021 RU PHEV PCM update, Rapid response, Performed RRT 21-063 flash updated PCM to latest software version."

I see the document linked by SKPacHy mentions " Rapid Service Update (RSU) 21-062 " which matches what is written on my invoice.

So did the dealer already fix the issue on the vehicle before the recall was issued?

Thanks

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
1,144 Posts
I received the Z76 Recall letter for my 2021 Pacifica Hybrid on 10-22-22. When I called the dealer to schedule the warranty repair, the service advisor looked up the vehicle and said it did not need this update.

During an service visit for a forward facing camera replacement due to a defect on 06/26/2021, I see on the invoice the dealer performed two other jobs unrelated to the camera replacement:

"Job #2: RRT 21-062 2021 RU PHEV HCP and AHCP update , Rapid response, Performed RRT21-062, flash updated HCP and AHCP modules,

Job #3: RRT 21-063 2021 RU PHEV PCM update, Rapid response, Performed RRT 21-063 flash updated PCM to latest software version."

I see the document linked by SKPacHy mentions " Rapid Service Update (RSU) 21-062 " which matches what is written on my invoice.

So did the dealer already fix the issue on the vehicle before the recall was issued?

Thanks
Quite possible. I had it done before the Campaign started as well. I believe the letter states that they still want you to take the vehicle back in to confirm it has been done. Do you see that on your letter?

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
1,144 Posts
Ah the wording of my letter is slightly different as I am in Canada. So I guess it’s up to you whether you take it back in or not. If you don’t I’d just make sure your VIN is marked as completed by the dealer to make sure Chrysler stays happy. In my experience the software versions from the RSU and Z76 were the same.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hello @calbear88!

Know we are here to help as well if you would like to have your letter reviewed or are seeking additional assistance alongside your dealer. Feel free to send us a private message!

Hannah
Chrysler Cares

21 - 27 of 27 Posts