2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

· Registered
2021 Hybrid Limited "S"
469 Posts
Through the e.Hybrid app on the UConnect system in the vehicle. You have a 2021 so you go to Vehicle at the bottom, then go to Hybrid. It’ll bring you up to the Power Flow screen, then go to Schedules.
So SCC is more for scheduling/set schedule (duh--as the name implies), but if I'm just trying to warm up the cabin "on the fly"....then the double tap of the start button would be the way to go?

· Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
1,223 Posts
So SCC is more for scheduling/set schedule (duh--as the name implies), but if I'm just trying to warm up the cabin "on the fly"....then the double tap of the start button would be the way to go?
Or you can set the schedule to depart in like 15 minutes through the van or the app and the SCC mode will start in a couple minutes. Unfortunately Chrysler didn't give us a "Climate On" button that is so common on other vehicles.

· Registered
2021 Pinnacle, bought 20 Mar 2021.
115 Posts
Or you can set the schedule to depart in like 15 minutes through the van or the app and the SCC mode will start in a couple minutes. Unfortunately Chrysler didn't give us a "Climate On" button that is so common on other vehicles.
Well, with all the needed bits in place (pun intended) it seems like a software update could fix that shortsightedness. As I have said before, engineers/programmers are NOT well trained in human factors design.

BTW, this would not be an urgent/required update, so it could wait for Chrysler to fix the date system that records EV/ICE usage (ha, ha).

· Registered
5 Posts
Interestingly, our 2021 PacHy had no ECH issues last winter (which was cold up here in Canada!). We then took our vehicle in a couple weeks ago for the Z76 recall. I breathed a sigh of relief afterwards and now we suddenly have the CEI light on, the ICS on full time, battery never goes below 100%, the E.hybrid app shows 0 kWh for climate, and a slight “jerking feeling” every few seconds when we drive….. I’ve got an appointment with our dealership next week but when I tried to suggest what the problem might be, I could tell they thought I was crazy (they may not be wrong!). Hopefully, they are able to diagnose it but sounds like we are in for a long wait to repair (and, of course, we were supposed to go on a long family trip for Christmas). Anyone else have issues with the ECH after the z76 recall repair?

· Registered
115 Posts
Interestingly, our 2021 PacHy had no ECH issues last winter (which was cold up here in Canada!). We then took our vehicle in a couple weeks ago for the Z76 recall. I breathed a sigh of relief afterwards and now we suddenly have the CEI light on, the ICS on full time, battery never goes below 100%, the E.hybrid app shows 0 kWh for climate, and a slight “jerking feeling” every few seconds when we drive….. I’ve got an appointment with our dealership next week but when I tried to suggest what the problem might be, I could tell they thought I was crazy (they may not be wrong!). Hopefully, they are able to diagnose it but sounds like we are in for a long wait to repair (and, of course, we were supposed to go on a long family trip for Christmas). Anyone else have issues with the ECH after the z76 recall repair?
I have had the Z76 update and am not seeing CEL come on, and Climate draw is 6 to 7 kW on cold start. I have tried SCC and also manual double-press of Ignition Button (no brake) to pre-warm the cabin while connected to L1 charger. The battery level often drops 15% during the warmup. As soon as I get in to drive the vehicle the ICE comes on, and it runs enough to recharge the battery, sometimes back up to 100%. I also feel a bit of jerky driving at times, which I suspect is the transmission trying to flip between ICE and EV. But after considerable driving and engine coolant getting up to near 90C for awhile it seems to be happy to run on EV and deplete the charge. I think there are still a few software changes that could be done, but I doubt we will see them. If the vehicle performs as it has for the past few weeks I can live with it; but it is disconcerting that the ICE runs so much when I have lots of battery charge.

· Registered
1,223 Posts
I have had the Z76 update and am not seeing CEL come on, and Climate draw is 6 to 7 kW on cold start. I have tried SCC and also manual double-press of Ignition Button (no brake) to pre-warm the cabin while connected to L1 charger. The battery level often drops 15% during the warmup. As soon as I get in to drive the vehicle the ICE comes on, and it runs enough to recharge the battery, sometimes back up to 100%. I also feel a bit of jerky driving at times, which I suspect is the transmission trying to flip between ICE and EV. But after considerable driving and engine coolant getting up to near 90C for awhile it seems to be happy to run on EV and deplete the charge. I think there are still a few software changes that could be done, but I doubt we will see them. If the vehicle performs as it has for the past few weeks I can live with it; but it is disconcerting that the ICE runs so much when I have lots of battery charge.
While the ICE is running I'm guessing that Climate output is also up at 7kW. If that's the case the ICE will always run to help cabin heating. That's just how it is programmed for winter use. When the ECH goes up to max output, the ICE is started. One way around that is to turn down the temperature in the vehicle or turn HVAC off. Even turning off the rear HVAC when not needed will get you off the ICE quicker in winter. Now starting the ICE also triggers a bunch of other requirements. One the ICE starts they are required to run it enough to get the catalytic converter up to its normal operating temperature range, and keep it there. That's why the ICE will keep starting up periodically in the winter, to keep the catalytic converter within its operating range. It's against regulation to be cycling the ICE with a cold catalytic converter due to increased emissions. So even if you have used SCC, because it's still cold where you have parked the van, the ICE will start, and then it has to get a cold catalytic converter up to temperature. Those are the main problems with PHEVs in winter. Most PHEVs act in very similar ways. In fact many other PHEVs out there don't have any electric heat capability, so they have to run the ICE for any cabin heating at all. That's how most Hyundai PHEVs operate. Definitely not worth it in Canada.

· Registered
5 Posts
Unfortunately, that’s not the case with our vehicle currently. The climate output is 0 kW at all times - with the cabin heater cranked or when completely off in our heated garage. Prior to the Z76 update, our ICE would run in the winter when the cabin heater was on (as you described above) but now, even when the cabin heater is off, the climate output remains 0 and our battery remains at 100% for the duration of a trip. I really don’t think the EV is engaging at all any longer.

· Registered
1,223 Posts
Unfortunately, that’s not the case with our vehicle currently. The climate output is 0 kW at all times - with the cabin heater cranked or when completely off in our heated garage. Prior to the Z76 update, our ICE would run in the winter when the cabin heater was on (as you described above) but now, even when the cabin heater is off, the climate output remains 0 and our battery remains at 100% for the duration of a trip. I really don’t think the EV is engaging at all any longer.
Yes you have a locked or potentially failed ECH and will need a dealer to diagnose.

· Registered
115 Posts
While the ICE is running I'm guessing that Climate output is also up at 7kW. If that's the case the ICE will always run to help cabin heating. That's just how it is programmed for winter use. When the ECH goes up to max output, the ICE is started. One way around that is to turn down the temperature in the vehicle or turn HVAC off. Even turning off the rear HVAC when not needed will get you off the ICE quicker in winter. Now starting the ICE also triggers a bunch of other requirements. One the ICE starts they are required to run it enough to get the catalytic converter up to its normal operating temperature range, and keep it there. That's why the ICE will keep starting up periodically in the winter, to keep the catalytic converter within its operating range. It's against regulation to be cycling the ICE with a cold catalytic converter due to increased emissions. So even if you have used SCC, because it's still cold where you have parked the van, the ICE will start, and then it has to get a cold catalytic converter up to temperature. Those are the main problems with PHEVs in winter. Most PHEVs act in very similar ways. In fact many other PHEVs out there don't have any electric heat capability, so they have to run the ICE for any cabin heating at all. That's how most Hyundai PHEVs operate. Definitely not worth it in Canada.
I think your explanation is consistent with what I am describing as my experience.

· Registered
10 Posts
Model Year:
Gas / Hybrid:
Hybrid
We got our 2021 in Mar 2021.

In November 2021 the MIL was on.
In December 2021 after three weeks the diagnostics was completed, and we were told the coolant heater part needed to be replaced.
In March 2022 the part finally arrived and was installed but dealership repair service obviously didn't receive the memo on the RSU (Is RSU the cure? Read on).
In April 2022, the MIL was on again. This round the RSU was applied.
In December 2022, the MIL was on again. No surprise there we were told the coolant heater part needed to be replaced.
On Jan 12, 2023 the part arrived and was installed. Sure, the MIL is now gone (but for how long), so it goes in UConnect the vehicle status tab and no one knows why.

So, to me neither the part nor the RSU can fix this. Let's see what Chrysler comes up with next. And to every frustrated driver like me, just calm down and be prepared to pay them a few extra visits every year that's all it takes. Everyone I deal with at the dealership knows at this point it's useless but it's a patch that works for some time, and dealership's got nothing to lose just charge back to Chrysler. Also, forget about calling customer care, arbitration etc. I wish that they didn't exist for my case so I could get my hours back. The only good news is that they are getting better at this. Huge improvement if you ask me they cut down turn around time from 3-4 months to less than 3 weeks.

With this issue on, one needs not charge your car at home in winter because in cold weather ICE will stay on. The only way to use up the constantly fully charged battery by burned gas for driving that I can see is to put cruise mode on while on highway and it mostly works.

How do you sign up as I never got any notice from Chrysler in mail or email until I read about this on FB?

· Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
We got our 2021 in Mar 2021.

In November 2021 the MIL was on.
In December 2021 after three weeks the diagnostics was completed, and we were told the coolant heater part needed to be replaced.
In March 2022 the part finally arrived and was installed but dealership repair service obviously didn't receive the memo on the RSU (Is RSU the cure? Read on).
In April 2022, the MIL was on again. This round the RSU was applied.
In December 2022, the MIL was on again. No surprise there we were told the coolant heater part needed to be replaced.
On Jan 12, 2023 the part arrived and was installed. Sure, the MIL is now gone (but for how long), so it goes in UConnect the vehicle status tab and no one knows why.

So, to me neither the part nor the RSU can fix this. Let's see what Chrysler comes up with next. And to every frustrated driver like me, just calm down and be prepared to pay them a few extra visits every year that's all it takes. Everyone I deal with at the dealership knows at this point it's useless but it's a patch that works for some time, and dealership's got nothing to lose just charge back to Chrysler. Also, forget about calling customer care, arbitration etc. I wish that they didn't exist for my case so I could get my hours back. The only good news is that they are getting better at this. Huge improvement if you ask me they cut down turn around time from 3-4 months to less than 3 weeks.

With this issue on, one needs not charge your car at home in winter because in cold weather ICE will stay on. The only way to use up the constantly fully charged battery by burned gas for driving that I can see is to put cruise mode on while on highway and it mostly works.

How do you sign up as I never got any notice from Chrysler in mail or email until I read about this on FB?
Hello!

We would like to look into this matter a bit further. Please send our team a private message our way with your vehicle information as well as any recent updates so we can review your concerns. Hope to connect with you soon!

Hannah
Chrysler Cares

· Registered
10 Posts
Model Year:
Gas / Hybrid:
Hybrid
Hello!

We would like to look into this matter a bit further. Please send our team a private message our way with your vehicle information as well as any recent updates so we can review your concerns. Hope to connect with you soon!

Hannah
Chrysler Cares
Upon seeing this thread, I registered my account two days ago and PMed you guys. Can you check what else is needed?

· Registered
10 Posts
Model Year:
Gas / Hybrid:
Hybrid
Greetings everyone!

Our team is here to announce that Customer Satisfaction Notification (CSN) Z76 has just been published in response to the ongoing P0E15 concerns for 2021 MY PHEV Pacificas. We understand that you may have questions and are more than happy to address them here or via private message in combination with your Chrysler dealership. Thank you for your patience and we hope to reconnect with you shortly!

Hannah
Chrysler Cares

View attachment 51414
Hello!

Hannah
Chrysler Cares
What a waste of time. I registered forum account days ago and PM as you instructed, then nothing happens just silent.
I wish that the 800 customer care hotline, the arbitration and this forum support did not exist. You win and I give up.
Just offering one case point for everyone to see.

· Administrator
2,074 Posts
Model Year:
Gas / Hybrid:
gas
Trim:
Touring L Plus
What a waste of time. I registered forum account days ago and PM as you instructed, then nothing happens just silent.
I wish that the 800 customer care hotline, the arbitration and this forum support did not exist. You win and I give up.
Just offering one case point for everyone to see.
This forum is not an official Chrysler support channel. It is privately owned and set up as peer to peer support for the Pacifica vehicles. The @ChryslerCares account here is the official Chrysler customer care department you would contact with the 800#.

· Registered
10 Posts
Model Year:
Gas / Hybrid:
Hybrid
This forum is not an official Chrysler support channel. It is privately owned and set up as peer to peer support for the Pacifica vehicles. The @ChryslerCares account here is the official Chrysler customer care department you would contact with the 800#.
That's fine but they are not ready to support so just don't announce it as such. This kind of behavior is wrong: going out on every social media platform and claiming help is available. I am going to ignore them on FB otherwise I bet the list grows longer.
So far, the arbitration is the most disgusting and that tells me why businesses like them so much.

· Administrator
2,074 Posts
Model Year:
Gas / Hybrid:
gas
Trim:
Touring L Plus
That's fine but they are not ready to support so just don't announce it as such. This kind of behavior is wrong: going out on every social media platform and claiming help is available. I am going to ignore them on FB otherwise I bet the list grows longer.
So far, the arbitration is the most disgusting and that tells me why businesses like them so much.
We need to understand that Chrysler Cares is just a liaison between the customer and the appropriate department to handle the complaint. They have no power to make any decisions.

I understand your frustrations, and the frustrations of many others posting here that are facing serious issues with their engines or Hybrid systems. It would be great to have a more responsive system in place, but for now, this is all we have.

You mention arbitration. If you are already in arbitration, Chrysler cares is probably out of the picture.

· Registered
10 Posts
Model Year:
Gas / Hybrid:
Hybrid
We need to understand that Chrysler Cares is just a liaison between the customer and the appropriate department to handle the complaint. They have no power to make any decisions.

I understand your frustrations, and the frustrations of many others posting here that are facing serious issues with their engines or Hybrid systems. It would be great to have a more responsive system in place, but for now, this is all we have.

You mention arbitration. If you are already in arbitration, Chrysler cares is probably out of the picture.
No decision is needed from customer support here. They are simply not responding.

Yeah, live and learn. Local dealership with a live person to talk to on a face-to-face basis is the way to go for me going forward, in terms of getting Chrysler support.

As witnessed by many users on FB, Chrysler support at least for hybrid is lagging severely in a lot of places and that's where peer-to-peer support like forum here and FB group shines and triumphs the official channel. What a shame.
It's not the dealership repair service's fault, likely they didn't know what sales promised, are not properly trained, and they don't have the parts, as witnessed by me and many users on FB.
It's not the customer service's fault they were told the verbiage they are trained to tell us and they cannot fix cars.
It's not the arbitration's fault, they are impartial that's the definition of arbitrator if you believe that.
It's not totally the manufacture's fault, they are victims of covid too yet they keep selling new Pacifica cars while at the same time not able to produce parts for repair.
No, I don't buy that. It's ultimately you Chrysler doing a poor job and this is what it is.
And everyone can draw their own conclusions. YMMV until this happens to you.

Arbitration is behind me. I dealt with them on and off collecting proofs/documents, went to hearing etc between March-April 2022 just to found out that they wear the same pants. So, my advice to everyone is this: don't bother.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts