2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L, Granite Crystal Metallic (manufacture date 1-17)
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First, remove the 8mm bolts closest to the lamps.

Second, using a 10mm socket or wrench carefully remove the nut from the posts. Do not lose them!

Third, disconnect the bulb sockets and remove the bulb. This step will make it far easier the accomplish the next.
Fourth, carefully pop out the marker light housings. They will require careful pushing and pulling so that you don't accidently damage the paint.

Fifth, each bulb is plug and play, test each one as you plug them into the socket. Do not twist the socket into the housing until after you have the marker light lined up with the posts in the holes.

Sixth, tighten the nuts on the posts and then reinstall the bolts for the fender lining.

· Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
1,405 Posts
I see a few listings on eBay and Amazon for both smoked and clear LED sidemarkers. I'm definitely going to get me a set of the clear ones for our billet silver metallic van. I wish the listings had a picture of the clear ones installed with the lights off though.

· Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L, Granite Crystal Metallic (manufacture date 1-17)
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see a few listings on eBay and Amazon for both smoked and clear LED sidemarkers. I'm definitely going to get me a set of the clear ones for our billet silver metallic van. I wish the listings had a picture of the clear ones installed with the lights off though.
I debated the clear lens against the smoked lens. I have a granite gray Pacifica and I was very pleased with the way the smoked lens looked.

· Registered
1,405 Posts
I debated the clear lens against the smoked lens. I have a granite gray Pacifica and I was very pleased with the way the smoked lens looked.
The color of your van is dark enough that I think it would look fine. Ours is a bright silver so I think it would stick out. The black ones would certainly be a great addition to any van with the S package.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

· Premium Member
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
1,183 Posts
First, remove the 8mm bolts closest to the lamps.

Second, using a 10mm socket or wrench carefully remove the nut from the posts. Do not lose them!

Third, disconnect the bulb sockets and remove the bulb. This step will make it far easier the accomplish the next.
Fourth, carefully pop out the marker light housings. They will require careful pushing and pulling so that you don't accidently damage the paint.

Fifth, each bulb is plug and play, test each one as you plug them into the socket. Do not twist the socket into the housing until after you have the marker light lined up with the posts in the holes.

Sixth, tighten the nuts on the posts and then reinstall the bolts for the fender lining.
Great instructions. Thanks. I also did this project and thought I'd add to a couple of the above steps.

For me, step two was time consuming for the rear lights. There isn't room to insert a rachet wrench over the nut on the post due to a metal body part next to it, so I used a 10mm open end wrench that has a slight offset. Attached is a pic of the old assembly with the nuts, one put back on and the other laying to the side. Note that while I'm talking about the rear side markers here, all four of them have the same posts and nuts.
Road surface Asphalt Gas Tints and shades Bumper

Step four was also time consuming and somewhat difficult. The inner side of the marker light has a molded plastic tab that snaps into a clip fastened to the car body. In the picture above, the tab is next to the left-most post with the nut still on it. Note that the tab has a small button that might need to be depressed to assist getting the tab off of the inner bracket, or it might just come off with the right amount of force using the right tool. After removing the 10mm nuts from the posts, the bottom post will come out, but the top poar will come out only part way out. The clip grabs hold of the plastic tab entire assembly near the top. I used a trim tool to start prying it out (see pic below), but I ended up using a different trim tool that had "fingers" on the end to insert and pull at the clip location (see pics).
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

Asphalt Road surface Cone Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Tints and shades

Like Twescaba said, be sure to hang on to those nuts that come off the plastic posts. They self-tap onto the posts of the new side markers.

Oh, and you might want to put a Band-Aid over your knuckles before you start the job, or maybe have someone pulling back on the fender liner to keep it out of your way while you work.

In all, it was a fun project, and it really dressed things up! (These pics were taken just after I finished the passenger side.)
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille

Attachments

· Banned
92 Posts
I just put LED bulbs in mine and they look just as good as these EBay ones. Saved a lot of $ too 💁🏻‍♂️

· Premium Member
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
1,183 Posts
I just put LED bulbs in mine and they look just as good as these EBay ones. Saved a lot of $ too 💁🏻‍♂️
The difference is a single LED versus and entire strip of LEDS, but I can definitely see why the single LED is a good option. The single bulb is decidedly an improvement over stock, and it is a lot easier to change out than the entire fixture.

· Registered
1,405 Posts
I had LASFIT LED bulbs in mine that I purchased from Amazon. I was never really satisfied with them though. They looked funny at night because they were crazy bright. I replaced them with a clear set of these from eBay a couple weeks ago. These look way better IMO (especially at night), and it's not even close. I might post some pictures later, but it won't do them justice. You really need to see them in person to appreciate them. The brightness at night is just right and very similar to the OEM LED tail lamps. The strips add a bit of prestige to the appearance too IMO. They look much cleaner than the regular housings during the day against our billet silver metallic paint.

The build quality seems good, but I wish they had filled the gap near the edge so little rocks/sand/dirt can't get stuck in there. Lots of debris was caught in there on the OEM parts I took off. Time will tell how they hold up against the elements in the winter months over the years, but so far I'm extremely happy with them.

· Registered
55 Posts
Say, how do you get around the rear 'brackets' over the OEM lights?

I had no problem with the front ones but the red ones in back seem much harder to get out even though my ratchet is TINY.

Thanks for your help!

· Registered
10 Posts
Model Year:
Gas / Hybrid:
Gas
Trim:
Limited
It's kind of a pain, but I just used a good old fashioned wrench. Only takes about 100 quarter turns 😂

1 - 18 of 18 Posts