2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new Pacifica Limited Friday afternoon after a 5 week wait. Bright White with Alloy interior, 8 passenger, Advanced Safety group, 20” wheels, spare, mud flaps. I was just starting to like it. Took the wife out to dinner last night and got rear ended while stopped at a light. No injuries which is good. 88 total miles on the Van!! Dang!

He had no license but the car supposedly has insurance on it. He does have a Tx ID card!!!! His 1998 Civic took the brunt of the damage. The rear of the van‘s tail gate is damaged and the bumper (?) pushed forward a bit with all the sensors hanging out and down. The Honda ran under my rear I think.

I called the cops and after 45-60 minutes they got there. No license and an outstanding criminal warrant out for him. They handcuffed him and put him their car. He is probably out by now!!!! I’ll find out how bad the damage is tomorrow I guess.

Kind of turns you off on getting something new!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Oh man that sucks big time. Glad no one is hurt and I hope the van is easily repairable with no frame damage or anything like that. Did you take some pics of the accident?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Terrible.

·
Registered
317 Posts
HATE THAT!!! Glad you're fine. Regardless of whether it gets completely paid for, etc. etc. The time taken from your life is such a waste. ...and it's NEVER the same. :( I'd rather have it totaled and get a new car.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Oh boy, that has to be depressing, but then again no one was hurt and you have to look at it that way. I was upset when I put a small scratch on our front bumper, no comparison I know, but we all just spend a bucket of money on the latest and greatest van and want to keep it looking new for as long as possible.

Good luck on the repairs, may they be undetectable.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Wow, what a bummer. That's every NEW car owners worst nightmare, but as others have said no injuries that's the main thing. Hopefully the car will be repaired to like new condition, keep us posted.

<

1 - 9 of 9 Posts