2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am new to the forum, as just found this helfpul site! My wife and I ordered a Limited Pacifica back on 3/27/21, which I am now learning is right when the Windsor plant shut down so we have made zero progress. We were told 6-8 weeks at the dealership, but our sales guy said to realistically expect 10-12 weeks with covid delays. Our goal was to have this by the end of May as we are expecting twins in 2 weeks (and already have 2). With the plant being shut down for the past 6 weeks already I am curious what is realistic at this point.
I am seeing some posts of people who ordered in December or January and still possibly don't have their Pacifica's and it is May?? Is that true? If so we are screwed and I should start trying to get my deposit back.
I'm curious to know legit-actual turn around times people had on their orders. If we are waiting until June I could live with that, but I can't wait until September or beyond.
Thanks all!

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
The worldwide microchip shortage is causing this. Truth is, no one here knows squat.

Have you considered looking for a good condition 2019 or 2020 Limited?

·
Super Moderator
777 Posts
Unfortunately that's gonna be an impossible question to answer. Even Chrysler doesn't know since they keep on pushing their plant closures forward additional weeks. Congrats on the twins by the way. The only sure way to get the van in a time line that works for you is finding one on a dealer lot somewhere with the options you want. Hopefully you find a resolution that works for you and your family. Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
2020 Granite Limited Hybrid with AST
228 Posts
Hi All,

I am new to the forum, as just found this helfpul site! My wife and I ordered a Limited Pacifica back on 3/27/21, which I am now learning is right when the Windsor plant shut down so we have made zero progress. We were told 6-8 weeks at the dealership, but our sales guy said to realistically expect 10-12 weeks with covid delays. Our goal was to have this by the end of May as we are expecting twins in 2 weeks (and already have 2). With the plant being shut down for the past 6 weeks already I am curious what is realistic at this point.
I am seeing some posts of people who ordered in December or January and still possibly don't have their Pacifica's and it is May?? Is that true? If so we are screwed and I should start trying to get my deposit back.
I'm curious to know legit-actual turn around times people had on their orders. If we are waiting until June I could live with that, but I can't wait until September or beyond.
Thanks all!
Unless your willing to compromise and find a Limited that's available somewhere now, I don't think you'll be seeing that custom built vehicle for quite some time. (Probably August at the earliest, if your lucky)
Lots of people and dealerships are ahead of you, and that's assuming they don't shut down the plant anymore due to shortage of parts this year.

·
Registered
ON ORDER - 2021 Pacifica Limited AWD, Black/ Red "S" Appearance Package, PSS, 20" Foreshadow Wheels
202 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks all!
Unfortunately, it's quite true. Ordered our van back in November and it hasn't been built yet. It's a bit of an aberration, but I'm not the only one waiting for a van that ordered around that time

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Touring L (FWD, 8 seats, ICE)
27 Posts
Unfortunately, it's quite true. Ordered our van back in November and it hasn't been built yet. It's a bit of an aberration, but I'm not the only one waiting for a van that ordered around that time
Strange. I ordered my 2021 Touring L gas FWD model with most all the packages including 8th seat, sunroof, theater, tow (but no S package) in early Dec 2020 and took delivery Feb 2021 first week.

Is yours a hybrid? Some other packages?

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
More complex ones that require more “ chips “ are the ones that are being pulled and less complex ones are being built

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The worldwide microchip shortage is causing this. Truth is, no one here knows squat.

Have you considered looking for a good condition 2019 or 2020 Limited?
Thanks, we have considered used or even bending the wants/wish list slightly but there isn't much inventory around. Nothing that is with a few hundred miles radius at least. If I find something in inventory, it's 1000+ miles away and they don't stay on the lot long enough either.

·
Registered
ON ORDER - 2021 Pacifica Limited AWD, Black/ Red "S" Appearance Package, PSS, 20" Foreshadow Wheels
202 Posts
Strange. I ordered my 2021 Touring L gas FWD model with most all the packages including 8th seat, sunroof, theater, tow (but no S package) in early Dec 2020 and took delivery Feb 2021 first week.

As it states on my signature, Limited AWD with Red S package, PSS and 20" wheels. It's possible it was the red interior that was the holdup, no confirmation on that though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Oddly enough our dealer just called me last night after I posted all of this saying he has a tentative delivery date of June 14th. He's a straight shooter though and doesn't sound too confident, nor do I. But I could live with that if it holds true.
This board seems all over the place. I wonder if Location has something to do with it? I'm outside Philadelphia. We ordered a non-hybrid.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Delivery dates are always given , yet they can be changed anytime due to manufacturing constraints and or they just pull orders . I hope it all works out for you , I find it funny how orders have stopped ,plant is closed and won’t be back until a week or so and they generate delivery dates . Ford is even telling F150 truck orders they won’t see them till august or September .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Delivery dates are always given , yet they can be changed anytime due to manufacturing constraints and or they just pull orders . I hope it all works out for you , I find it funny how orders have stopped ,plant is closed and won’t be back until a week or so and they generate delivery dates . Ford is even telling F150 truck orders they won’t see them till august or September .
Yeah, key word there was "Tentative".. haha, I am very skeptical. I agree with you that realistically it would probably be August. or worse they just cancel all orders since it will be getting close to 22' production time. Likely will have to move on from this. Darn Covid. But on the bigger picture in life.. we could settle on a different car even if we only keep it a year and get the ideal build later.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I ordered my van in January and it took exactly 3 months for me to take delivery of it. I got delayed due to the first shutdown and just barely squeaked through prior to the second shutdown. Dealers are no longer able to submit new orders for the 21 model year. This whole situation is a mess, but I'm sure your van will be built eventually. It just all depends on how long you're willing to wait.
You might try doing a new inventory search on AutoTrader as I've found that easier to use than the Chrysler website if you're trying to find something on the lot. Your deposit is refundable so your dealer shouldn't have an issue returning it to you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts