2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

My wife accidentally snapped the important bits of the charger off for her 2018 PHEV. It actually looks fairly straightforward to repair, but I haven't found any parts. I get why Chrysler wouldn't want people mucking around with such stuff, but it's a lot of cable and electronics to go in landfill for a broken connector.

Regardless, is this the item I need?

<2017-2022 Chrysler Battery Charger Cable 5062107AC | My Mopar Parts>

Assuming it is and since the main site is out of stock, this dealer specific site in Florida seems to have it as well:

<05062107AC - MOPAR Cable. Battery charger. [phev adaptation components] | Factory Chrysler Parts, Bartow FL>

Safe to order?

Thanks much,
MB

·
Registered
2021 PacHy Pinnacle Maximum Steel
128 Posts
Why don't you buy a level 1 charger in Amazon or another place for way cheaper? Any particular reason you want the OEM? Pretty sure you can find something cheaper, just make sure it's UL listed. I'm sure fellow forum members might even have some recommendations.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why don't you buy a level 1 charger in Amazon or another place for way cheaper? Any particular reason you want the OEM? Pretty sure you can find something cheaper, just make sure it's UL listed. I'm sure fellow forum members might even have some recommendations.
Honestly, pure ignorance. This is a our first electric...

Thanks for the tip. I'll check Amazon stat.

-MB

·
Registered
25 Posts
Checking shows a sketchy array of products with very Chinesium names, like Lectron and MEGEAR that aren't UL listed, even though the former claims to be. Can anyone recommend a unit that is UL-listed and reliable?

Thanks again,
MB
I bought my Pacifica used and only ever used a Lectron 120v (level 1) charger that came with the van. So far no issues.

·
Registered
2021 PacHy Pinnacle Maximum Steel
128 Posts
Checking shows a sketchy array of products with very Chinesium names, like Lectron and MEGEAR that aren't UL listed, even though the former claims to be. Can anyone recommend a unit that is UL-listed and reliable?

Thanks again,
MB
A bit cheaper, but found this webasto charger UL listed:

This one says UL listed, but couldn't find the listing itself (didn't search too long)

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
755 Posts
Clipper Creek Level 1 EVSE. Clipper Creek is super reliable, Made in USA stuff.

This guy repairs and sells various EVSEs with warranty. Also sells conversions from L1 to L2 for certain EVSEs.

You can also search eBay and other places for the included L1 charger from any car manufacturer. They will all work. Some people buy an EV and don’t need the included EVSE so you can find some good new stuff out there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update, I ultimately tried to order the OEM part from both sites and both cancelled by MOPAR saying the part was no longer available. Not sure whether Chrysler is releasing an updated part or what, but options seem to be limited to 3rd party options right now.

-MB

Regardless, is this the item I need?

<2017-2022 Chrysler Battery Charger Cable 5062107AC | My Mopar Parts>

Assuming it is and since the main site is out of stock, this dealer specific site in Florida seems to have it as well:

<05062107AC - MOPAR Cable. Battery charger. [phev adaptation components] | Factory Chrysler Parts, Bartow FL>

Safe to order?

Thanks much,
MB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts