2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I got a 2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited almost 2 weeks ago, due to the lock down in Santa Clara County I have only done 140 miles so far. The car is comfortable and drives nicely although I have never wanted to own a minivan but a dads got to do what a dads got to do. I took advantage of the special offers that Chrysler has going to get the car. I have fitted my dash cam following posts I had found here to make the install non permanent I also installed my Guidepoint GPS tracker in a non permanent manor. I have had a few electrical gremlins so far nothing consistent and they seem to be working themselves out.

I tend to be on these types of forums on and off, but nice to e-meet you all.

James

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
237 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. And Welcome to the forums.

If you add your vehicle information to your forum signature, it can help us help you in the future. ie Year, trim level, accessories, build date.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
237 Posts
Of course. Pictures always welcome. I love the Jazz Blue colour.

You can find the build date on the sticker on the driver's door. No rush.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I know I was in an important 2+ hour meeting and I have a break before yet another meeting so I could not just go check :)

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
You live on a 2-Pac-cul-de-sac. :)

The other one is the same color as mine.

Reactions: panoguy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So after a month of so of ownership and still not having reached 500 miles I thought I would post a little review/compare to my other vehicle which you can see in the pic above.

Overall the car is comfortable and drives nicely, I installed weathertech floor mats and have used the UConnect theather system to entertain my little one. I have learned some of the glitches I was having were features. These are the radio stations resetting themselves which are because I was using the seat memory recall and the station presets are tied to this, this is actually a great feature so different drivers can have their own set of presets (although my wife can't drive). I also learnt that the auto on/off parking brake will only turn off if my seat belt is on, I often don't put it on until I am moving forwards as I was taught it was ok to remove my seat belt to reverse. The easy in/out seats don't always return to the correct position, I think this is because of the position I have my seat in but is an annoyance. I find the metal on the steering wheel hard to hold in the hot weather until the AC has cooled the car but that does not take long.

In comparison to my Ford, which has most of the same features, I prefer the easy in/out of the ford as it moves the steering wheel and the seat and has not failed to return yet. I also know that the UConnect system is ranked as one of the best systems on the market but I also prefer my Ford Sync 3 system. The Ford system has a home screen, on this I can see a map, the basic radio controls and the phone connection and status. I find I leave the UConnect on the radio, I don't like if I turn the radio off the whole screen turns off, I would like a similar home screen where I have a map, the basic radio controls and the seat heat/cooling and camera system controls. Most of the rest are not directly comparable and the vehicles have very different purposes.

All in all however I really like the Pacifica and I am happy that I got it, I managed to get about 35 miles out of charge on a longer flat freeway run.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just realized I miss a major comparison between my ford and the Pacifica systems. Both vehicles have an app that can access vehicle information and lock doors etc. They seem to work about the same to be honest and both are just not massively useful besides the ability to manage charing for Pacifica. The biggest difference is the Ford app and connection (so far) is free there is no fee to use it. Currently I am using the SiriusXM guardian trial and I just don't see enough value to pay the month fee to keep it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts