2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to see if any of the folks who had the well-known paint corrosion issue on the hood return after an earlier repair (versus hood replacement) was completed. Mine was repaired and it now looks like there may be some new corrosion spots around the lip of the hood that's starting to show again.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Wanted to see if any of the folks who had the well-known paint corrosion issue on the hood return after an earlier repair (versus hood replacement) was completed. Mine was repaired and it now looks like there may be some new corrosion spots around the lip of the hood that's starting to show again.
Who did your repair?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Granted this was a much older Chrysler product but 3 months after the corrosion warranty had expired on our 2001 Caravan, the paint started bubbling at the front edge of the hood. It clearly was coming from underneath and had been doing so for some time. Chrysler essentially told me to pound sand even after I offered to have them give me a new hood and I'd install and paint it.
I could never find a used hood from the 2001-2006 model years that wasn't rusted through.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Granted this was a much older Chrysler product but 3 months after the corrosion warranty had expired on our 2001 Caravan, the paint started bubbling at the front edge of the hood. It clearly was coming from underneath and had been doing so for some time. Chrysler essentially told me to pound sand even after I offered to have them give me a new hood and I'd install and paint it.
I could never find a used hood from the 2001-2006 model years that wasn't rusted through.
I thought the hoods on those older vans was steel. Am I wrong?

If it was steel, that was an entirely different issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts