2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Back on the road with some updates...

The range issue appears to have resolved itself after filling our second tank. With full battery and gas tank it was estimating close to 500 miles.

The Android Auto disconnect issue is not limited to just my Galaxy S21. Was able to try it with a Pixel 3a and it disconnecting as well.

Disappointed to share I am also seeing a new issue. When I start up the car I am seeing the attached error message. Wondering if this might also explain the lane sense malfunction.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Took the car back to the dealership this morning. I was told I wouldn't get it back until Monday at the earliest.

Having the car in the shop for several days during the first week of ownership has really chilled my new car excitement.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Latest update. They believe the lane assist/AEB/ACC issues are due to a failed module. Chrysler is shipping a replacement that won't arrive until Tuesday.

This module doesn't explain the issues with the wireless charging or Android Auto disconnects. They are still investigating that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi!

Just purchased my 2021 Pacifica Hybrid Limited two days ago. I found the info on this forum super helpful before purchasing. So thanks!

We began our first road trip yesterday. Traveling about 300 miles. I ran into several odd issues along the way. I'm wondering if these are all normal Pacifica glitches, or cause for concern.

First my new Galaxy S21 doesn't seem to want to charge on the wireless charger. It will report that it is charging, but the phone just gets super hot and percent charged does not increase. I tried it with and without the case.

Next the android auto connection kept dropping while listening to music and navigating. It was suggested this might be due to other bluetooth devices in the car interfering, but it happens when my phone is the only device present in the car as well. I tried with the case, without the case, on and off the wireless charger and even while plugged into a usb cable. Same behavior.

I found the adaptive cruise control function awesome, but couldn't get the lane assist function to work. Every time we pressed the button to enable it the blue light would flash for a couple seconds and remain on.

The gas range estimated by the car is way off. It reported 300 miles on a full tank. I immediately thought this was odd as I thought the range was supposed to be something close to 500 miles . As we were driving it decreased, then hovered around the 233 miles for around 100 miles worth of actual driving before it started decreasing again. Wondering if it just needs to go through a tank or two before the estimate gets better?

Finally, the UConnect app is now reporting that I have 158 miles electric range on an empty battery. See attached screenshots. I'm a software engineer by trade, so I can appreciate that all software has bugs. All this combined has me concerned though.

Did I get a lemon or is all of this behavior expected?

Thanks!
So far I could not connect to car with both iphone airplay and android auto. Mpg numbers less than expected. I got ev 30 mile once local only and without turning on ac, headlights vs. Average I am getting 20-25 miles ev only. I shared my hybrid only results with full tank and drive locally ac and heat used couple days.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Sorry to hear you're also having connectivity issues. Have you asked the dealership about it?

Regarding the MPG, are you in a colder weather area? From what I've gathered reading here so far that can have a major impact on MPG and it will likely improve with warmer weather.

I've attached my mileage stats so far. The majority of my driving so far was on a road trip where I was on a freeway with adaptive cruise control engaged.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry to hear you're also having connectivity issues. Have you asked the dealership about it?

Regarding the MPG, are you in a colder weather area? From what I've gathered reading here so far that can have a major impact on MPG and it will likely improve with warmer weather.

I've attached my mileage stats so far. The majority of my driving so far was on a road trip where I was on a freeway with adaptive cruise control engaged.
I bought the car last month. Even I live in south east, it was very cold last month. Especially I drive early morning to drop the kids to do school. Early morning I use heather and afteenoon I use AC 🙂 For connection issues I havent take the car to the dealer yet. I dont have a time to go to dealer just for connection issues. Many owners have similar issues with the new version of the Uconnect.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hopefully the connectivity issue is just a software defect that can be resolved with an update. Makes me wonder if there is a way to report these types of defects directly to Chrysler so it can be relayed to their software development team. It seems like reporting it through the dealership may not be the most effective way to make those who can fix it aware of the issues.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hopefully the connectivity issue is just a software defect that can be resolved with an update. Makes me wonder if there is a way to report these types of defects directly to Chrysler so it can be relayed to their software development team. It seems like reporting it through the dealership may not be the most effective way to make those who can fix it aware of the issues.
I believe it is 100 percent software issue but as you said there is not an drfecr reporting system.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I believe it is 100 percent software issue but as you said there is not an drfecr reporting system.
Just an update. I just spend a time on appleplay and android play. I have successfully connected iphone. I tried two different androids. Samsung GalaxyS9 with android 10 connected successfully but I couldn't connect Oneplus 7 pro with android 10. Android play not pops up with one plus phone. I guess it is about my phone.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Nice! Maybe make sure Android Auto is installed on the OnePlus and that Bluetooth is enabled (if connecting wirelessly).

If connecting via cable I've also noticed that using the USB-C port was much more stable than USB-A.

My problem is that it will connect just fine, but it will frequently lose its connection while I am driving.

I sent an email to Chrysler asking if they have a way to report these types of bugs to their software team. Will let you know if I hear back.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
So disappointed...

The module that they believe will fix the majority of the issues was supposed to arrive today. The general manager at the dealership called me to tell me that due to the global chip shortage it could be anywhere from a couple weeks to months before it arrives.

They tried to swap the module in from a different vehicle, but said it wouldn't work because the part is coded to the VIN.

They don't have any more comparable Pacifica Hybrids in inventory and offered me a refund for the car instead.

I'm tempted to take the refund, but really don't want to start the buying process all over again.

I also feel bad taking my business elsewhere. Despite the problems with the vehicle I feel this dealership has really done their best to take care of me.

On the other hand I'm concerned that this vehicle will just continue to have issues and I should start over.

I'm torn.

Any advice? Anyone dealt with a situation like this before?

·
Registered
2020 Granite Limited Hybrid with AST
157 Posts
So disappointed...

The module that they believe will fix the majority of the issues was supposed to arrive today. The general manager at the dealership called me to tell me that due to the global chip shortage it could be anywhere from a couple weeks to months before it arrives.

They tried to swap the module in from a different vehicle, but said it wouldn't work because the part is coded to the VIN.

They don't have any more comparable Pacifica Hybrids in inventory and offered me a refund for the car instead.

I'm tempted to take the refund, but really don't want to start the buying process all over again.

I also feel bad taking my business elsewhere. Despite the problems with the vehicle I feel this dealership has really done their best to take care of me.

On the other hand I'm concerned that this vehicle will just continue to have issues and I should start over.

I'm torn.

Take the full refund on that lemon and buy another one. Another $7500 tax credit (valid to use two in same year, easier to do when child credit are fully refundable this year as well or have IRA to roth conversion available) so take it before they change their mind! I'm doing the same with my 2020 lemon buyback.

·
Registered
40 Posts
So disappointed...

I'm torn.

I'm surprised the dealer offered you a refund. I have a OnePlus 7T and had to install Android Auto from the play store and adjust the wireless network settings to make Android Auto connect and be able to stream music. It can be done.

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Take the full refund on that lemon and buy another one. Another $7500 tax credit (valid to use two in same year, easier to do when child credit are fully refundable this year as well or have IRA to roth conversion available) so take it before they change their mind! I'm doing the same with my 2020 lemon buyback.
I was just wondering this same thing! You don't have to have owned the car for a certain length of time to legally claim the credit?

·
Registered
153 Posts
You can't take the $7,500 tax credit twice in the same year per my understanding. Across different calendar years, yes you can - so if you bought your car in 2020 then you could take the credit again.

I'm not sure I'd class the car as a "lemon" at this point. Things fail on newly built cars - that's why we have a warranty. The timing sucks for the chip shortage but I'd give it a few days to play out to see if the part comes in. The dealer does seem to be treating you right and if you got your desired spec and the deal was right I'd be hanging on if the van is good aside from this one module problem.

John

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
You can't take the $7,500 tax credit twice in the same year per my understanding. Across different calendar years, yes you can - so if you bought your car in 2020 then you could take the credit again.

I'm not sure I'd class the car as a "lemon" at this point. Things fail on newly built cars - that's why we have a warranty. The timing sucks for the chip shortage but I'd give it a few days to play out to see if the part comes in. The dealer does seem to be treating you right and if you got your desired spec and the deal was right I'd be hanging on if the van is good aside from this one module problem.

John
It's my understanding the credit can be claimed twice in the same year. As long as one's tax liability is large enough. Just don't know if there's a minimum length of ownership in order to claim the credit. I've only owned the car for two weeks.

From my novice understanding of California lemon law you're correct that it wouldn't yet be classified as a lemon. Though if their estimate on the time to repair is correct is appears that it's headed that way. From what I read if it's in the shop for over a month during the initial warranty period that classifies it as a lemon.

I suspect the GM at the dealership knows this is where it's heading and is why he offered a refund. He even suggested it might be worth calling Chrysler and telling them this is headed for a lemon buy back to see if they might be able to expedite a replacement vehicle or otherwise help.

The car does have other issues as mentioned in my original post. The dealership tells me replacing this module would fix the most critical of the issues. They have yet to investigate the other issues. They said they wanted to get this one out of the way first.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts