2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Granite Limited Hybrid with AST
228 Posts
To be clear I do not have the issues with the lane assist and emergency braking on the new vehicle.

I do still have the issue with the wireless charger not working and wireless Android Auto disconnecting frequently. Disappointing, but not a show stopper like the other issues.

Was the $7000 offer from the dealership or Chrysler? So you opted for a full refund instead? Did you buy another?
That's good to hear.
No it was directly offered from FCA corporate dispute resolution team (has latitude to offer warranty and cash offers). You might be able to push back and ask for more but you might not have the leverage since you already got the new vehicle and their offer might be just goodwill. A free warranty is better then nothing for sure. Silver lining you get another tax credit as well, that might be worth it in itself?

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Yeah, I considered pushing for more. I think I'm content as long as the new vehicle continues to work. I've sunk so much time into the process of buying this car I just want to be done with it at this point and enjoy it.

Fingers crossed on the double rebate. I'm going to research. That would definitely help make me feel better about the time wasted if it pans out.

·
Registered
2020 Granite Limited Hybrid with AST
228 Posts
Yeah, I considered pushing for more. I think I'm content as long as the new vehicle continues to work. I've sunk so much time into the process of buying this car I just want to be done with it at this point and enjoy it.

Fingers crossed on the double rebate. I'm going to research. That would definitely help make me feel better about the time wasted if it pans out.
If you had to pay for the difference (assume you had to sign a bill of sale again), sounds like you bought it outright and you qualify for another rebate. Whomever is on the vehicle title first is owed the tax rebate, so don't let it go to waste!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Yes, they cancelled the first financing contract and had me sign an entirely new one. Applied the down payment from the first to the second.
I also signed paperwork to transfer the title back to them. So sounds potentially promising.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
There is also a separate $1000 California rebate. The terms of that one specifically say you have to own the vehicle for thirty months or pay it back. It also says you can only take the rebate for one vehicle. Since I already sent in the rebate application for the first vehicle I'm not sure how to handle it. I sent them an email asking what I should do.

·
Registered
148 Posts
In the beginning, I was naive and thought the dealer could just switch out for a new vehicle. I could not have been more wrong.
The dealer does not buy back the Pacifica....... Chrysler (the manufacturer) does. When you surrender the vehicle, the manufacturer's rep comes out to the dealer to have you sign the paperwork. A check is then issued to your finance company, as the vehicle is actually being bought from you by the manufacturer. It is a drawn out process, often taking a month or two, which is nothing like returning an item to your local store.
Well, to clarify, what you're describing is the lemon law process.

But VW has, on many occasions, swapped out vehicles for customers and simply done a paperwork shuffle inside financing. There was no calculating the mileage for pro-rata purposes, no cutting a check to pay off the loan, no going back to square one to buy and finance another car all over again.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well, to clarify, what you're describing is the lemon law process.

But VW has, on many occasions, swapped out vehicles for customers and simply done a paperwork shuffle inside financing. There was no calculating the mileage for pro-rata purposes, no cutting a check to pay off the loan, no going back to square one to buy and finance another car all over again.
If Chrysler would have done what you described VW has done, and let me simply swap out the defective vehicle (2018 PacHy) for a new one, I would have been very happy with that at the time. Unfortunately Chrysler put me though the complete (2-3 month) buyback process.
It really, really frustrated my wife and I at the time. It took us many years before we were willing to give Chrysler and the Pacifica Hybrid another chance again here in 2021.
The wife and I love the new 2021 and how it drives. We're hoping this time for a much better reliability and ownership experience. What I really do see needs a lot of work is the dealership service experience, and service department familiarity with hybrids.

With the new Wrangler 4XE on sale, I'm hoping the crazy good sales of these new Jeep hybrids will get CDJR service departments up to speed and comfortable with servicing hybrids. Toyota service departments treat servicing hybrids as ordinary and a matter of fact. CDJR service departments can many times be "inexperienced" when you bring your PacHy in for service/issues. It's kind of the luck of the draw whether their techs are competent with the hybrids. I hope this changes.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts