2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a Pinnacle last month, and alas we are already having issues. When you start the car, there is sound from the radio for a few seconds, then it goes silent. The radio is turned on - SXM will switch to a new song or my audiobook playing through CarPlay shows that it is playing. But there is absolutely no sound. I’ve even tried the car with no phone at all thinking maybe it was a phone connection issue, but no still a few seconds of sound & then silence. Any ideas? I found some YouTube videos showing you how to disconnect & then reconnect fuses from the AMP box under the passenger seat, but hesitant to try this.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
765 Posts
Just purchased a Pinnacle last month, and alas we are already having issues. When you start the car, there is sound from the radio for a few seconds, then it goes silent. The radio is turned on - SXM will switch to a new song or my audiobook playing through CarPlay shows that it is playing. But there is absolutely no sound. I’ve even tried the car with no phone at all thinking maybe it was a phone connection issue, but no still a few seconds of sound & then silence. Any ideas? I found some YouTube videos showing you how to disconnect & then reconnect fuses from the AMP box under the passenger seat, but hesitant to try this.
The YouTube videos you're referring to aren't applicable to the Pacifica. All fuses are located in the one fuse box on the driver's side under the hood. Pull fuse F76 to reset the radio.

Reactions: Drjudyo

·
Registered
2019 PacHy limited, black, sunroof
15 Posts
I just went through this myself. For my Pacifica Hybrid 19, I was unable to find a relevant map of the fuse box, but I kept hearing it was a yellow 20 amp fuse. So I went through and pulled and inspected each 20 amp fuse. There's not that many of them. Anyway, after this the radio/Uconnect returned, but in a dumbed down, caveman version. It stayed that way until the next time I filled up with gas, then it popped back up as it's wonderful 21st century self. Chrysler works in strange ways. Fuse 76.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I just went through this myself. For my Pacifica Hybrid 19, I was unable to find a relevant map of the fuse box, but I kept hearing it was a yellow 20 amp fuse. So I went through and pulled and inspected each 20 amp fuse. There's not that many of them. Anyway, after this the radio/Uconnect returned, but in a dumbed down, caveman version. It stayed that way until the next time I filled up with gas, then it popped back up as it's wonderful 21st century self. Chrysler works in strange ways. Fuse 76.
There's a drawing on the underside of the fuse box cover that tells you which fuse is for each circuit.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Limited w/safety sphere
25 Posts
Have you restarted the radio via power button hold for 10+ sec?

·
Registered
765 Posts
I saw drawings, sure, but none corresponded with the reality under my hood.
You weren't holding the lid with the correct orientation then. It's definitely accurate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The YouTube videos you're referring to aren't applicable to the Pacifica. All fuses are located in the one fuse box on the driver's side under the hood. Pull fuse F76 to reset the radio.
Thanks! It worked for awhile. But again today - the sound drops completely. Arghh.

Should I replace F76 would that help at all?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Thanks! It worked for awhile. But again today - the sound drops completely. Arghh.

Should I replace F76 would that help at all?
Replacing the fuse won't help anything. The fuse is either good or bad. There is no in between. So if it works the fuse is fine. Does the condition persist if you switch the radio to a different source? What if you disconnect the phone? Do you still hear the prompts when using voice recognition?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Condition persists no matter what the source. I have tried it without the phone & still no sound. I was truly hoping it was just an iPhone connection issue.

I guess it’s a trip to the dealership.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Condition persists no matter what the source. I have tried it without the phone & still no sound. I was truly hoping it was just an iPhone connection issue.

I guess it’s a trip to the dealership.
I was hoping it was just a phone connection too, so I was just trying to rule that out. Hopefully, the fix is just something simple like a software update. Let us know what the dealership finds.

·
Registered
240 Posts
No Warranty on a 2021 . I don't mean to be blatant but the obvious thing to do
is take it in. Or do you live very far away from a dealership?
You want to get this logged as a problem with Chrysler.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have called the two closest dealerships. They tell me they are overbooked & that I just need to be patient because the radio is searching for the satellite. Even after I tell them there is no sound for fm radio or CarPlay or a DVD. I can practically hear them rolling their eyes at the idiot woman who can’t figure out satellite radio. It’s beyond frustrating.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I have called the two closest dealerships. They tell me they are overbooked & that I just need to be patient because the radio is searching for the satellite. Even after I tell them there is no sound for fm radio or CarPlay or a DVD. I can practically hear them rolling their eyes at the idiot woman who can’t figure out satellite radio. It’s beyond frustrating.
That is a pretty dumb response.

Reactions: freddief73

·
Registered
765 Posts
Is yours a hybrid or a gas model? Do you hear any prompts or responses if you try to use the voice recognition feature?

I would try pulling the fuses for the radio (F76) and amplifier at the same time. I can't find an owners manual for a 2021 hybrid, but in past years the amplifier fuse was F8 for hybrid models and F9 for gas models. A 2021 should be the same, but double check with the drawing on the underside of the fuse box lid to be sure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It’s a hybrid. The book says F08 is the Amplifier. Alas, pulling it & the Uconnect fuse didn’t fix the problem.

The good news is I found a dealership that believes me & I have an appointment tomorrow. Plus I took a video of the sound cutting out so I have proof.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Documenting this stuff on video is a very good idea.
Also better to actually be there and show them the problem.
Tell us how it goes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update. The dealership is saying it’s a bad amplifier. They have ordered a new one & hopefully it arrives soon.

We spent a year debating whether or not to replace our Honda Odyssey with another Odyssey or the Pachy Hybrid. The Chrysler reliability problems were holding us back. I’m having buyer’s remorse.

I can’t believe I’m already taking it to the dealership after 1 month of ownership.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Update. The dealership is saying it’s a bad amplifier. They have ordered a new one & hopefully it arrives soon.

We spent a year debating whether or not to replace our Honda Odyssey with another Odyssey or the Pachy Hybrid. The Chrysler reliability problems were holding us back. I’m having buyer’s remorse.

I can’t believe I’m already taking it to the dealership after 1 month of ownership.
Given the symptoms you described, that definitely seems to make sense about the amplifier being defective. I hope they can get a new one for you soon.
In the mean time, no reason why you couldn't drive around until they get the part in, (albeit with no sound system/no tunes.)

Besides my 21 PacHy, I am also an older generation Odyssey owner. That thing is dated, but pretty much bulletproof.
Was also thinking of getting a new 21 or 22 Odyssey. However, take a look at their forums (odyclub.com) and get a look at the issues brought up on the latest 5th generation Odyssey (2018-2022). Many of the issues brought up are substantial. It seems the quality in the newest gen of Odysseys is not the same as we were used to in the older generations. Given that, I figured there was nothing to lose with a new PacHy.

Best wishes!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts