2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined up to the forum. I have a Touring Plus - love it. But about 10k miles, I started hearing the sliding doors groan when I braked and accelerated. It has gotten worse. I rented a Pacifica out in California with 30k on it and I heard the same problem. I took mine into the dealer, they heard it and replaced the interior door panels. It helped for a while but now it's back. Sounds like the doors are not tight. I also hear more wind noise in both doors

I have owned 2 T&C before this - never had either problem. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Here is what I found with extensive research and tinkering with the doors. Main reason I messed with them is I also have what seems to be excessive road/wind noise that seems to be coming from just behind my head to the left. I have done everything with that sliding door and nothing improved the road noise. Anyway, long story short I may have a fix for you because I was also experiencing the groaning type noise or whatever you wanna call it. I believe it was the weather stripping. I would recommend conditioning it with a automotive weather stripping lubricant. That instantly removed any noises I had coming from the door. It didn’t have anything to do with the door panel itself.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also having the exact issue described by ronmoparpac. It seems to be a creaking noise of the panel parts rubbing together somewhere on accelerate and braking, just behind the driver seat. Did the suggestion by JTS97Z28 work? It seems internal to the panel in the sliding door, are we sure conditioning the weather stripping would solve it? In my case, it is not wind noise, but more the noise caused by torsional movement of the car frame. The dealer has replaced several parts on the sliding door to no avail. They will be replacing the entire panel in a few weeks, but wondering if that doesn't work either, what other solutions there might be?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts