2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shortlisted Odyssey and Pacifica for our first van. There are just so many trim levels and features that it seems so hard to have an apple to apple comparison. For me it appears that Odyssey EXL is roughly Pacifica TL+? and Odyssey EX is about the same level of Pacifica Touring Plus? Does it look about right?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
It is always hard to compare trim levels of different makes since the packaging is different. All you need to do is create a list of features which you care about and see which model and make fits that. There was a pdf created by one of the forum members and I’ll post it when I find that.
BTW with Honda you get almost all the safety features standard at lower trim levels and with Pacifica the higher you go , the better the interior becomes. Honda has better refined engine , better reliability and a brand new transmission for higher trims but little short on workmanship and the Pacifica has better technology and good quality workmanship. Take your pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
I shortlisted Odyssey and Pacifica for our first van. There are just so many trim levels and features that it seems so hard to have an apple to apple comparison. For me it appears that Odyssey EXL is roughly Pacifica TL+? and Odyssey EX is about the same level of Pacifica Touring Plus? Does it look about right?
Odyssey EX-L = Touring L
Odyssey EX-L w/ navigation and entertainment package is closer to Touring L Plus

Chrysler really needs to work on their naming

the "Touring L plus" standard upgrades are: a larger screen in the dash, a nicer & larger screen in the gauge cluster, Heated second row seats, 2x 10" screens w/ wireless headphones and remotes with touch pads and DVD player, and an upgraded 560w stereo.

The Odyssey EX-L comes with a moonroof standard.
The Odyssey EX-L with nav adds a larger dash screen (i think) standard.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Odyssey EX-L = Touring L
Odyssey EX-L w/ navigation and entertainment package is closer to Touring L Plus

Chrysler really needs to work on their naming

the "Touring L plus" standard upgrades are: a larger screen in the dash, a nicer & larger screen in the gauge cluster, Heated second row seats, 2x 10" screens w/ wireless headphones and remotes with touch pads and DVD player, and an upgraded 560w stereo.

The Odyssey EX-L comes with a moonroof standard.
The Odyssey EX-L with nav adds a larger dash screen (i think) standard.
Thanks. What trim level of Pacifica is roughly about Odyssey EX? I found that Odyssey EX does not have Lane Departure Warning just as the lower trims of Pacifica. Am I correct?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks. What trim level of Pacifica is roughly about Odyssey EX? I found that Odyssey EX does not have Lane Departure Warning just as the lower trims of Pacifica. Am I correct?
I think the regular EX doesn't have leather so it would be like the Pacifica "Touring Plus"

·
Registered
190 Posts
Honda doesn't have stow and go so it is NO comparison!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Honda doesn't have stow and go so it is NO comparison!
The Pacifica's seats don't slide left to right or front to back. I didn't think i was going to like or even use the stow n go that much, and i really don't need to but I do almost every time I go grocery shopping. That being said if i had an Odyssey I'd just slide the seat over and if i had a Sienna i would just slide it back, both of which are easier to do than the stow n go, so for comparison it's a wash.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The Pacifica's seats don't slide left to right or front to back. I didn't think i was going to like or even use the stow n go that much, and i really don't need to but I do almost every time I go grocery shopping. That being said if i had an Odyssey I'd just slide the seat over and if i had a Sienna i would just slide it back, both of which are easier to do than the stow n go, so for comparison it's a wash.
Not really. The Honda is a great van, but if you actually need to haul any large furniture or bulky building material you will soon change your mind. Not having to leave seats behind in the garage or not being able to remove them by yourself changes your mind. We previously owned a Grand Caravan and were able to haul 2 full size recliners still in the boxes, 4x8 plywood and auction purchases that without Stow and Go would have meant renting a truck. After having this kind of convenience anything less is just that, LESS. We only have one vehicle so the Pacificas Stow & Go was the deciding factor when we looked to replace our 2014 Grand Caravan. If passengers are all you are transporting the Honda will be great, it simply doesn't have the Pacificas overall flexibility.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not really. The Honda is a great van, but if you actually need to haul any large furniture or bulky building material you will soon change your mind. Not having to leave seats behind in the garage or not being able to remove them by yourself changes your mind. We previously owned a Grand Caravan and were able to haul 2 full size recliners still in the boxes, 4x8 plywood and auction purchases that without Stow and Go would have meant renting a truck. After having this kind of convenience anything less is just that, LESS. We only have one vehicle so the Pacificas Stow & Go was the deciding factor when we looked to replace our 2014 Grand Caravan. If passengers are all you are transporting the Honda will be great, it simply doesn't have the Pacificas overall flexibility.
I'm sorry but that doesn't make much sense, even when you go to an auction and you're not sure what you're going to end up with, you know you're going to buy something, you take out the seats ahead of time, you can't tell me that you once drove somewhere with 7 people in the stow-n-go van, bought something that required you to fold away all the seats and had your passengers get a ride back with someone else. It's a nice feature but it has it's limitations in positioning, the other vans have more positioning but at the expense of some planning and semi heavy lifting. the honda has more floor to ceiling height, i can roll my 29er mtn bike into them without taking off the front wheel, the Pac i have to take it off, again a wash because I don't have to take out the seat but i do have to take off the front wheel.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Have you ever tried putting a bike in it upright without taking off the wheel? Can't all of the vans can fit 4x8 plywood? Can't they all fit 2 recliners still in boxes (the sienna can do this without removing the seats as well because you can tilt them forward and then slide them forward to where they only take up about 18" behind the front seat.)

IMHO the stow-n-go is kinda overrated for daily use, and the few times you use it, depending on the circumstances, at best, it's only moderately better. The biggest feature the Pacifica comes with is the extra $9,000 in your pocket you don't spend on a Sienna or Odyssey.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah you're right, totally agree.

·
Registered
74 Posts
try the reverse

I'm sorry but that doesn't make much sense, even when you go to an auction and you're not sure what you're going to end up with, you know you're going to buy something, you take out the seats ahead of time, you can't tell me that you once drove somewhere with 7 people in the stow-n-go van, bought something that required you to fold away all the seats and had your passengers get a ride back with someone else. It's a nice feature but it has it's limitations in positioning, the other vans have more positioning but at the expense of some planning and semi heavy lifting. the honda has more floor to ceiling height, i can roll my 29er mtn bike into them without taking off the front wheel, the Pac i have to take it off, again a wash because I don't have to take out the seat but i do have to take off the front wheel.
I've done the reverse in my Stow & Go Caravan on several occasions. Folded the seats down, loaded up the van with lots of junk, even a large love seat one time, driven to my destination (250 mi or 600 mi), unloaded, then put the seats up and hauled 6-7 passengers around town. Try that in a van where you have to remove the seats! And don't forget, those seats are heavy and hard to lift out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've done the reverse in my Stow & Go Caravan on several occasions. Folded the seats down, loaded up the van with lots of junk, even a large love seat one time, driven to my destination (250 mi or 600 mi), unloaded, then put the seats up and hauled 6-7 passengers around town. Try that in a van where you have to remove the seats! And don't forget, those seats are heavy and hard to lift out.
Haha maybe for a puny mortal they're heavy, but not to a father of 3. But that is a good point I never considered the reverse situation where you take stuff then take people. I still have a suburban and I think I've actually done that exact scenario in it when I was helping someone move. I just put floor mats in the back of my Pac, and the stow and go is now a hassle, I wish someone made them cut out specifically for the stow and go....wait, I have an Idea and a razorblade...Muhahahaha. I feel a new instructable post coming on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts