2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've heard of delays or shortages in some Pacifica parts, but was curious if anyone else has had to have their windshield replaced? Ours developed a nice crack that goes midway across, likely from a rock, and it will be replaced under our car insurance. But rather than any old windshield, I want OEM, and need it for the car's features that use the windshield (and it's the same price with my insurance). But through the third-party provider (Safelite), I have so far had a two month wait for a OEM Mopar windshield. They are going through a local dealer for the part (so a fourth party).

Anyone else had similar problems?

·
Registered
409 Posts
I've heard of delays or shortages in some Pacifica parts, but was curious if anyone else has had to have their windshield replaced? Ours developed a nice crack that goes midway across, likely from a rock, and it will be replaced under our car insurance. But rather than any old windshield, I want OEM, and need it for the car's features that use the windshield (and it's the same price with my insurance). But through the third-party provider (Safelite), I have so far had a two month wait for a OEM Mopar windshield. They are going through a local dealer for the part (so a fourth party).

Haven't had that problem yet knock on wood... if my wife drove it I'd probably have 5 huge chips and a crack in it. Shes always getting chips in the jeep - shes a rock magnet. Actually I have a post somewhere on here about how my bottomed out the front bumper, jumped a curb, and hit god knows what and shot out the side of the van taking a huge gash out of the plastic trim.... all that within like 20 minutes

·
Registered
819 Posts

i would PM ChryslerCares -- they may be able to get you an answer. But just for fun, call another dealer's parts department and see what they say. Try another state, too.

When I had a battery issue this past summer, the dealer replaced it with no mention of a delay as part of the explanation for it taking them 3 weeks to diagnose & repair. But at the same time, other posters were reporting significant wait times for a new battery.

Chrysler is not alone here -- our friend has a brand new 2019 Kia -- a hit & run bum took out 4 cars on his street. He has been waiting 2+ weeks for a lift gate with no estimate on when it will be available.......

·
Registered
219 Posts

What features require a factory windshield?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess it depends on the model. For example, what rear view mirror there is whatever else mounts behind it (I've got some black thing on the glass up there too). I don't think its as drastic as the Subaru, which due to their EyeSight system, it has to have a very specific windshield.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Replaced my windshield w/ aftermarket for ~$200. They are compatible - your installer must determine which exact windshield is compatible with all your van's options (cameras/sensors/devices for driving aids like rain-sense wipers, collision warning, auto lighting, mirror dim, antennas, defrosters, etc...)

·
Registered
819 Posts
I think it was on the "Easter Egg" thread that the logo was discussed was also a discussion of OEM glass and warranty. I found two threads that might help, but neither talk about any non-OEM impact on warranty. No more time to search.

These short thread are contradictory:

This one
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/474-chrysler-pacifica-minivan-issues-problems/39226-windshield-replacement-resetting-camera-sensors.html#post517014
talks about the need for dealer recalibration after windshield installation.

and this one
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/193-2017-chrysler-pacifica-minivan-general-discussion/38750-windshield-replacement-limited.html#post511270
says recalibration wasn't needed.....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the links - I don't think my Touring L has nearly all the toys of the guy who DID have calibration done (rain sensing windshield or auto diming lights) but I do see some stuff attached to the glass which would lead me to question what it does, as even the rear view mirror has a hefty mount. I will not be surprised if it does need dealer work, but like the original poster said, the insurance company should pick all that cost up.

·
Registered
63 Posts
What features require a factory windshield?
Acoustic Windshield on some trim levels and those with the Advanced SafetyTec package. This thick laminated windshield does help to quiet down the cabin and I would insist on OEM if your broken windshield is the acoustic type.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts