2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Limited Hybrid
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if it's just my part of the world, but none of my local dealers are offering oil change coupons. I begrudge paying $140 for one oil change. At the momeny I'm unsure what to do, I really don't like Jiffylube

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not sure if it's just my part of the world, but none of my local dealers are offering oil change coupons. I begrudge paying $140 for one oil change. At the momeny I'm unsure what to do, I really don't like Jiffylube
I'm in upstate New York. No coupons, but last year they sold me on a deal that I believe was prepay for 2 oil changes and get the 3rd free. That was just something available when they were doing intake, so not advertised anywhere. I'll be sure to grab those again in the future.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought similar deal late 2019 , unfortunately covid hit and those coupons expire after 2 years. So I only got 2 oil changes. Even now I am only doing 1 oil change a year. I wish they lasted longer

·
Registered
776 Posts
Do it yourself. Easiest car I've ever done. Here is the how-to.
I didn't need ramps, and was able to fit drain pan under and reach the drain plug.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Yup, do it yourself. I know it’s done right.

I started doing oil changes in 1971 on my dad’s 1966 Plymouth Fury III.
Been doing them ever since on all our family vehicles.
I had a 1974 VW Rabbit I'd bought new. At the time, they called for oil change at 7,500 and filter at 15,000! I thought that was too long, and changed both sooner, but to document for warranty, I brought it to dealer for oil & filter change. You could see the filter from the front if you just ducked down and looked. I had scratched the filter with a nail with the mileage when I changed the filter, and when I went to pick up my car, I saw it in the lot, looked under, and saw my filter!!! I said nothing, went in to pick up car, and was told it was done. I raised my voice, and said "I want you to tell me you changed my oil and the filter so I can call you a liar to your face". They hemmed and hawed and then told me they were out of filters - long story - I change my oil and filters myself ever since. Then I am certain When it was changed, what oil went in, and I don't get a cross-threaded drain plug or a filter you can't get off. I went to college with guys who had jobs at dealerships where they were instructed that for an oil change to take a rag and wipe the oil cap and the drain plug and the filter - that was it.
Some of the places have a hose that pumps the oil in - how do you know what it is pumping in? I sincerely doubt it is synthetic oil.
Takes me about 15-20 minutes to change the oil on the Pacifica, with cleaning up, and I know with certainty what was done and what went in - and I save well over half the cost.

Reactions: VelvetRedAWD

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Doing them yourself until you need to prove that the work was done. I am happy to do this on older cars, on newer cars I prefer to have documented maintenance history for what it's worth. Makes it easier to argue if something breaks, also makes it easier to sell.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Touring L
18 Posts
Autozone $38 oil and filter. Oil hatch on bottom passenger side of motor. Don’t even need a jack! Oil filter on top of motor (passenger side). Takes 20 minutes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Call around to other ASE certified shops (Goodyear, Firestone, Meyers, etc) and get quotes. I get flyers in the mail every month offering oil change with synthetic oil for $40 to $55 here in Ks.

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
My local dealer always has the coupon for 3 full synthetic oil changes for $99. Good for 2 years. I don't know if the coupons can be used at other dealerships but here is a link.
Car Service | Car Parts Lowell, MA | 495 Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
Those Mopar coupons are the same for all dealers. I always buy the same package too.

The funny thing is in the past I have to fight with my dealer about the "Bonus" 10% coupon. They always claim it can't be used and I point out it says "bonus" so what is the point of it if it can't be used? I always win lol.

Reactions: Jeremy M.

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
I really don't understand why the express lane oil change is so expensive. $145 for one oil change. and with the coupon the same oil change is $33.33.
They don't want people driving in to know about the offered package unless they ask about it. More 💲💲💲

Reactions: Jeremy M.

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
BTW, I opted for the 119.00 package. It is the same as listed on the site but includes tire re-balancing and rotation with each oil change. I have not seen this package listed on any website only the available coupons listed on the site you posted. I have to specifically ask for the one that includes the tires with oil changes.

The extra 20 is worth it to me because my dealer charges 34.99 for the service for each re-balance and rotation only. I get it X3 for 20 extra.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yup, do it yourself. I know it’s done right.

I started doing oil changes in 1971 on my dad’s 1966 Plymouth Fury III.
Been doing them ever since on all our family vehicles.
I learnt how to do an oil+filter change 30 years ago and must have saved hundreds if not thousands over the years doing it myself. It takes about 15 minutes or less, about 1/10th of the time if i took it to the dealer, wait and all that. and I know its done well and what went in. I recently got a battery operated pump to drain the oil, works really well and dont even need to go under the van to drain the oil.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts